Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 10:53 AM

24,760 posts, read 17,498,156 times

Advertisements

It is downright stupid that the Elected Elites on both sides will tell us how SS is being threatened due to one scheme or another BUT what they never talk about to save SS that is removed from our paychecks every week, is REDUCING the aide to foreign countries. NOW we are paying the pensions of Ukraine people soooo their lives will not be disrupted by the War?

I'd say a President that puts the needs of people in a foreign country over the needs of the citizens of the USA is not a President at all. We used to tar and feather these types. George Washington and his Homies would be stacking bodies by now.

Only in Biden's America is this possible and it is spun to make it look like a positive for us? More worrying is that millions of our fellows support this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2023, 10:54 AM

9,205 posts, read 6,381,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
As SS And Medicare Flounder, The American Taxpayer Is Paying For Ukraine's Pension Fund. How Do You Feel About That?

I understand the US is also paying for national healthcare in Israel. How Do You Feel About That?

Could you please explain your assertion?

Old 02-23-2023, 10:56 AM

17,972 posts, read 14,946,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
George Washington and his Homies would be stacking bodies by now.

This phrasing made me laugh.

Old 02-23-2023, 11:00 AM

45,362 posts, read 26,627,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Could you please explain your assertion?
It might be that aid is fungible. We give Israel money for say defense, but where its actually spent nobody knows. Also you can make the case the money we give them for defense means theyll have more money for other things like funding health care

Old 02-23-2023, 11:17 AM

4,541 posts, read 1,892,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
SS payments just increased, so it's not like our seniors are getting nothing because it's all going to Ukraine. And honestly, I've never met a conservative who really did believe that Americans deserved to come first.
“I put a ukraine flag on my Facebook profile pic. I’m helping.”

Old 02-23-2023, 11:28 AM

712 posts, read 935,672 times
It has been said that support for Ukraine is of US vital interest to prevent Russia from taking military intervention into neighboring countries. Also to prevent the spread of communism. My questions as follows.

!- Russia is not a communist country.
2-What would occur if Russia decided to install weapons of mass destruction on US borders as we have done in and around their borders?
3-After the break-up of the USSR why did we allow the massive nuclear build-up by Russia to the extent of being # 1 in the world in potential nuclear destruction capability?
4-When US fought for independence who picked up our cost of waging war--or supported us with $ and weapons?
5- If and when many dictator led and marginal countries begin to battle for freedom and reform--is the US going to bust the treasury once again or import entire African populations to our country?

Old 02-23-2023, 11:29 AM

12,162 posts, read 6,378,645 times
I expect the worst from my government these days, and they never dissapoint.

Old 02-23-2023, 11:30 AM

2,438 posts, read 3,011,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
“I put a ukraine flag on my Facebook profile pic. I’m helping.”
Not me. But I don't think seniors are suffering because of aid to Ukraine.

Old 02-23-2023, 11:36 AM

53,365 posts, read 35,054,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
As SS And Medicare Flounder, The American Taxpayer Is Paying For Ukraine's Pension Fund. How Do You Feel About That?

I understand the US is also paying for national healthcare in Israel. How Do You Feel About That?
just as pissed. would you happen to have a link?

Old 02-23-2023, 11:49 AM

7,111 posts, read 2,807,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
would prefer the US not be involved in the Ukraine thing.
It's not even on our continent. Let Europe handle this through the UN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies