Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 04:51 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times

Advertisements

This is a no brainer. Traitors should not be allowed to run for president. If you violated your oath to the Constitution once, you’ll do it again. I hope this happens in time for the GOP to nominate a non traitor candidate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...amendment/amp/

Old 07-07-2023, 04:58 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 12 days ago)

35,640 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Looks like the 14th Amendment covers this, to me.

"Section 3. No person shall be a senator, or representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House remove such disability".

Old 07-07-2023, 05:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is a no brainer. Traitors should not be allowed to run for president. If you violated your oath to the Constitution once, you’ll do it again. I hope this happens in time for the GOP to nominate a non traitor candidate.

Does that include the ones that sold us out to China and our military in endless wars? That would eliminate the whole Democrat party and GOP establishment.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Looks like the 14th Amendment covers this, to me.

"Section 3. No person shall be a senator, or representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House remove such disability".
Pretty much. It probably also disqualifies some current representatives and Senators. We should learn from our past and insist that only those who are loyal to the nation are fit to serve in elected office.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:04 PM

13,480 posts, read 4,304,071 times
Quote:
Pretty much. It probably also disqualifies some current representatives and Senators. We should learn from our past and insist that only those who are loyal to the nation are fit to serve in elected office.

"loyal" to the nation or their donors? You are too late for this since Vietnam.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Does that include the ones that sold us out to China. That would eliminate the whole Democrat party.
If you can find evidence that anyone in congress, Democrat or Republican, has been working with China to undermine our Constitution - absolutely! Kick them out of office now. Unfit to serve. If you’re just making s—- up though and throwing out wild conjectures about people you don’t agree with, no, sorry - the 14th Amendment doesn’t allow you to throw them out.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:06 PM

29,836 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Does the constitution ban pedophiles from running for election? If not, it should. And if you don't agree, than shame on you.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Does the constitution ban pedophiles from running for election? If not, it should. And if you don't agree, than shame on you.
I don’t think it does, but yeah … I absolutely 100 percent don’t want any pedophiles anywhere near public office regardless of party.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:09 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:

Give me a break!

There is only one candidate who:

1. took money from foreign buisnesses
2. extorted money from foreign governments
3. colluded with our chief enemy and follows their will
4. obstructed justice with the FBI and DOJ
5. Illegally used the DOJ and FBI to attack US citizens

Biden is a TRAITOR.

Old 07-07-2023, 05:09 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,716,683 times
Quote:

Perhaps I missed it, when was Trump found guilty of an Insurrection?

Oh, that's right, this is just another "Guilty until Proven Innocent" TDS story. These activists are absolutely gems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.