Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 10:47 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Carlson will be forgotten like Bill O'Reilly. YouTube subs, and views are not the same as what they had on Fox News.
Thats what Pfizer, Moderna, the idiots on The View, the pentagon, team Biden and bunch of congress criminals are hoping.
You really should keep better company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2023, 10:49 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Is up to 77 million views....
I wonder how many are from Russian bots. They are a big part of his fan base.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:52 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wonder how many are from Russian bots. They are a big part of his fan base.
Its hard to believe there are still people falling for the “Russian bots” hoax in 2023, but here we are

Old 04-29-2023, 10:56 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
So you don't want truth.

There is no truth in politics... That's why the quote you all like to paste from the Fox Lawyers is so irrelevant. The same argument was made by Rachel Maddow in a case against her. There are facts and events that go into forming opinions, sure, but political discourse is about ideology and hypotheticals and suggestion. "how things should be" is not one truth, it's an idea, a philosophy.

Tucker makes a living discussing political opinions. It's entertainment, and he is good at it. I don't agree with him, but he does usually make me think and come to a philosophy I DO agree with. Like debating here does, sometimes.... if we're lucky.

Old 04-29-2023, 10:58 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its hard to believe there are still people falling for the “Russian bots” hoax in 2023, but here we are
You better believe it. He is their guy. They worship him in Russia. Now they want him to run for US President.

https://youtu.be/tbqB44YJCPU

Old 04-29-2023, 10:59 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
No, when it comes right down to it, "T&A" will always be more impactful than anything the Tuckster or anyone else is doing or saying. The Internet, not to mention biological drives, bears that out.
Impactful means that it affects you. That it makes an impact. Impactful ~= popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I watched one day, prob visiting someone who has cable, and it was a subject I knew a lot about. He take his guest, ask a question, and cut him off as soon as got what he wanted, before the guy could further explain the whole thing. He manipulated that conversation and then reiterated his version saying the guest, some one from that field, specifically verified his thoughts on the matter.
If you had any sort of discernment, you can see what’s being shoved in between the lines. No thanks. They often only put guests with the same thought pattern. Just an echo chamber. Almost like listening to a broken record…
1) I really hate the word discernment. People started using it a few years back to replace the word judge/judgement(because those are bad words now). My RL friend uses it all the time and it annoys me.

2) I know exactly who Tucker Carlson is. I know who they all are. Where are these angels in the media that never lie? They don't exist.

Even with all his faults, Tucker Carlson is the most important person in all of media by far. Not because everything he is says is true, but because he says true things that no one else will.

I would much rather a world with a Tucker Carlson who raises issues even when he is later proven wrong, than a world without Tucker Carlson where people are too scared to say anything. In the former, the truth still comes out. In the latter, truth is never heard.

PS: My problem with Tucker is that he sometimes makes claims without sufficient evidence and he fearmongers constantly. I haven't noticed him cutting his guests off all that much, but I'm sure he does.

As someone who has debated a lot of people in my life. The root of the problem is the desire to win. People will say almost anything to avoid losing an argument and admitting they're wrong. Especially when their reputation is on the line.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-29-2023 at 11:49 AM..

Old 04-29-2023, 11:04 AM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
Tucky will find a cushy job at Newsmax or start his own propaganda network. Or maybe even run for president.

Old 04-29-2023, 01:51 PM

21,910 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Carlson will be forgotten like Bill O'Reilly. YouTube subs, and views are not the same as what they had on Fox News.
LOL. HOw much do you want to bet?

Old 05-01-2023, 07:39 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Tucker's story will eventually be the biggest by far of 2023.

We've heard very little from him about it thus far because he is navigating a formidable legal minefield and must do so with utmost caution and meticulous careful planning. It may well be weeks or even months before it unfolds, but when it does it could have a larger impact on the future of American freedom than even anything Trump has done since 2015.

Tucker is way too intelligent, way too influential, with too much love for his country to go away quietly. Expect big things to come. Big things this badly ailing nation desperately needs today if it is to survive.

That's right....IF. Over 40 years ago we donned PC straitjackets and went fast asleep in hibernation. Freedom disappears quickly as a result, illustrated by where we are today and as history has proven so many times before.

Old 05-02-2023, 01:28 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

I find it astonishing that, here in 2023, there are people who refuse to acknowledge the existence of malicious actors--- such as the Russian government bot operation among many others --- who continue to spread false information and divisive political content on Twitter, Facebook, print & other platforms large & small.

Their efforts rely in no small part on the participation of celebrity & everyday people. Social-media users need to be aware of their role in information laundering. If a user retweets, emails, posts or broadcasts information taken from a less-than-credible point of origin, they now have become the new ‘source’ of that information for friends, family, and followers. This is how false, destructive & dangerous information really spreads.

Indeed, tragically, this is where we are in 2023.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies