Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2023, 05:19 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times

Advertisements

A review of RFK donors would suggest that.

At least his donors have supported Trump and Republicans far more than Democrats.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/1...onors-00124621

Will his candidacy take enough from Biden to allow Trump to win, or are the R’s being too cute by half and wind up “releasing the Kraken” upon themselves?

Old 11-01-2023, 07:46 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Yes, because there are so many naïve voters, many will see the name and assume he's liberal like John, Ted and Bobby without doing the research. There are still many voters today that remember JFK. This is the first time that a 3rd party candidate might actually have a chance to affect an election.

Old 11-01-2023, 07:54 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Yes. My family members who were all Trump supporters are now enthusiastically behind RFK.

My family members who were all Biden supporters think RFK is a joke.

Old 11-03-2023, 07:04 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
My guess is to Biden based on the horrific border mess that is now being shared across the country:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/robert...-unsustainable

"Writing in Newsweek, Kennedy ripped the Biden administration for "refusing to secure our southern border" which has led to "endless floods of migrants pouring through an open border" and "impossible burdens" for American cities."

"Kennedy’s initial job policies are a mix of approaches: reshoring of jobs, unionization, minimum wage hikes, reigning in healthcare costs, immigration controls. Kennedy also emphasizes the rebuilding of the small business economy, decimated due to the too-lengthy economic shutdowns of the pandemic So far, these policies have been introduced to frame campaign themes, and presented at a high level of generality. But Kennedy has more directly taken on some of the contentious job issues, regarding immigration controls, minimum wage and unionization."

And, you know, there are still many traditional Democrats that would never vote for a Republican, and many Democrats that are very unhappy with Biden, and will be more unhappy in the coming year.

Just as many Dems would never vote for a Republican, there are many Republicans that would never vote for a Dem, but might vote for Kennedy. Kennedy has some issues that I disagree with that would make it hard for me to vote for him, but if Trump is not the GOP candidate, and someone like Haley or DeSantis is, Kennedy would get my vote, as I do not support a theocracy candidate for POTUS, and also believe they could not win against a Dem in the first place.

I say Kennedy pulls from Biden. The Dems are working hard to keep Biden (who suffers from severe moral voids and dementia) in office, which should be frightening. Why do the Dems behind Biden need someone unable to have a thought of his own?

Old 11-04-2023, 06:57 AM

23,558 posts, read 12,525,568 times
He's a bigger threat to Biden*. RFK lost support from the right and gained support from the left after he'd outed himself as being pro-reparations.

Those on the right said Kennedy had just lost all support from the GOP, while those on the left said he didn’t go far enough.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ck/ar-AA1iUybI

Now all he has to do is say he's pro-war, pro doling out even more billions to Ukraine and other countries, pro illegals and phony asylum seekers flooding this country, etc., and he'd be a shoo-in with the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.