Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Palestinians on Visas be sent home?
Yes - send home 77 59.69%
No - keep 46 35.66%
Unsure 6 4.65%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 03:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Risk is an aspect of living in a free nation. If we kicked out every demographic that was a potential risk, we wouldn't have anybody left. I get it, some demographics tend to carry far more risk than others, but it still comes down to the same thing. Western nations are free and open, and that exposes us to attack by evil people, from terrorists to criminals. All we can do is fight them after the fact.
Shades of Japanese internment camps in the U.S. during WWII. Because of course, everyone of Japanese descent was a terrorist.

I hope we've learned something since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2023, 03:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, there is no law against taking a side, and they will claim free speech rights. We had such crowd here in Florida too, - one pro-Israel crowd and one pro-Palatine crowd shouting each other down.
Palestinians showed a face that nobody had seen before. This is way past freedom fighters and a lot more like ISIS like behavior. Could I publicly advocate beheading and burning people alive a few years ago? Oh, in case you are wondering how the two came to behave exactly alike? They read the same playbook.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:50 PM

24,613 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Shades of Japanese internment camps in the U.S. during WWII. Because of course, everyone of Japanese descent was a terrorist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Risk is an aspect of living in a free nation. If we kicked out every demographic that was a potential risk, we wouldn't have anybody left. I get it, some demographics tend to carry far more risk than others, but it still comes down to the same thing. Western nations are free and open, and that exposes us to attack by evil people, from terrorists to criminals. All we can do is fight them after the fact.
So if you support Russia, its treason

But if you support Hamas, its freedom of speech.

Make it make sense.

That’s called “hypocrisy” and “double standard.”

Old 10-09-2023, 03:52 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,665,416 times
dumb poll.

like the US should have taken the Japanese in the US prisoners after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
So if you support Russia, its treason

But if you support Hamas, its freedom of speech.

Make it make sense.

That’s called “hypocrisy” and “double standard.”
I support neither Hamas nor Russia. But I also don't believe every Palestinian or Russian who happens to be in the U.S. right now is a terrorist, either. Just as it was true that every German in America during WWII wasn't a Nazi sympathizer.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:58 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Palestinians showed a face that nobody had seen before. This is way past freedom fighters and a lot more like ISIS like behavior.
Sure, I agree, but there is no law against taking a the Palestinian side. Are they demonstrating for the terrorists or Palestinians as a nation? The ones down here were for Palestinians as nation, not the terrorists.

Old 10-09-2023, 03:59 PM

6,796 posts, read 9,344,447 times
Sure, if we can also expel Rashida Talib!

Old 10-09-2023, 04:01 PM

25,957 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Its just a matter of time before an incident occurs. Should the US the ones on visas home?
Are you serious? With an open border, why harass those here under a visa? Anyone can enter the country for any reason without getting a visa. Hamas is not representative of all Palestinians, and let's face it, those people fight all the time, and it is not our fight, and for the Biden Administration, it is a much needed diversion from our own issues with the hoards of only God knows who coming through the open southern border.

I do not like judging all of any demographic by the actions of a few of the demographic.

Not our fight. Americans that don't realize that these people have been fighting forever, and both sides share responsibility, and choose to be present there, incur a risk.

Geesh, we have let people into our country that are a clear and present danger, and yet no one wanted to expel them!

Info on who Hamas is:

https://www.wionews.com/world/how-re...tinians-385908

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-67039975

Old 10-09-2023, 04:01 PM

34,033 posts, read 17,050,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Sure, if we can also expel Rashida Talib!
That would be awesome.

Old 10-09-2023, 04:18 PM

6,370 posts, read 2,703,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Kicking Non-Citizens out of a Country is similar to Japanese internment Camps....

There is a stretch to try and make a comparison, and then there is taking the rubber band to the maximum. If you think that these two things are remotely similar you've gone beyond that.

Now, I don't agree that we should unilaterally kick everyone out. However, I think that everyone needs to be fully investigated before it is decided if we should allow them to stay. Of course, I also think that should apply to anyone trying to enter this country regardless of where they are from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies