Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 12:01 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,723,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Morris Brown College in Atlanta has brought back their mask mandates in spite there still not being any evidence showing that they prevent the spread of Covid. They say it will just be for two weeks. Lol

Rutgers also has a mask mandate and a vaccine mandate.

A Major movie studio, Lionsgate has also brought back the mask mandate for employees.
You missed the rest...

In addition to that they are instituting Contact Tracing, physical distancing, and requiring everyone to do a temperature check upon arrival back on campus.

They are also banning any large parties or gatherings for the next two weeks on campus. I wonder if that will include any sporting events or fundraisers that they might hold?

Their hashtag on their homepage is #TheHardReset. So is this any surprise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2023, 12:05 PM

17,704 posts, read 6,958,148 times
Default Atlanta College Morris Brown Implements Mask Mandate and Social Distancing Measures [August 2023]

Quote:
Morris Brown College has reintroduced a mask mandate for both students and staff while on campus, just a week after the commencement of classes.

The Atlanta-based private institution conveyed this new mask mandate through an official communication on Sunday, addressed to faculty, staff, and students. As part of a comprehensive set of COVID-19 safety measures, including the mask requirement, these protocols will remain in effect for a span of two weeks. The rationale for this decision is attributed to “reports of positive cases among students in the Atlanta University Center” as stated in the communication.
Link: https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...oogle_vignette

The liberals just can't give up COVID insanity.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:08 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,774,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
You missed the rest...

In addition to that they are instituting Contact Tracing, physical distancing, and requiring everyone to do a temperature check upon arrival back on campus.

They are also banning any large parties or gatherings for the next two weeks on campus. I wonder if that will include any sporting events or fundraisers that they might hold?

So ridiculous. Some people learned absolutely nothing from covid.

Here we go again.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:09 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
You missed the rest...

Because its never “just a mask”

Old 08-22-2023, 12:10 PM

19,838 posts, read 9,407,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://thepostmillennial.com/breaki...oogle_vignette

The liberals just can't give up COVID insanity.
The sad thing is that it was not ONLY liberals who gave in to the government-induced and media-fueled hysteria -- although I do think, based on what I read on City Data -- that more liberals than conservatives were deluded into believing the lies.

I can't wait to see how many people will fall for the propaganda again IF the number of reported cases increase.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:16 PM

24,539 posts, read 17,284,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The sad thing is that it was not ONLY liberals who gave in to the insanity -- although I do think, based on what I read on City Data -- that more liberals than conservatives were deluded into believing the lies.

I can't wait to see how many people will fall for the propaganda again IF the number of reported cases increase.

The cases of course will go up as Summer closes and more people return to being in close proximity to others for extended times.

Wash you hands, don't touch your face and don't sneeze or cough into the air and those precautions will go further than any vaccine will in protecting you from Covid.

I'm sure that there are many that will fall for the propaganda but it is going to take more than Covid19 to lock us all down again. That is a scary proposition because it translates to the Dems needing something BIG to swing the Election of 2024...

Old 08-22-2023, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Because its never “just a mask”
They have a new vaccine to sell. masks helped sell the first vaccine. Why not do it again. Drive up the fear and then promise people they can remove their masks once they get vaccinated.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:19 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,265,203 times
What the heck is "two weeks" supposed to do when it comes to a virus?

Old 08-22-2023, 12:20 PM

15,877 posts, read 6,577,232 times
We're getting close to Flu season, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Covid-19 season as well. Hopefully the college can minimize the outbreak.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
We're getting close to Flu season, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Covid-19 season as well. Hopefully the college can minimize the outbreak.
Covid peaks every six months or so. This has been a pattern that has been apparent for quite some time. For most people covid is cold like or flu like. Also masks don’t work and neither do the vaccines so I see nothing that will prevent the inevitable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies