Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 10:39 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

The big takeaway here, and what everyone needs to know, is that CO is NOT actually removing Trump from its ballot. I posted the relevant section of the COSC's decision.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:01 PM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
A federal judge has postponed Trump's March 4 election interference trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The trial will start on time. You heard it here first.
Care to revise your remarks? Because I for one would just love to hear you tell us how you, like, akshually KNEW this was going to happen all along because this was just part of Jack Smith's TRUE and brilliant prosecutorial strategy.

I'll give the Washington Post a rare bit of credit for coming right out with the primary motivation and timing behind this case:

OPINION: Slowpoke federal appeals court puts 2024 election in jeopardy

Old 02-04-2024, 09:31 PM

1,288 posts, read 642,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

Care to revise your remarks? Because I for one would just love to hear you tell us how you, like, akshually KNEW this was going to happen all along because this was just part of Jack Smith's TRUE and brilliant prosecutorial strategy.

I'll give the Washington Post a rare bit of credit for coming right out with the primary motivation and timing behind this case:

I'm outraged-Jack Smith's fluffer on this forum assured us the walls were closing in..on schedule.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:43 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post

I’ve been wrong before. It doesn’t hurt a bit. I overestimated the efficiency of the Appeals Court.

Not to worry. Alvin Bragg has a nice criminal trial scheduled for March, so it really won’t be that much of a setback. April is still open. IIRC, the Documents Trial is due to start May 20. It’s not like the trials aren’t going to happen. Donnie’s dance card is going to be filled from March 25 until Election Day. He’ll have to fit his campaigning in on weekends.

He will be a convicted felon long before Election Day, and quite possibly before the nominating convention. You guys need to be deciding who’s going to run when he goes down.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I’ve been wrong before. It doesn’t hurt a bit. I overestimated the efficiency of the Appeals Court.

Not to worry. Alvin Bragg has a nice criminal trial scheduled for March, so it really won’t be that much of a setback. April is still open. IIRC, the Documents Trial is due to start May 20. It’s not like the trials aren’t going to happen. Donnie’s dance card is going to be filled from March 25 until Election Day. He’ll have to fit his campaigning in on weekends.

No worries - unlike the cabbage in the WH, Trump doesn't even need to campaign - he does it for sport. The cabbage needs to campaign but is unable to..the poor bastid..

Old 02-04-2024, 10:12 PM

13,689 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Humm...

Quote:

He will be a convicted felon long before Election Day, and quite possibly before the nominating convention. You guys need to be deciding who’s going to run when he goes down.
Quote:
Of the four criminal cases former president Donald Trump is facing, charges filed in New York over 2016 hush money payments have long been considered by legal experts to be the weakest of the bunch. But it is increasingly likely that case will be his first to go to trial, perhaps as soon as next month.

...Robert Mintz, a former federal prosecutor now in private practice, said the prospect of the New York case being Trump’s first criminal trial “is somewhat of a worst-case scenario for prosecutors,” because it is a novel use of the law in a high-profile, politically sensitive matter.

“By leading off the string of indictments with the case that is the most problematic from a legal, rather than evidentiary standpoint, this runs the risk of potentially handing the Trump defense team an early win on legal sufficiency grounds that plays into the defense claims that all of these prosecutions are politically motivated and may spill over to damage the credibility of the other criminal cases in the minds of the public,” Mintz said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...k-trial-first/

Last edited by john3232; 02-04-2024 at 11:28 PM..

Old 02-04-2024, 10:38 PM

Quote:

We heard it here first!

Old 02-04-2024, 10:52 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
You mean not everybody is on board with the Democrats' effort to deny 74,000,000 Americans their right to vote for the candidate of their choice???

Sounds like their train is starting to go off the tracks.

Too bad, so sad.

-------------------------------------

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sup...-immunity-case

Supreme Court declines to issue expedited ruling on Trump immunity case

by Bill Mears , Shannon Bream , Adam Sabes
Published December 22, 2023 2:45pm EST

The Supreme Court has declined to issue an expedited ruling Friday on whether former President Trump has immunity from prosecution related to the 2020 election interference case.

Appellate courts are hearing the immunity case, but the Supreme Court ruled on Friday that it would proceed as normal.
This admin’s train has completely derailed. Nothing is going right for them. They are a complete disaster and will lose big.

People thought Trump’s 2016 win created a lot of screaming and crying from the left. Wait until he wins again for the 3rd time. It will be the most important, satisfying, and entertaining election ever.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:04 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
It seems to me Trump will probably beat the rap on all these charges/cases against him.

1. The Georgia case is most likely tainted now because of Fani and her lover.

2. The Documents case will probably be ruled as negligence and Trump will most likely pay a fine or be thrown out entirely because the Supremes rule on presidential immunity.

3. The hush money case in New York is super weak as the feds didn't even wanna take it and will most likely just be a fine if anything.

4. Jan 6 culpability will be hard to prove and again it might depend on the presidential immunity ruling.

Don's Teflon seems to be protecting him well so far but time will tell.

Old 02-04-2024, 11:24 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
It seems to me Trump will probably beat the rap on all these charges/cases against him.

1. The Georgia case is most likely tainted now because of Fani and her lover.

Really? You just figured this out. By the way, Trump is up in GA +7.2. Plan is not working.

Quote:
2. The Documents case will probably be ruled as negligence and Trump will most likely pay a fine or be thrown out entirely because the Supremes rule on presidential immunity.

It looks hypocritical and stupid that the current President is trying to put in jail a former President for documents when the current President took out of the WH as VP documents himself. It's like OJ Simpson trying to put in jail a man for screaming at his wife.

Quote:
3. The hush money case in New York is super weak as the feds didn't even wanna take it and will most likely just be a fine if anything.
New York trying a federal law when the feds and FEC already declared there was no crime or even a fine it's so obviously political. It's like the city of San Francisco charging Federal tax laws on a citizen when the I.R.S declared there was no crime or even a fine. You would think the New York has enough problems to tackle than trying to payback their political donors.

We are still waiting for N.Y. to tell us who is the victim here?

Quote:
4. Jan 6 culpability will be hard to prove and again it might depend on the presidential immunity ruling.

Don's Teflon seems to be protecting him well so far but time will tell.

When things are done for political reasons as the #1 reason and don't care dividing this country further and then pushed everything fast before the elections for an outcome, things will blow up in their faces.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 02-04-2024 at 11:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies