Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 03:51 PM

29,933 posts, read 25,051,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Someone isn't being truthful about the matter, and most likely it's the one who made the wild claim on Twitter and then deleted their posts about it.

"The walls are closing in"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2023, 03:51 PM

24,239 posts, read 12,880,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
It’s an attempt to spread the messaging of groups like Turning Point globally.

This insidious creep of far right ideology into other Western countries is a cancer.

We don’t want that disgusting, divisive brand of politics here.
Yeah okay, you prefer the "insidious creep" of the far-left ideology and their "disgusting, divisive brand of politics here". Well, we already knew that.

Old 07-13-2023, 03:54 PM

24,239 posts, read 12,880,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
"The walls are closing in"...
Lol, yep. Things are not looking too rosy for the left these days, they have to deflect wherever and with whatever they can.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,886 posts, read 18,195,824 times
I've spent way too much time trying to figure out the venues where they were going to hold the speeches - it's not easy.

I did find the one Finster is referring to, in Sydney, The Aware Super Theater, 9000 capacity.

There sure is push back against Trump and his bunch coming to speak there.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:17 PM

26,098 posts, read 22,290,891 times
That caught me off guard, as I watch their news on youtube, and they constantly make fun of the video clips of Biden being the veggie that he is.

Who really cares about anything Australian though? I wish all countries would just stay out of the business of the other. All countries have their own issues, and one official saying anything, so what?

Old 07-13-2023, 04:18 PM

38,653 posts, read 26,462,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm going to utilize the same strategy the left uses frequently here when they interject with "but Trump"...

Biden's son is a crackhead. Compared to him, Trump's sons are fricken Einsteins. What they are doing for money seems much more honest, wholesome and decent than whatever Hunter has been doing for the past decade (at least).

Gotta stick to the subject Andy...a far left loon in Australia says DJT Jr is a "big baby."

But O’Neil, one of the highest-ranking ministers in the center-left Labor government led by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, said Trump had been granted a visa, and poor ticket sales were the reason he called off his visit.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...al_taboolafeed

Not sure how I'll deal with the new situation.

You wake up expecting to have a normal inconsequential day, and then POW!, Clare O’Neil, one of the highest-ranking ministers in the center-left Labor government led by Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, says you're a "big baby."

I just hope DJT Jr can find a way to go on.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:20 PM

13,670 posts, read 10,049,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That caught me off guard, as I watch their news on youtube, and they constantly make fun of the video clips of Biden being the veggie that he is.

Who really cares about anything Australian though? I wish all countries would just stay out of the business of the other. All countries have their own issues, and one official saying anything, so what?
I care. And I so does Don jr apparently.

They care enough to try and bring their political bs over here and spread it around.

They can bugger off.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:23 PM

46,382 posts, read 27,250,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Apparently when he cancelled his speaking tour in Australia, DT Jr. cited problems with obtaining a visa, which is not true. The truth is, tickets weren't selling.

But really. Why did he think Aussies would want to pay to hear the son of a US Presidential candidate speak? How could you possibly think you could drum up interest in that?

But you don't have to lie about the reason for cancelling.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...al_taboolafeed
To the bold only, prove it.

Not sure how YOU or ANYONE else can make that determination?

Old 07-13-2023, 04:24 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 2 days ago)

35,886 posts, read 18,195,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To the bold only, prove it.

Not sure how YOU or ANYONE else can make that determination?
What do you mean, "prove it"? That's what he's saying.

That's the whole reason he's giving for cancelling the tour. That the Visa wasn't issued in a timely manner.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:28 PM

13,670 posts, read 10,049,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yeah okay, you prefer the "insidious creep" of the far-left ideology and their "disgusting, divisive brand of politics here". Well, we already knew that.
Australia is outright off the ledge to the left compared to the US. Always has been.

The government in power at the moment is pretty centre.

We are as a society, pretty egalitarian, not particularly religious, believe in a social safety system (although that’s been eroded pretty substantially over the last 20 years), have an open mind wrt to LGBTQ+ citizens, and most importantly - we don’t hate each other for having different political views.

Yet.

We DO NOT WANT the US brand of divisive nasty poo slinging political rhetoric here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies