Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 03:27 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times

Advertisements

WOW!

Warning signs flashing everywhere, yet Biden and Democrats in complete denial on predicted deep recession heading our way 2023/2024.

Yield curve inverts to its deepest level since 1982

But don't worry. If it happens, Democrats will simply blame Republicans for it.

Remember when Biden and the FED claimed inflation was transitory and is nothing to worry about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 03:36 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Get ready to be told it's a global recession and Biden has no control in 3....2....1....

Seriously though, he doesn't have any control over anything anymore. The Pope can attest to that I'm sure...

Old 12-01-2022, 04:55 PM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
We have known for months since the Fed started 75 bps raises into a weak economy, that we were heading for a recession. We just don't know how deep or how long. Housing leads. The wild card here is how long will the Fed leave the Fed Funds rate at 5%. A quarter or a year or more?

This doesn't look to be a V-shaped recession, but if the Fed chickens out and slams rates back down, then it will be, but inflation will take off again.

Anybody have a crystal ball I can borrow? Low miles, cheap.

I like how the yeild curve mimicks 1982, just like inflation. I mean, it stands to reason that if inflation is as bad as 1982, and the Fed is fighting it like 1982, then the resulting recession will be like 1982.

Brutal. I graduated in engineering into the 82 Reagan Recession and it took 2 years to get a job. 100 applications. 33 sit down interviews. Lots of waiting tables meanwhile. Brutal. I hated it. An engineering diploma should be a walk-on job offer. It normally is.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
We have known for months since the Fed started 75 bps raises into a weak economy, that we were heading for a recession. We just don't know how deep or how long. Housing leads. The wild card here is how long will the Fed leave the Fed Funds rate at 5%. A quarter or a year or more?

This doesn't look to be a V-shaped recession, but if the Fed chickens out and slams rates back down, then it will be, but inflation will take off again.

I like how the yeild curve mimicks 1982, just like inflation. I mean, it stands to reason that if inflation is as bad as 1982, and the Fed is fighting it like 1982, then the resulting recession will be like 1982.

Brutal. I graduated in engineering into the 82 Reagan Recession and it took 2 years to get a job. 100 applications. 33 sit down interviews. Lots of waiting tables meanwhile. Brutal. I hated it. An engineering diploma should be a walk-on job offer. It normally is.

Just a little insight for the others who never do any research. This is just a snippet, but the entire read is very interesting. We are right on track with it again.

Once a President passes bad legislation which creates massive inflation (CarterInflation and now Bidenflation), recession follows due to what the FED has to do to correct it. Biden inherited a great situation and he blew it. Reagan inherited a bad situation and had to work to make it better.

The 1980's Recession

"Volcker’s first attempt to lower inflation and inflationary expectations proved insufficient. The credit-control program initiated in March 1980 by the Carter administration precipitated a sharp recession (Schreft 1990). As unemployment mounted, the Fed eased up, an action reminiscent of the “stop-go” policies the public had come to expect. In late 1980 and early 1981, the Fed once again tightened the money supply, allowing the federal funds rate to approach 20 percent. Despite this, long-run interest rates continued to rise. The ten-year Treasury bond rate increased from about 11 percent in October 1980 to more than 15 percent a year later, possibly because the market believed the Fed would back down from its tight policy when unemployment rose (Goodfriend and King 2005). This time, however, Volcker was adamant that the Fed not back down: “We have set our course to restrain growth in money and credit. We mean to stick with it” (Volcker 1981a).

The economy officially entered a recession in the third quarter of 1981, as high interest rates put pressure on sectors of the economy reliant on borrowing, like manufacturing and construction. Unemployment grew from 7.4 percent at the start of the recession to nearly 10 percent a year later. As the recession worsened, Volcker faced repeated calls from Congress to loosen monetary policy, but he maintained that failing to bring down long-run inflation expectations now would result in “more serious economic circumstances over a much longer period of time” (Monetary Policy Report 1982, 67)."

Old 12-01-2022, 06:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,138,222 times
Fear not, for increasing the number of IRS agents from 78,000 to 165,000 so that a few more bucks can be extracted from people who sometimes choose between eating and electricity will surely resolve the problem! If the armed agents happen to shoot your dog, that's a bonus cost savings attributable to Uncle Sam. Eating insects will be fantastic, too. Additionally, like some leftists have been saying, you can expect to reliably save money by getting an abortion — and it's all good for the planet! A real WIN/WIN. Vote blue no matter who.

I dunno about you, but I can't count all of the ways in which I'm excited for the coming neo-progressive utopia. Tickled beyond words. Truly.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:10 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Anyone paying attention knows that Biden's goal is to destroy the United States of America. He is well on his way to doing so. Next few weeks should be dynamic.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:11 PM

12,980 posts, read 9,501,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

Engineering had been that way for some time. I graduated in 1970 in aerospace engineering, just when Apollo was winding down and no real future plans. Fortunately, I'd been a co-op student while in school so got a job. But aerospace/defense didn't improve until Reagan was president. Engineering hasn't been a ripe field for all that long.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Fear not, for increasing the number of IRS agents from 78,000 to 165,000 so that a few more bucks can be extracted from people who sometimes choose between eating and electricity will surely resolve the problem! If the armed agents happen to shoot your dog, that's a bonus cost savings attributable to Uncle Sam. Eating insects will be fantastic, too. Additionally, like some leftists have been saying, you can expect to reliably save money by getting an abortion — and it's all good for the planet! A real WIN/WIN. Vote blue no matter who.

I dunno about you, but I can't count all of the ways in which I'm excited for the coming neo-progressive utopia. Tickled beyond words. Truly.
You are right. Things are going to be grrrrrreat!

Old 12-01-2022, 06:48 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Can someone explain to me how I can "do my research" without the dreaded "fact checking". If you're not checking facts what the heck are you researching, opinions?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:54 PM

1,857 posts, read 796,679 times
3 full caps warnings? begging for attention OP?

stop thinking dems are the boogie man

Pompeo 2024!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies