Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2023, 07:42 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,887 times

Advertisements

Tucker Carlson is a liar. Whether he lied in the texts exposed in the Dominion case (where he said he can't stand Trump, said Sidney Powell was full of it, and indicated he did not believe Trump's stolen election claims), or he's lying to you, he is a liar.

Why do you still trust him? Do you not know about the texts? Do you think they're "all made up"?

Are you so desperate to have your biases confirmed that you'd rather be lied to and be comfortable than be told the truth and forced to re-evaluate a few things?

It's not a binary. You can be conservative without having to believe every single thing shoved down your throat. Don't you think it's weird that FNC and other conservative media just happens to always find a "source" (no matter now lacking in credibility) that confirms every hare-brained conspiracy theory out there? Critical thinking skills are lost.

Yes, I have plenty of criticisms of the left, too (how they handle the issue of transpeople in sports, etc, over the top cancel culture and wokeism) but that's a topic for another day.

Old 04-28-2023, 08:07 AM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Tucker Carlson is a liar. Whether he lied in the texts exposed in the Dominion case (where he said he can't stand Trump, said Sidney Powell was full of it, and indicated he did not believe Trump's stolen election claims), or he's lying to you, he is a liar.

Why do you still trust him? Do you not know about the texts? Do you think they're "all made up"?

Are you so desperate to have your biases confirmed that you'd rather be lied to and be comfortable than be told the truth and forced to re-evaluate a few things?

It's not a binary. You can be conservative without having to believe every single thing shoved down your throat. Don't you think it's weird that FNC and other conservative media just happens to always find a "source" (no matter now lacking in credibility) that confirms every hare-brained conspiracy theory out there? Critical thinking skills are lost.

Yes, I have plenty of criticisms of the left, too (how they handle the issue of transpeople in sports, etc, over the top cancel culture and wokeism) but that's a topic for another day.
Why are you guys so obsessed with Tucker?

It's literally a new version of TDS: Tucker Derangement Syndrome.

Old 04-28-2023, 08:16 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why are you guys so obsessed with Tucker?

It's literally a new version of TDS: Tucker Derangement Syndrome.
Notice you didn't answer the question.

A huge chunk of the voters of a major political party believe a lot of things that are completely false (yes, there is stuff that makes this true for both parties)...and it's people like Tucker and Trump who are largely responsible for it. So if I'm "obsessed" that's why.

Old 04-28-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:

A huge chunk of the voters of a major political party believe a lot of things that are completely false (yes, there is stuff that makes this true for both parties)...and it's people like Tucker and Trump who are largely responsible for it. So if I'm "obsessed" that's why.
Because your questions are dumb ... and a lot of your post was just plain false.

Tucker called Sidney Powell a liar on air, was not only critical of Trump but equally critical of Republicans and Democrats.

His long form interviews were far more interesting than anything he did in his nightly show - if I'm going to miss anything, it's probably that.

It's just so weird that you guys are obsessed with him - and you even admit you are.

There are tons of talking heads on other cable news stations that are lunatics and push some crazy things - but I don't watch them. And I don't care if other people do. And I surely don't start threads about them and ask people why they "support" them.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:03 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,954,435 times
Is Tucker perfect, nope. Not at all and he does push conspiracy theories at times since he knows this is popular among the right and it gets him views. That was part of his job at FOX get people to watch the show. But he also discussed and confronted topics everyone else just ignored and often cited real examples and facts to back up much of what he was saying. And this is why the left and even some on the established right hated him. A conspiracy nut you can simply laugh off but if you present rational thought out facts that threatens the powers that be you must be stopped.

No it's not that Tucker is perfect, or that we should believe everything he says. But here is the enormous, big kicker. He was the most trustworthy and perfect of our options on cable t.v. for news. Please point to somebody else, on any mainstream cable news channel that is more "honest" and "trustworthy" than Tucker. Give us some actual names and let the forum destroy them and point to the examples of the half truths and lies they have told.

Tucker is flawed but compared to our other options he is a the best out there. But I doubt you or anyone on the left would admit or even recognize that as the left voted in Joe Biden out of nothing more than pure HATE for Trump, regardless of the overall good State the Nation was in under Trump(before Covid).

Old 04-28-2023, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:

He does what his bosses tell him to do.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He does what his bosses tell him to do.
If he did, he'd probably still be on air.

Old 04-28-2023, 09:17 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Quote:

for him to answer the question, would be to alter reality to make the question sensible.

so I second, why are you so obsessed? he is not on the air AT ALL at present. Isnt that a win in your book?

we could as easily ask (and have) why you support biden so, given all the negative things he has done to YOU specifically....

tucker has no ability to affect your life...

Old 04-28-2023, 09:47 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,458,018 times
I watched his show occasionally. I thought he did very good in-depth reporting on events, much more so than other news people. I don't honestly care what his personal opinions were of anything, any more than I would care about the guy on the 6:00 news--it was his investigations that were interesting.

I did see last night that he didn't actually get fired so much as removed from broadcasting. His contract is good until December 2024, thus removing him from the entire election cycle. Unless he and his lawyer can get an exit plan to actually quit, then he can't be on any other show.

I wonder who thinks that he's that powerful that they are willing to pay him $40 million in wages to stay out of commenting on the election? Makes me wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies