Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 05:26 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Zero sympathies from me, you get what you voted for.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/real...kbarhover&ei=5

Quote:
Locals told the San Francisco Chronicle that Harrison Street had been "taken over" by encampments for the past three years and was in "terrible shape." Neighbors described being threatened with violence as they passed by encampments. They revealed they were forced to take action because they didn't have help from the city.

"We’re a growing group of 50+ neighbors who want to make our street more beautiful…But the city won't do it for us, so we are taking the lead and doing it ourselves," the neighbors said on their GoFundMe page. They said the 1400-lb. planters were suggested by District Supervisor Hillary Ronen's office because they were "too heavy to move and they compliment the streetscape."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 05:46 AM

177 posts, read 134,195 times
I bet once they get the planters installed, some one will sue to get them removed. I think there are laws about having big, unmovable objects right off the roadway...

Old 06-19-2023, 05:58 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,052,348 times
I live in the metro Seattle area, so I know how delusional liberals can, even when faced with the reality of all their failed social experiments. Sadly, knowing this, they will still vote the same way no matter what. I had dinner with my daughters yesterday and knowing what they know, there would vote for Biden over Trump, if it comes to that. Well, I got a little over a year to work on them.

As for San Francisco and Portland, OR, they are truly lost causes and even sadder, most of use will not be alive when these two once great cities finally make a turnaround and focus on rebuilding.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:07 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripicana View Post
I bet once they get the planters installed, some one will sue to get them removed. I think there are laws about having big, unmovable objects right off the roadway...

That is what I was thinking. There is probably some statute about blocking the city sidewalks.

Talk about stress. You have drug addled street people camped out in front of your house. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain and they know your routine. Imagine every time you leave your home to go to work you worry about when you come home you will find your house broken into and ransacked and the homeless guy out front is wearing your pajamas!

Our Elected are failing us across this country from the Border to Main street and the sidewalk in front of our house. We all need to remember this come Election day and Vote for change because the status quo is not working.

Old 06-19-2023, 07:24 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I was hoping the article would have a mock-up of what they're thinking of doing. Basically, block all the sidewalks? Where will the pedestrians go?

Old 06-19-2023, 07:36 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I was hoping the article would have a mock-up of what they're thinking of doing. Basically, block all the sidewalks? Where will the pedestrians go?
Pedestrians?

Would you walk down the equivalent of the hall of a maximum security prison?

Old 06-19-2023, 08:09 AM

184 posts, read 85,628 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Pedestrians?

Would you walk down the equivalent of the hall of a maximum security prison?
Someone should go down there, and make a video. Then come here and post it, providing they're still above ground.

Old 06-19-2023, 10:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
The planters take up enough space to prevent encampments on the sidewalk, but leave enough space for pedestrians.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch...X2SanFrancisco

In the start of the video, does it look like the guy sitting down is smoking something ?

Old 06-19-2023, 11:15 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
There is no end to the depths of liberal stupidity.

I'm sure this "plan" is not going to be approved by SF's zoning chief -- and Obama favorite -- Sum Yung Boi.

But yes, the residents of SF deserve whatever is coming their way. You cannot fix stupid, but you can get it to vote Democrat.

Old 06-19-2023, 11:22 AM

7,906 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
So what do you and tinytrump suggest in order to "control" the price or value of private property?
Marxism of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies