Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 11:06 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Do any of you realize that Little Lori actually excelled at Michigan and Chicago law? That's not a light-weight record. However, folks here want to snipe outside the edges.

Did you notice that no one claimed she was unqualified, not even the biased medium which mentioned her new position? So all that is left is really inappropriate criticisms of her in the new position.
It should be assumed that she’s probably pretty smart, because God would never make someone that ugly and stupid too.

But being smart is no guarantee of possessing wisdom. And she’s presented no evidence of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 11:21 AM

31,065 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Do any of you realize that Little Lori actually excelled at Michigan and Chicago law? That's not a light-weight record. However, folks here want to snipe outside the edges.

Did you notice that no one claimed she was unqualified, not even the biased medium which mentioned her new position? So all that is left is really inappropriate criticisms of her in the new position.
So, they gave her a degree. Apparently they will give anyone a degree, if they gave an idiot like that one

Old 06-02-2023, 11:31 AM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
The course she will offer at Harvard is called "How to &^%$ up a city in four years"

Old 06-02-2023, 11:36 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I love when righties get triggered over the most ridiculous things.
No one is triggered, we’re commenting on the obvious.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:39 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:

The University of Chicago's law school graduates around 200 students every year. Obviously the vast majority of them won't land professor jobs at Ivy League schools. Lightfoot was a one-and-done mayor of a large U.S. city. Has that ever happened before? It seems that big-city mayors usually stick around for a while. She invented a new kind of failure.

Old 06-02-2023, 11:46 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,315,466 times
Quote:
So what's a more appropriate topic of conversation, then? According to the Great Uconn97?

Old 06-02-2023, 12:08 PM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Harvard seems to be hell-bent on destroying the good reputation they enjoyed for decades. Or perhaps, they're just not as adept at hiding their mediocrity. After all, the worst President in history (Obama) attended Harvard law school.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I totally understand graduate-level education and nothing you have said proves that education guarantees skills.
Agreed.
The company I work for actively encourages (and pays for) employees to obtain post-graduate degrees, so I work with quite a few people with Master's degrees, as well as a fair number with PhDs. And these are real advanced degrees (engineering), not crap like an MFA. I can say with certainty - and the vast majority of my colleagues (even those with advanced degrees) agree that there is no discernable difference in performance between people with undergrad degrees and those with post-grad degrees. I'm not saying this is the case in all industries, but advanced degrees bring nothing to the table in mine. In fact, we refer to people with advanced degrees as "paper chasers".

Old 06-02-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
So, you don't think that a world-renowned, prestigious university hiring a complete and utter failure of human being to teach people isn't a valid topic for discussion? It's Harvard, not the University of Connecticut or south Bumbleturd Community College.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:28 PM

43,122 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Is that the current left "meme" response now ?

I've seen this in quite a number of threads lately.
Can't defend this so .....whip out the "meme response".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies