Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 01:54 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Undoubtedly, Cheney is a neoconservative hawk. She was opposed to Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, which of course was a twenty-year war that her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney, had helped launch; she has even continued to promote the idea that there was a connection between al-Qaeda and Iraq – the falsified pretext upon which Dick Cheney constructed the Iraq invasion; she voted against repealing the 2002 Authorization of Military Force – another unfortunate vestige of the Bush-Cheney years; she has supported the use of torture; she opposes the no-first-use nuclear policy; she opposed the JCPOA. Liz Cheney is her father’s daughter.
Just think Dick Cheney in drag and you have Lynn Cheney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2022, 02:06 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Trump is fading. -20 against Desantis. -10 to Biden.

Trump is losing altitude after GOP's midterm disappointment

Testing 2024: Biden ties with DeSantis in a head-to-head matchup, 42-42.
  • Trump loses to Biden by 10 points, 44-34.
One big reason is because Trump is limited to just four years in office. Trump's first year in office will be him trying to get situated. So that leaves him three years. During Trump's third year in office he's a lame duck, and everyone knows he will be out the door.

Lame duck presidents in their seventh year don't get anything done, because no one wants to rock the boat. Members of Congress are preparing for their reelection, and the president's staff and admin appointees have either already bailed on him, or they're trying to score their next job.

It's a lot to expect people to invest in Trump, when he has at best, two years of his policies being put into action.

DeSantis will not be a lame duck president after only three years in office, Trump will.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:13 PM

11,504 posts, read 6,008,999 times
As more and more Republican voters come to undestand that the deck is completely stacked against president Trump, he will continue to lose GOP voter support.

Trump is unelectable. The establishment GOP hates him. The media will bury him with lies that more stupid people will just accept on faith. He has massive negatives among Democrat voters that will mobilize their vote against him and drive historic Democrat voter turnout.

I won't count the man out, but it is looking grim for Trump to be the GOP nominee. I think he is unelectable anyway. There is just too much opposing him from all quarters.

A "new" Trump is needed. We need a new conservative MAGA candidate to pick up Trump's torch and carry it over the goal line. Trump will always be a hero for kicking off the MAGA revolution going forward. I am very grateful for that. He can still do great things out of office, from finding and funding candidates, to continuing to expose the Left.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not on the left. I am actually to the right of MAGA on most issues. But what were Trump's accomplishments that are still in place today? Its easy to do EO's that get slapped down.
The first one that springs to mind is the Abraham Accords. Although because it's Biden, he seems to flip and flop between supporting the Accords, to demolishing them, week by week.

While not specifically policies, there are undreds of harmful federal regs that Trump's admin eliminated.

Apparently the Biden DOJ is still enforcing many of the legal decisions made by the DOJ under Trump .

Biden is continuing Trump's privatization of Medicare.

How closely the Biden admin is following the spirit of these Trump policies, I don't know.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
As more and more Republican voters come to undestand that the deck is completely stacked against president Trump, he will continue to lose GOP voter support.

Trump is unelectable. The establishment GOP hates him. The media will bury him with lies that more stupid people will just accept on faith. He has massive negatives among Democrat voters that will mobilize their vote against him and drive historic Democrat voter turnout.

I won't count the man out, but it is looking grim for Trump to be the GOP nominee. I think he is unelectable anyway. There is just too much opposing him from all quarters.

A "new" Trump is needed. We need a new conservative MAGA candidate to pick up Trump's torch and carry it over the goal line. Trump will always be a hero for kicking off the MAGA revolution going forward. I am very grateful for that. He can still do great things out of office, from finding and funding candidates, to continuing to expose the Left.
The biggest thing "stacked against Trump" is that he can only serve one term.

Old 12-05-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:

Trump is not ready to let a new Trump take over.

Trump wants to run. And I am not sure that if DeSantis or someone else wrestled the nomination away from him that he would go quietly. He could do an independent run or start a MAGA party and hand the win to the Democrats. Or perhaps win that way.

Old 12-05-2022, 03:14 PM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump will get beat by DeSantis in the first couple primaries. Trump will declare they were rigged by the elites and RINOs and that the only thing for him to do is start the MAGA party to clean house.
It is extremely difficult to start a new political party in the USA, & get onto all the states ballots.

Its a process that takes years, not months. He'd have to run as an Indy, or as a write-in.

If Trump started today to form a new poltical party, he still wouldn't get on every states ballots in Nov 2024.

Old 12-05-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The first one that springs to mind is the Abraham Accords. Although because it's Biden, he seems to flip and flop between supporting the Accords, to demolishing them, week by week.

While not specifically policies, there are undreds of harmful federal regs that Trump's admin eliminated.

Apparently the Biden DOJ is still enforcing many of the legal decisions made by the DOJ under Trump .

Biden is continuing Trump's privatization of Medicare.

How closely the Biden admin is following the spirit of these Trump policies, I don't know.
The problem with a lot of the regulations Trump ended, they were EO's. So Biden simply reversed them. EO's are better than nothing but not at all as good as legislation.

Biden Repudiates Trump Era With Revocation Of Certain Executive Orders Concerning Federal Regulation

I look at the first couple years when he had the majority in congress. A lot of stuff was going to get tackled. Yet he got into a beef with John McCain and a lot of that got stalled. He got tax cuts done but did not go back to make sure it was permanent for individuals. The wall never got completed. Obamacare never got repealed and replaced. Immigration was never dealt with. DACA's were never deported. The Abraham Accords were ok. But lasting peace in the middle east is a tough one. But we do have to try.

Old 12-05-2022, 03:50 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It is extremely difficult to start a new political party in the USA, & get onto all the states ballots.

Its a process that takes years, not months. He'd have to run as an Indy, or as a write-in.

If Trump started today to form a new poltical party, he still wouldn't get on every states ballots in Nov 2024.
Trump could run on the Libertarian ticket. But, he's not really much of a libertarian so I doubt they'd want him.

Old 12-05-2022, 05:48 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:

You mention hate for him and you mention lies about him, but you don't mention anything Trump himself has done which could make himself unelectable.

Have you seen anything you can think of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies