Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 08:55 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times

Advertisements

Republicans have been playing scorched earth politics since Newt Gingrich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 08:58 PM

1,870 posts, read 844,665 times
you know all this hate with the right and left are only those that work inside the beltway. the other 99.99999999999% of the population, only care about putting food on the table

the fighting is with the career government workers in the beltway

Old 11-26-2022, 04:19 AM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And that's why Trump wasn't re elected. We don't want a fighter against other americans.
...time will tell, he's running again, so he's not finished yet. He's coming to get up in your grill again, & inflict max fear in all radical extremists on the left

I don't want Trump back due to his spending, but I loved the way he pummelled the extremists, and their accompices in the media. I yearn for more of that...just not the Trillions in deficit spending, so Trump won't get my vote in the Primary.

Rand Paul is my 1st choice, DeSanitis is #2, & I have no #3 yet. Anyone that will shrink gov't, while shrredding radical extremist Libs, will be on my watch list.

Old 11-26-2022, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Cadet Bonespurs isn't a fighter. He's an entitled whiner. The British got it right when they created the 'Trump baby blimp'. IMO, referring to Trump as a fighter is an insult to those who actually served and fought in combat (like my father).
Trump fought hard to keep many campaign promises, which is unique in my litetime:

https://990theanswer.com/content/all...romise-keeping

The left hates that Trump fights back...unlike Bush, Romney, RINO's, Boehner, & all those wimps.

You are in for 2 more years of Trump aggitating you. He takes the left off their game, by pushing all their hateful emotional buttons.

Old 11-26-2022, 04:29 AM

3,281 posts, read 1,418,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This article reflects how many on the right feel. Republicans can no longer play nice or try to get along with the left. It will not make anything better. Instead the right must do to the left what the left has done to them. Have no mercy. Mutually assured destruction politics. Bring it on.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%...n_get_mad.html

Snip

“We no longer agree on basic issues nor will the Left tolerate peaceful disagreement, but the relationship of fear has yet to take its place. Oh, there is fear, but it is one-sided. The right is afraid of the Left but the Left laughs off the right.

It is high time to rectify this situation and introduce into the American body politic a mutual-fear pact. Only concern for their own skin will ensure that the Left keeps their worst impulses in check. Therefore, it is absolutely imperative for the new Republican Congress to go all out on delivering the pain to the Democrats. Every step over the line the Left has taken over the past few years must be met with equal if not greater force. There needs to be investigations into every act by every high-ranking Democrat official, no matter how small.”
It is amazing how two different people (or two different groups of people) can look at the same situation, and come away with two diametrically opposed perspectives on what us going on.

Old 11-26-2022, 04:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Just like that lunatic progressive, Ronald Reagan, who signed a bill in 1986 giving amnesty to 3 million illegals already in the U.S. Someone here once said presidents today should follow what Reagan did.
President Reagan made a deal with the Dems, amnesty for a secure border, The Dems lied and reneged on this deal.

Old 11-26-2022, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
President Reagan made a deal with the Dems, amnesty for a secure border, The Dems lied and reneged on this deal.
Pubs should never trust the Dems on anything. I wouldn't do deals with Dems, or ever try to work with them. I'd shut the gov't every time and make them squeal.

Just pummel them in every way possible...investigations are the get even plan du jour. Let the investigations begin, and may they be more vicious than anything the Dems did in the past 10 years.

The next 2 years is going to be a lot of fun....getting even.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:07 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You sound exactly like the Biblical mother in the King Solomon story who lost her baby, and then wanted the other woman's baby cut in half. If you can't have your baby, you're going to make damn sure nobody else can have theirs.

The right has lost something - the majority power of the United States. The typical group that has run the US for as long as any of us have been alive - conservative whites - has lost the power. And now, you'd rather see the baby cut in half and dead rather than cede that power to those who now have it - a more heterogeneous, more liberal group of people.

You and yours might succeed in cutting the country in half just so you don't have to watch those you disdain run it. But if America no longer exists as the United States of America in 25 years, we are watching who caused us all to be cut in half.

Honestly, Jena. Look at what you so gleefully said. "Mutually assured destruction, bring it on". Do you really wish for the destruction of our country? I'm asking, because I have an idea of how your feel, but I'd like to hear you say it.
"The right has lost something - the majority power of the United States"

You really need to broaden your "news" sources"!

Repubs took back control of the House.

"Republicans Have Won 6 Million More Votes than Democrats in House Races,"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ely-few-seats/

"2022 State Trifecta Map: GOP With Full Control of 23 States, Dems 14"

"In 2022 Republicans have full control of the legislature in 30 states. Democrats have full control of the legislature in just 17 states. The remaining three states have a divided legislature (Minnesota, Alaska, Virginia).

https://www.atr.org/2022-state-trife...tes-dems-14-2/

Old 11-26-2022, 09:43 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
...time will tell, he's running again, so he's not finished yet. He's coming to get up in your grill again, & inflict max fear in all radical extremists on the left

I don't want Trump back due to his spending, but I loved the way he pummelled the extremists, and their accompices in the media. I yearn for more of that...just not the Trillions in deficit spending, so Trump won't get my vote in the Primary.

Rand Paul is my 1st choice, DeSanitis is #2, & I have no #3 yet. Anyone that will shrink gov't, while shrredding radical extremist Libs, will be on my watch list.
If you’re not willing to withhold your vote in the general if he happened to get the nomination, then you’re claimed outrage re Trump’s spending is faux.

Old 11-26-2022, 09:49 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Trump fought hard to keep many campaign promises, which is unique in my litetime:

https://990theanswer.com/content/all...romise-keeping

The left hates that Trump fights back...unlike Bush, Romney, RINO's, Boehner, & all those wimps.

You are in for 2 more years of Trump aggitating you. He takes the left off their game, by pushing all their hateful emotional buttons.
Hopefully not.

Hopefully he gets indicted, tried, and convicted of something, DeSantis runs, gets the nomination, and wins .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies