Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2023, 04:04 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,861,094 times

Advertisements

Schraderbrau!

Hell yeah it's a real beer!

Old 05-31-2023, 04:13 PM

10,039 posts, read 5,749,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Doesn't anyone here drink craft beer? I thought every city/region had lots of craft breweries now?
A lot of them have been quietly bought up by the big guys, AB-InBev in particular. Goose Island, Kona, Breckenridge, Red Hook, Wynwood, just to name a few, are now part of the AB-InBev portfolio.

Old 05-31-2023, 04:24 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,296,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Where is there "activism?" I only saw a poorly thought out marketing idea. They made one can with Dylan's face, sent it to Dylan, and asked Dylan to promote, which resulted in the now infamous 45 second video. It really shouldn't have been seen by anyone not following Dylan on TikTok. It would never have been seen by others had the outrage machine not gotten ahold of it. I don't know how you can call it "activism" by any stretch,
It's not about this one incident and people are more upset with the way it was handled.

"Bud Light's partnership with Mulvaney formed part of a larger initiative by the beer brand to "evolve" its marketing strategy. " - Alissa Heinerscheid, vice president of marketing for Bud Light

Old 05-31-2023, 05:03 PM

10,069 posts, read 15,747,266 times
Quote:
It's not about this one incident and people are more upset with the way it was handled.

"Bud Light's partnership with Mulvaney formed part of a larger initiative by the beer brand to "evolve" its marketing strategy. " - Alissa Heinerscheid, vice president of marketing for Bud Light
That woman did more damage to the brand than Dylan Mulvany.

Old 05-31-2023, 05:50 PM

17,504 posts, read 9,325,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
OK so Miller is a safe bet that won't be giving money to WOKE Anheiser-Busch now called InBev. I just checked, Coors is owned by them, too.

This means A-B InBev owns:

- Stella Artois
- Beck's
- Coors
- Corona
- (I think they have a controlling steak in Modelo)
- Michelob
- Labatt

Which other ones?

I once bought friends Dos Equis over Models or Corona because Bud Light and Target are now not to be patronized, by most people..... let's keep up the pressure.. Target too...

Maybe Peroni?
Add Modelo to that list - take Coors off the list.

Quote:
So Coors is safe
Miller is safe
Heineken
Any others?
Check out New Belgium - long time craft beer that went National decades ago.
Fat Tire is their #1 seller. - for those that like a Belgium Style (like Stella) - try the NB Tripel. ( yummy)

Quote:
Heineken is a safe bet too?
Yes

Quote:
Doesn't anyone here drink craft beer? I thought every city/region had lots of craft breweries now?
Real Ale Brewing Co - Texas (Devils Back Bone is our favorite) available in 12 pack cans
New Belgium (Colorado)is pretty wide spread and we are real fans of most of what Schafly (St Louis Craft) makes.

Wish we could get it in Texas — we gave up anything other than Craft beer many decades ago.
We do have a couple of “emergency “ traveling brands. Dos XX Dark is one, Stella used to be one (no longer).

I’ve never understood why Left Wingers INSIST on Doubling Down when they are in a deep Hole.
Just this Week …..

Bud Light donates $200,000 to LGBTQ group to support 'minority business owners' in the wake of Dylan Mulvaney fiasco that has shaved $26 BILLION off parent-company Anheuser-Busch's market value.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:07 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,296,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess sales being down 30% isn't enough and they want to see them down 50%. If they have $200k to spend on such things then they don't need the consumer's money. Why should they be promoting one group over another. That in itself is discriminatory.

People are sick and tired of corporations involving themselves in social issues. Beer makers need to focus solely on making beer. It's not the place of corporations to effect social change.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:19 PM

17,504 posts, read 9,325,181 times
Quote:
I guess sales being down 30% isn't enough and they want to see them down 50%. If they have $200k to spend on such things then they don't need the consumer's money. Why should they be promoting one group over another. That in itself is discriminatory.

People are sick and tired of corporations involving themselves in social issues. Beer makers need to focus solely on making beer. It's not the place of corporations to effect social change.

Truer words for sure. What kind of crazy is it to deliberately offend your Customer Base?
One thing is for sure BUD INC is NOT the only beer in town.

Perhaps Beer drinkers across America can widen their horizons.
Once they do…. They will never go back to weak Tranny Beer.

Old 05-31-2023, 06:48 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,760,311 times
If you serial boycotters are serious, why don't you just stop drinking beer?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:11 PM

10,069 posts, read 15,747,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
If you serial boycotters are serious, why don't you just stop drinking beer?
Because one brand suicided themselves?

Old 05-31-2023, 07:21 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,069,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Just switch to rainwater and grain alcohol, it even helps to preserve your Purity of Essence.

exactly, Dr Strangelove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies