Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 09:22 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,081,026 times

Advertisements

I must have misunderstood it.
I thought she was saying that it’s wrong to be anti-Semitic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2023, 09:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
click the attachment in post #2.

Old 11-30-2023, 12:26 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
She's basically denying there were attacks on jews.

I thought you might be sarcastic in that she shows there are indeed a number of people that will carry all sorts of jewish tropes etc. around and that it's not just having a problem with Israel.

The whole thing is freakin' hilarious because you look around the US and people are acutely aware of racism and it's well known that there is a lot of racism in the middle east. But suddenly *poof* nobody hates jews, it's just Israel. What a heap of BS.

P.S. She has a crazy look. No different than when they decribe a guy as looking "creepy". She looks like the kind that would see someone with a booth handing out literature she didn't like and she'd come at them with scissors from her purse.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:23 PM

6,749 posts, read 6,738,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
That would be like blaming every Catholic for the Catholic Church's coverup of the sex abuse by priests.
Most Catholics oppose sex abuse, 85% of Gazans support Hamas. Marching in favor of Hamas is like marching in favor of sex abuse.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:31 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Strangely enough it's always the 'gender and women's studies' types.
Actually funny you say that, someone on news pointed out yesterday that all the speakers seem to be women. Women cheering for a group that demeans and devalues women. And kills gays. Funny now the same people outraged about gay rights a year ago don't care that Hamas throws them off of buildings or drags them behind motorcycles.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:42 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Actually funny you say that, someone on news pointed out yesterday that all the speakers seem to be women. Women cheering for a group that demeans and devalues women. And kills gays. Funny now the same people outraged about gay rights a year ago don't care that Hamas throws them off of buildings or drags them behind motorcycles.
good points. check out the following where brooke lober spewed her drivel (~27 second mark) - it's virtually all women.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1729630529199432095/

Old 11-30-2023, 03:07 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
good points. check out the following where brooke lober spewed her drivel (~27 second mark) - it's virtually all women.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1729630529199432095/
I was aghast when I saw that last night! It really makes me feel doomed for humanity, if disinformation like that is swallowed as truth so easily, most especially by elected officials.

Old 11-30-2023, 03:18 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

It's a sad race to support the currently most perceived to be downtrodden. Can require 'switching horses'.

Old 11-30-2023, 04:16 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
nonsense! some of you cant differ between being Jewish as a religion and being Israeli which is a govt. Same with Hamas and Palestinians/Muslim. If people are against Israeli murdering lots of innocent children then the narrow thinkers here assume they must be anti jewish! Try thinking for a change. That would be like blaming every Catholic for the Catholic Church's coverup of the sex abuse by priests. Ones a religion and the other is an institution been around for centuries with lots of political power. Politics is dishonest. Doesnt matter which side of the fence they are on.
Keep in mind they only read the headlines. They do not realize that not all Jews are Israeli. That things the Israeli army does are often as bad as or worse than what Hamas does. I am so sick of hearing "hate" toward Jews. I decided to look at the history of the situation between the two, Israeli government vs Hamas, which has nothing to do with Jews and Palestinians or hating either group. I looked at what the Israel government were doing to the Palestinians, and found a Jewish group that supported the Palestinian people due to what was being done to them by the Israeli government.

I did notice that many that have little to no use for blacks here, also have the same feelings about the Palestinian people. That told me all I needed to know.

If people were not so ignorant about history and so fixated on supporting their race of people in any situation, maybe the ignorance would end.

They must have made police reports, so that should take care of any physical violence that took place. If they feel "hated", I suggest psychotherapy to get over it. Those that feel like they are "hated" generally suffer from self-hate and loathing.

Old 11-30-2023, 08:23 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
My son taught at Berkeley for a few years, but quit because of the politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies