Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 04:47 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times

Advertisements

I'm not fan of Fauci but I get annoyed when people say mask's don't work. When people wear cloth mask and don't keep it over their nose & mouth they don't work. But a mask that doctors wear & wear correctly do help.

Granted not every situation is the same. If you're in a crowded elevator with people & every person is wearing a mask with half the people having covid. Your chances of not getting covid increases vs nobody wearing a mask.

It's all about statistics and that's what most americans who are against masks just can't understand. You were never going to stop it spreading completely but it's about lowering the chances of spreading it. Because if you can cut back on just a small % that will translate to thousands of other people not coming into contact. And guess what? That means less people overall dying or needing medical care.

If masks never worked then why has Asian countries worn them for decades? Why has surgeons and doctors worn them for ever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 04:49 PM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Maybe 3 masks work? Who knows muh science LOL. Biden and Walensky said if you get the vax you 1) can't get covid and 2) you can't pass it on?

How much did Big Pharma pay them?

Old 04-25-2023, 04:51 PM

1,224 posts, read 516,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I'm not fan of Fauci but I get annoyed when people say mask's don't work. When people wear cloth mask and don't keep it over their nose & mouth they don't work. But a mask that doctors wear & wear correctly do help.

Granted not every situation is the same. If you're in a crowded elevator with people & every person is wearing a mask with half the people having covid. Your chances of not getting covid increases vs nobody wearing a mask.

It's all about statistics and that's what most americans who are against masks just can't understand. You were never going to stop it spreading completely but it's about lowering the chances of spreading it. Because if you can cut back on just a small % that will translate to thousands of other people not coming into contact. And guess what? That means less people overall dying or needing medical care.

If masks never worked then why has Asian countries worn them for decades? Why has surgeons and doctors worn them for ever?
Masks don't work the virus is like tossing an infected hot dog down a bowling lane and the pins will stopn it lol. Are you insane?

Old 04-25-2023, 04:53 PM

4,662 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:

I don't know, maybe because they're in surgery, as opposed to at a grocery store or concert? I mean, hello? Is there some reason you can't let this talking point go, instead of pigheadedly continuing to trot it out?

Old 04-25-2023, 04:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Maybe 3 masks work? Who knows muh science LOL. Biden and Walensky said if you get the vax you 1) can't get covid and 2) you can't pass it on?

How much did Big Pharma pay them?
…and folks still believe it, but obviously don’t trust it as they cry for mandates of the shot/s and masks. If they truly believed they work they wouldn’t have anything to worry about in what others choose not to do in regards to it. My science and my body my choice gets touted as long as it fits their narrative.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:02 PM

18,088 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Every anti-masker should tell their brain surgeon that masks don't work.
Exactly!

I'm surprised there haven't been protests inside hospitals to try and force the surgical teams and ICU staff to stop wearing those useless masks and other PPE. And while they're at it, washing hands is just so 'woke.'

Old 04-25-2023, 05:07 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:

I can't even begin to respond to so much ignorance in one single post. Maybe someone else has the stomach for it.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:14 PM

9,829 posts, read 7,262,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Masks don't work the virus is like tossing an infected hot dog down a bowling lane and the pins will stopn it lol. Are you insane?
I mean, they definitely block your spit. So in theory they should help reduce (not completely) the spread of a virus that attaches itself to airborne droplets, which is how Covid spreads. If a spreader wears a mask.

An infected/sick person should stay at home, but if they do have to go out, then they should wear a mask.

Other than that, the masks have definitely turned into virtue signaling, culture war silliness. I don't think they do a lot. I think it's strange that a lot of non-infected people are still religiously wearing them today, and paranoid with masks, 3 years after the pandemic. People that weren't wearing masks in 2019. It's like, so is it going to go on forever, for these people? Seems to be almost part of their identity now. I don't get it.

As long as I'm not being required to wear one, then it's not a big deal I guess, but I'm just commenting on what I am seeing on the ground here in hyper-progressive Seattle. It's like irrational paranoia for some.

Old 04-25-2023, 05:16 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Exactly!

I'm surprised there haven't been protests inside hospitals to try and force the surgical teams and ICU staff to stop wearing those useless masks and other PPE. And while they're at it, washing hands is just so 'woke.'
Controlled environment in which masks are worn by professionals. Furthermore, every interaction is/potentially is high risk of contamination either from/to doctors/patients.

Does that setting describe 99.9% of interactions in daily life?

Old 04-25-2023, 05:16 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I can't even begin to respond to so much ignorance in one single post. Maybe someone else has the stomach for it.
Then why don't you create threads that make this forum better? You clearly have an agenda and can easily tell you're one sided far right person that can't fathom different opinions. I'm conservative myself and people like you are ruining the party giving liberals a reason to hate us even more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies