Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2023, 03:47 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times

Advertisements

I just spent the last three hours reading the history of Israel, and I would suggest those interested in finding the truth as to how this latest incursion came about, read the history entirely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel

Israel is not entirely to blame for "taking over" the land once known as Palestine.
Israel was directed by the British and French, as well as Arab nations to move into, and settle in Palestine.

It is easy presently to say Israel invaded, and took away land belonging to the Palestinian people, but a through reading of the history proves it was under the mandates of the British, French, and Arabs.
They were all complicit in moving on Palestine.

Regardless of who started this movement to take over the land, it should never have happened, and just because it was ordered by the British, French, and Arabs, does not make it legal, or humanitarian.
Obviously it has caused many wars in the region since.

Many , even in governments, have stated a "two state" agreement is the only way to settle this dispute.
The Palestinians say they do not want this.
They want the complete removal of the Jewish state of Israel.
The truth is, the land was "stolen" from the Palestinians, and they want it returned.
I feel Israel certainly has the right to exist, but not in today's geographical Israel.

Unfortunately it is not realistic to demand Israel pick up and move to another parcel of land on planet earth, though I believe that is the only real solution to this, and future conflicts.
A more simplistic example would be, suppose you lived in your house for many years, and suddenly a group of people decided to take over your house and property?
You would try and fight like hell to preserve what is yours, and would not want to give it up.
Now, because you won't relinquish your property to this group, they decide to build a few houses in your back yard, in the hope it will force you out.
Your only recourse is to fight back, find where this group of people is staying, and demolish it.

Sounds rather familiar don't you think?

Old 10-15-2023, 03:53 PM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I just watched a video on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfkUE5Q0K04

Old 10-15-2023, 04:09 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
The British single handedly created many a hot spot all over the world. They are good at doing it at the price of bloodshed and life losses of other people. Israel is one of the groups played by those foul British politicians and suffering the consequences.

I understand how Jewish people relate dearly to that piece of troubled land for ancestral connections. If I were their shoes, I would actively avoid being stuck in the middle of a bunch of religion-fueled fighters who are stuck in mid age mentality and moral values. They don’t respect their own women, including their mothers and daughters, in 2023, which says a lot about how stuck they are. What could you achieve from fighting with them?

Old 10-15-2023, 04:14 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,467,648 times
I don't care about ancient history. The Palestinians had multiple good offers for an independent state. However, they rejected all of them. Some introspection is required on the part of Palestinians as to how they are in the predicament that they are in.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 10-15-2023 at 04:24 PM..

Old 10-15-2023, 04:17 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Time to move Israel out of a Arab hornets nest. I say we (the US) pick a state and give it to them. New Mexico has been suggested elsewhere. It's a lot bigger than current Israel, similar climate, only have one border to guard (with Mexico), etc.

And level everything in Israel on the way out.

New Israel.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:23 PM

6,666 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Time to move Israel out of a Arab hornets nest. I say we (the US) pick a state and give it to them. New Mexico has been suggested elsewhere. It's a lot bigger than current Israel, similar climate, only have one border to guard (with Mexico), etc.

New Israel.
I think the biblical significance is a pretty big part of what they are all claiming for though, no?

Unless they dig it all up and transport it,..like the Wailing wall. Make like, scaled down "Vegas' version of it in New Mexico.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:26 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post

New Israel.
I thought of the same. It is one of the viable options for Israelis to achieve their permanent peace and stability. You don’t need to level the old Israel land. The infights among the arabs will turn it into a hell in no time. The Us could also use that vicinity of the new Israel to house all hasadic/Orthodox Jews spread across the US especially from NYC to free up some space for the rest of NYers.

Old 10-15-2023, 04:26 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I just spent the last three hours reading the history of Israel, and I would suggest those interested in finding the truth as to how this latest incursion came about, read the history entirely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel

Israel is not entirely to blame for "taking over" the land once known as Palestine.
Israel was directed by the British and French, as well as Arab nations to move into, and settle in Palestine.

It is easy presently to say Israel invaded, and took away land belonging to the Palestinian people, but a through reading of the history proves it was under the mandates of the British, French, and Arabs.
They were all complicit in moving on Palestine.

Regardless of who started this movement to take over the land, it should never have happened, and just because it was ordered by the British, French, and Arabs, does not make it legal, or humanitarian.

Many , even in governments, have stated a "two state" agreement is the only way to settle this dispute.
The Palestinians say they do not want this.
They want the complete removal of the Jewish state of Israel.
The truth is, the land was "stolen" from the Palestinians, and they want it returned.
I feel Israel certainly has the right to exist, but not in today's geographical Israel.

Unfortunately it is not realistic to demand Israel pick up and move to another parcel of land on planet earth, though I believe that is the only real solution to this, and future conflicts.
A more simplistic example would be, suppose you lived in your house for many years, and suddenly a group of people decided to take over your house and property?
You would try and fight like hell to preserve what is yours, and would not want to give it up.
Now, because you won't relinquish your property to this group, they decide to build a few houses in your back yard, in the hope it will force you out.
Your only recourse is to fight back, find where this group of people is staying, and demolish it.

Sounds rather familiar don't you think?
Yes. It is very analogous to the European conquest of the Americas, in particular the westward expansion of the United States. The situation for the Palestinians is like that of the Cherokee, Sioux and Apache. Their lands have been taken by settlers and they have been put on reservations (West Bank and Gaza). Some renegades got off and killed a bunch of settlers. They will pay the price and be put back on their place.

The methods by which the oppressed people are managed are remarkably similar as well. Put them onto reservations that can't support them making them dependent on the oppressor. When they balk, cut off that support. When they revolt, massacre them.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 10-15-2023 at 04:39 PM..

Old 10-15-2023, 04:31 PM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
It is absolutely NOT the fault of people dead over 80 years. not at all.

It is the fault of those alive, soon to be dead that do this over, and over, and over...

Old 10-15-2023, 04:38 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
<snip> It is easy presently to say Israel invaded, and took away land belonging to the Palestinian people, but a through reading of the history proves it was under the mandates of the British, French, and Arabs. They were all complicit in moving on Palestine.

<snip> A more simplistic example would be, suppose you lived in your house for many years, and suddenly a group of people decided to take over your house and property? <snip>
It's more complicated yet. The Jews purchased land, of course. The largest single Jewish land purchase was of prime land farmed by 'landless' Palestine peasants. In total, it amounted to something like 20% of total pre-1948 acquisitions and formed an essential early Zionist foothold. Towards the end of the 19th century, the Ottoman Empire transferred that tract to a large Greek Orthodox Lebanese family who not long after sold it to Jews. Initially, the Palestinians blamed Russia for some reason that is not clear to me.

Under the Ottoman legal system Palestinians would have had some rights as the occupying farmers. That did not comport with our western legal system. The British 'updated' laws under their newly established Palestinian mandate: the owner dictates how 'his' property is used. The Palestinians were asked to vacate. Jews were not legally required to but some Palestinians were reimbursed, others not.

Over time, Jews purchased more acreage most from rich land-owning Arabs (not Palestinians) who lived in cities like Damascus. The Palestinians, of course, resented it resulting in riots. Jews then reacted to that violence and so on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies