Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 07:42 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,672,289 times

Advertisements

"Oooh boy, they're all gonna roll over on him!"

Roll over on him HOW? "Why yes your honor, it's true -- the President really DID try to petition the courts and various government officials to re-examine the vote count process in a bid to find more votes in his favor!" *Insert collective gasp of shock from the jury box here*

I have to say, as conspiracies go, this was the worst-hidden conspiracy in the history of conspiracies, what with it most of it done on the public record and all.

Oh yeah, and heaping the blame on Trump hasn't done any of the J6 defendants any good. To the extent there's even any "blame" to heap in this case... well, good luck I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 08:14 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

Roll over on him HOW? "Why yes your honor, it's true -- the President really DID try to petition the courts and various government officials to re-examine the vote count process in a bid to find more votes in his favor!" *Insert collective gasp of shock from the jury box here*

I have to say, as conspiracies go, this was the worst-hidden conspiracy in the history of conspiracies, what with it most of it done on the public record and all.

Oh yeah, and heaping the blame on Trump hasn't done any of the J6 defendants any good. To the extent there's even any "blame" to heap in this case... well, good luck I guess.
Pretty disingenuous post.

You try to distract from the many crimes by focusing on the court cases, which he basically entirely lost.

Trump knew he lost the election well before any of the frivolous court cases, and he promoted a vicious lie about the election, which caused a multitude of his goons to lose faith in our election process. That is not in itself illegal, just immoral and unpatriotic.

Then he proceeded to hatch plots to overturn the election and steal the office. Most significant being the fake elector scheme. Trump got over 100 MAGA sycophants to lie on forged public documents in order to steal the votes in their states. The lies about the election helped Trump recruit his co-conspirators in this scheme.

The Fake elector scheme was the very first, being first hatched in early November. The attack on the capitol was devised later as a way of facilitating the fake elector scheme. The attackers were similarly influence by Trump's lies. He manipulated them. The violence and the deaths and suicides resulting from the attack were entirely in the service of Trump stealing the election.

Particularly shocking was Trump's attempt the subvert the US military, to get it to go into the states to seize voting machines, to disarm the DC National Guard just before January 6 and to turn on the US citizenry after successfully stealing the election, to gun down protestors if necessary to maintain his grip on the stolen office.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:21 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,078,565 times
Quite the title but why should anyone show him loyalty, he uses people then tosses them aside as we continually saw over his 4 year term onward. Who in their right mind would risk their freedom for him....

Old 09-05-2023, 08:42 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

It was all explained earlier in this thread. Go back and take a look and tell us how the scenario will play out differently.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:25 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Quite the title but why should anyone show him loyalty, he uses people then tosses them aside as we continually saw over his 4 year term onward. Who in their right mind would risk their freedom for him....
Yep. Witness the Proud Boys sobbing as they are led away to jail, facing a decade or longer prison terms for their loyalty to Trump. They know better than anyone that Trump used them and then discarded them when they were no longer useful to him. Trump could have pardoned all of the J6 defendants before he left office but he simply couldn't be bothered. They were no longer of any import to him. They can rot in prison and he's fine with that. They got the job done for him on J6. They have nothing left to give him, so he doesn't care what happens to them now.

I hope all of his co-defendants are taking note of this. Loyalty to this man will only come back to bite you in the ass.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Meadows saying on the stand that he was afraid of being yelled at by Trump ...
dang! ... a grown man, well educated ... afraid of Trump's temper!

Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
... Meadows is an attorney. He knows what kind of trouble he’s in, or should. If his request is denied to move his trial to a federal court, I think he’s going to roll over on Trump like an earth mover. ...
Meadows only hope to change to Federal court hinges upon his claim that what he did was in the line of duty as a Federal employee.

However, the things he is being charged with are not any part of his job description. In fact, they are forbidden to him in the Hatch Act. Thus he was not acting in his capacity of Chief of Staff, he was acting outside of the job as an associate of the campaign.

He will be compelled to tell the Truth under oath ... to me it is called being honest about what happened.

Some people here would rather that he lie to protect Trump, or barring that say nothing at all, or pretend to forget. Some people would think his loyalty to Trump outweighs any responsibility to tell the Truth under oath.

I don't think so. His loyalty to the people of the USA and his oath to uphold the constitution outweigh anything else. He owes the American people the Truth.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:49 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,069,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Interesting!

Meadows only hope to change to Federal court hinges upon his claim that what he did was in the line of duty as a Federal employee.

However, the things he is being charged with are not any part of his job description. In fact, they are forbidden to him in the Hatch Act. Thus he was not acting in his capacity of Chief of Staff, he was acting outside of the job as an associate of the campaign.

He will be compelled to tell the Truth under oath ... to me it is called being honest about what happened.

Some people here would rather that he lie to protect Trump, or barring that say nothing at all, or pretend to forget. Some people would think his loyalty to Trump outweighs any responsibility to tell the Truth under oath.

I don't think so. His loyalty to the people of the USA and his oath to uphold the constitution outweigh anything else. He owes the American people the Truth.
It's time for all of his co-defendants to come to this realization. I hope for their sakes they do before they end up with lengthy prison terms.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:50 AM

18,051 posts, read 15,645,534 times
Of course the co-defendants, if they're sane, will have to face some hard truths -- their orange hero doesn't care about them, he uses people, including each of them, and if they end up in prison, he won't care. Anyone who gets involved with the grifter in chief deserves what they get in return, since the warnings have been out there for years, even long before he ever rode an escalator in 2015.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:57 AM

37,179 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Interesting!

Meadows is either going to cop to the truth or do hard time. There’s no middle road.

Golly gee. I really, really hate that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies