Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 10:53 PM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Nancy Pelosi broke the law changing the rules days before the election. Pence did not do the righteous thing. He supported the illegal actions of Nancy Pelosi.
Such a delusional comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2023, 10:57 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Pence is a self-righteous self-absorbed backstabbing human being.

Incredibly ironic given you voted for the guy at the top of the ticket who treats loyalty as pretty much a one way street.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:05 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Yes, strong is the irony in this one, young Padawan.

This is either DJT's narcissistic filters at work, or pure projection. Probably a bit of both. Nut jobber.

Old 08-29-2023, 10:25 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've only read the first few pages of the thread so far, but the mental gymnastics that some Trump supporters put themselves though to give Trump a pass are already amazing.
As I scanned through the more recent posts in this thread, I quickly started feeling the same way. It's more than a little concerning to know that many Trump supporters think this way, for the reasons they do, and that there are so many. Fortunately, not enough to ensure Trump gets another term as POTUS but enough to make that very alarming possibility a reality. Please no.

Meanwhile, it's also simple to see how simple minded so many of these comments truly are, and I can only guess what kind of people feel somehow inspired to post the likes. Utterly insulting in the most childish of ways. An insult to just about everyone's intelligence, but clearly they have no idea as this thread and forum are littered with the same old ridiculous nonsense.

Old 08-29-2023, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Likelihood of winning shouldn't be anyone's primary concern.

Making the most moral choice (in and of itself, regardless of effect) should be one's primary concern.

Additionally, any individual vote/vote considered individually is only going to make a material difference if the voter lives in a swing state.
I hear you, but I would still argue that voting for any person who has no chance of winning is the wrong thing to do. I will always vote for the person who seems to be pointing in the better direction compared to the other choices AND who has a chance to win office. That IS the most moral choice far as I'm concerned, though it's hard to vote for anyone these days and feel altogether moral about it...

Old 08-29-2023, 11:22 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Well, I would consider Pence pretty much a mainstream Republican and all that
entails, so maybe Trump is on to something!

Old 08-30-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, I would consider Pence pretty much a mainstream Republican and all that
entails, so maybe Trump is on to something!
What Trump is onto is this...

Just about everyone is tired and not all that satisfied with the status quo. So you poke away at the foundations of the established organizations most Americans rely upon to uphold the law and democracy itself. Fan just about every conspiracy theory possible. Like the "deep state" and "rigged elections." No matter the facts. Also of course belittle in childish insulting ways everything and everyone who is a Democrat or Republican not enamored with Trump regardless what he says or does. Inspire all the nut bags who seem just as willing to overthrow everything in favor of what? I don't know, but a King Trump will never be. It's fanning the flames of discontent that Trump is onto and in a big way. No matter where the flames may go.

"Something indeed!" Something only Trump supporters are still swallowing "hook, line and sinker."

Old 08-30-2023, 11:23 AM

10,872 posts, read 4,546,402 times
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies