Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 07:16 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not deflecting at all.

That's central to this horror. This man shouldn't have been out on the streets, and if he was, shouldn't have been armed to the teeth due to his known recent criminal behavior.
OK, but we can’t change the past and I am hoping the anti transparency legislation goes away because it was a bad law but here we are.

This person murdered a lot of people in cold blood and it was blamed on “anti trans rhetoric” and Republicans since it happened by the media and numerous politicians as well as Democrats in general. Now we find it this person was non binary with a terrible childhood and not raised by MAGA Republicans like the media painted. It was just a terrible murder from a very troubled person.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:20 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
OK, but we cant change the past an I am hoping the anti transparency legislation goes away because it was a bad law but here we are. This person murdered a lot of people in cold blood and it was blamed on “anti trans rhetoric” and Republicans since it happened. Now we find it this person was non binary with a terrible childhood and not raised by MAGA Republicans like the media painted. It was just a terrible murder from a very troubled person.
We don't know what his motivation is.

He didn't have a relationship with his father, so it seems extremely unlikely his father influenced him.

The bomb threat thing was over his Grandparents moving out of state, and the great loss that would cause him. He's in pain, crying, they don't care about me. His grandparents meant the world to him. It was his grandfather who came to his aid when he was 16 and helped him change his name. They were close.

But yes, additionally, this is terrible law. If they decided not to prosecute him for this crime, they should have at least red flagged him for a serious psych event. Which they didn't do. Because many in the Colorado legal system are saying they're not going to participate in the red flag system, because they want everyone who wants a gun to have one.

I'm just steaming mad, at how many chances we had to prevent this, and how many people worked in tandem to make sure this monster had access to the weapons he still possessed from when he had his first criminal event.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:27 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:

He didn't have a relationship with his father, so it seems extremely unlikely his father influenced him.

The bomb threat thing was over his Grandparents moving out of state, and the great loss that would cause him. He's in pain, crying, they don't care about me. His grandparents meant the world to him. It was his grandfather who came to his aid when he was 16 and helped him change his name. They were close.

But yes, additionally, this is terrible law. If they decided not to prosecute him for this crime, they should have at least red flagged him for a serious psych event. Which they didn't do. Because many in the Colorado legal system are saying they're not going to participate in the red flag system, because they want everyone who wants a gun to have one.

I'm just steaming mad, at how many chances we had to prevent this, and how many people worked in tandem to make sure this monster had access to the weapons he still possessed from when he had his first criminal event.
There you go....blame everyone else, you must also blame Trump

Old 11-23-2022, 07:31 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,540,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No indication of prior non-binary issues but that hate crime charge ....oh yeah.....

But as someone said -- the hate crime is the least of his problems.

but it was said last sunday by a 'witness' that the shooter was in fact closeted gay and had deep self esteem self hate issues and everything in his known actions point to that.

im not seeing how this is not consistent

he is not going to be acquitted and he is not going to be be put to death. he is going to live a long time in a 5x8

Old 11-23-2022, 07:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:

It wasn’t his Republican Grandfather in CA that raised him, it was the other Grandpa. Also his Dad did have an influence on him so much so that he chnaged his name to disassociate himself with him.

And you’re right, we don’t know the motive, yet it didn’t stop the media and many people to immediately blame Republicans.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:42 AM

9,533 posts, read 16,522,023 times
Watch how fast this Club Q story gets pushed aside, now that the Walmart Mass Shooting hits the news today. Notice how these killings seem to come in a series of them. The past 2 weeks we have gone from the Idaho murders to the Colorado Springs Murder and today its the Virginia murders. I can't keep track of how many of these mass killings keep happening in Colorado and Virginia. Complete breakdown of USA society.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It wasn’t his Republican Grandfather in CA that raised him, it was the other Grandpa. Also his Dad did have an influence on him so much so that he chnaged his name to disassociate himself with him.

And you’re right, we don’t know the motive, yet it didn’t stop the media and many people to immediately blame Republicans.
He changed his name because he was being severely bullied online, is what came out yesterday.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
He changed his name because he was being severely bullied online, is what came out yesterday.
Where are all the social media posts of this bullying?

Old 11-23-2022, 07:45 AM

6,813 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Because many in the Colorado legal system are saying they're not going to participate in the red flag system, because they want everyone who wants a gun to have one.
Or maybe people who didn’t use the red flag law to report them didn’t know about it?

I don’t think this is part of a sinister plot to avoid the red flag law at this point, unless more information becomes available later. The red flag law wasn’t used to report the person who committed the mass shooting at the grocery store in Boulder last year either.

Old 11-23-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where are all the social media posts of this bullying?
They're gone, from what I can tell. His original name was Nick Brink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies