Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2023, 04:48 PM

72 posts, read 59,262 times

Advertisements

I believe Reagan had dementia and Biden does too. For those who believe this and are old enough to have a memory of the Reagan presidency what are there similarities, differences and what stage would you say both men functioned at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2023, 04:56 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post
I believe Reagan had dementia and Biden does too. For those who believe this and are old enough to have a memory of the Reagan presidency what are there similarities, differences and what stage would you say both men functioned at?

I was an infant when Reagan was president, so I can't compare. But I don't doubt it when people say his dementia was kicking in while serving out his term as president. It happens (obviously). And elderly people can go downhill rapidly in the course of 4 years. Presidents are usually up there in their years, when dementia typically begins. This is life folks. Deal with it.

In Biden's case, the keys should have been taken away long ago. This is nothing but an act of deception upon the public, perhaps to gauge how much they will actually go along with. Or to test how stupid the public actually is. They literally featured a campaign ad with him driving a sports car around his property, to show how "with it" he is. And people voted for that. If this was a test, than the American public gets a big fat F.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:57 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I was in jr. high when Reagan was elected to his second term and I noticed then at the last year of his 2nd term, he beginned to have dementia. I got the feeling then Biden's dementia is more advanced.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:12 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
Reagan had Alzheimers disease and his wife, Nancy, used to have to tell him what to say or maybe she did the talking. He definitely had Alzheimers and even announced it to the American people in a letter. Alzheimers usually kills in about ten years.

I don't know what Biden has except the childhood speech impediment lingers on and always will. He does say the wrong things at times so maybe he's losing his memory too. I don't know if that qualifies as dementia. I don't know if he is getting Alzheimers either.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:15 PM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Didn't notice. We didn't care, like most of the country at the time we thought "Uncle Ronnie" was the bomb. I was young but most of us were ok with Reagan conservatism, we were doing well. Now looking back I'm not so rosy on him but darn, he took forty nine states in '84.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:16 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
RR was another let down.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:59 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Reagan had Alzheimers disease and his wife, Nancy, used to have to tell him what to say or maybe she did the talking. He definitely had Alzheimers and even announced it to the American people in a letter. Alzheimers usually kills in about ten years.

I don't know what Biden has except the childhood speech impediment lingers on and always will. He does say the wrong things at times so maybe he's losing his memory too. I don't know if that qualifies as dementia. I don't know if he is getting Alzheimers either.
The whole Reagan had Alzheimer's while in office is something that was made up by angry leftists. Joe Biden appears to be in severe cognitive decline.

Old 06-21-2023, 05:59 PM

18,088 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post
Reagan was further along in his decline than many realized. During the first debate with Mondale in 1984, Reagan lost the plot, and it was bad enough that all future debates were canceled, along with any impromptu interviews. Nancy and a core group of closest staff to Reagan worked hard to hide Reagan's decline, to the extent they could. Reagan wasn't running anything by that point--he was made to fit an image that people had of him, but it was Nancy running the oval, along with the core few who knew how bad Reagan was. Most people think his Alzheimer's started years later, but that wasn't true. He was well on his way by the end of his first term. It was a lot easier to hide things back then, as there was no Internet, no social media, and no citizen journalists and blogs.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:09 PM

19,792 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Reagan was further along in his decline than many realized. During the first debate with Mondale in 1984, Reagan lost the plot, and it was bad enough that all future debates were canceled, along with any impromptu interviews. Nancy and a core group of closest staff to Reagan worked hard to hide Reagan's decline, to the extent they could. Reagan wasn't running anything by that point--he was made to fit an image that people had of him, but it was Nancy running the oval, along with the core few who knew how bad Reagan was. Most people think his Alzheimer's started years later, but that wasn't true. He was well on his way by the end of his first term. It was a lot easier to hide things back then, as there was no Internet, no social media, and no citizen journalists and blogs.
Good grief no.

Old 06-21-2023, 06:12 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
I vaguely remember President Reagan, and don't remember anyone really suspecting anything prior to the announcement that he did have it.

Biden? I'm thinking more like Parkinson's with dementia, and it has been noticeable during his entire presidency, from the deer in the headlights look in his eyes, when he can keep them open, to the meandering thoughts he inappropriately speaks, to the falls, the stiffness in his steps, to his inability to address the press except on rare occasions, to his not debating for the primary, no caucuses in Iowa and the NH primaries, and this is just off the top of my head.

FYI: We live where people are older, and also, Parkinson's is present in my husband's family like a plague!

A quick google about Parkinson's and Biden: (This was written when Biden was VP, so.............)

https://joebidenissick.com/ReportV1_simplified.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies