Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 11:28 PM

7,675 posts, read 4,663,061 times

Advertisements

I mean, it gets a bit tiring. For all the hand wringing, memories are a bit short here in remembering the controversy of late great Reagan. I seem to recall a joke about needing fire our nukes and RR forgetting where he put them.

Doesn't make Biden's situation any better.

Personally, I think our best choice would be to get the wax museum to craft an Ike sculpture, Boston Scientific can get some motors and we'll embed the latest CHAT GPT version in it and give him updates each quarter.

Old 05-05-2023, 12:13 AM

29,233 posts, read 22,498,737 times
77.28% is the AVERAGE life expectency of U.S. males.
That means 50% of our men will die younger than age 77, and the other 50% will live longer than 77.

There are common die-off points on either side of this average.
If a man lives past 45, he's likely to live to age 65. If he survives past 65, he's likely to live 20 more years, more or less. Once in his 70s, that 20-year span shortens to 15 years. None of this is specific to one particular year of life.

Since both Biden and Trump's health have been examined repeatedly and in depth, and both are on either side of 77, and given both have long-life genetics, it's silly to believe Biden will suddenly drop dead of old age in 4 years. And Trump is no more likely to drop dead either.

Both are still mentally and physically quite well off when it comes to their age. Either of them is doing a lot better than the typical middle-class man of this age bracket.

One thing both share is the ability to perform under great mental pressure, even though their temperaments nd personalities are much different. Trump functions at his best in a pressure cooker that is blowing off steam, while Biden has learned how to keep the temperature down in his pressure cooker.

Just a year ago, when Covid was at its worst, I was sure one of them would succumb to something and tip over. Neither ever did, but both caught Covid at least once. And both stayed functional when they were ill.

I'm now 78, soon to be 79. I have outlived my father and his father; both died at age 69. At 79, I'm only 2 years away from my other grandfather's death at age 82, and he was the longest-lived man on that side of my family.
They all smoked, as did I. They all had heart attacks in their 60s, but not me. None of them had any dementia at all.

Both of my grandfathers married women who died in their mid-90s. One grandmother lived to 97, the other to 95.
My mother died at age 93. All were demented to some degree when they died. And on my maternal side, my oldest aunt lived to 102 and never had any dementia.
All of them passed away in the 20th century except for my mother. They all died before our modern medicine came to be.

I think about my death often now that I'm a Covid long-hauler. It's left me semi-disabled and in need of O2, but the disability varies; I do well for months, and then poorly for months physically. The oxygen has helped my mental acuity more than my body's health condition. I now recall names, places, and moments and other stuff that were far beyond recall 30 years ago.

Since the Presidency is basically a mental job, not very physical, I'm completely sure either Biden or Trump will live through another term and come out older, a bit more frail, but just fine overall at the end of their term.

The Presidency seems to attract men who thrive under pressure. Lyndon Johnson suffered 4 heart attacks as a Senator, and smoked up to 10 packs a day, and loved his whiskey. The office kept him alive. Once out for good, he only lived 4 more years and died at age 64.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies