Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 02:06 PM

17,747 posts, read 6,987,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You have to hand it to Trump, he has a lot of nerve. Not that it will matter to people who love Trump or hate him, but Trump and his influencers have been on the sort of roll that is calculated to infuriate his critics and many of us who would be willing to support him should he win the nomination.

Take a look at some whoppers he told during his town hall. The first is his claim that Ron DeSantis was the actual Fauci supporter, not Trump:
Quote:
Then Trump went on to say that he wasn’t a supporter of shutdowns and that he is a big federalist and supported governors who didn’t want to shut down. That there is video of him criticizing Kemp and DeSantis for opening their states against federal demands–demands that Trump put in place as the Chief Executive–is no barrier to his making this absurd claim.
Link: https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/...oh-ffs-n604362

Trump's response to COVID is disqualifying. That he continues to lie about his response to COVID is the one thing that could make me sit out the 2024 Presidential election. I don't appreciate being lied to, and treated like a moron. Obviously Trump's supporters don't mind that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 02:12 PM

9,947 posts, read 4,700,843 times
He owns the first year of the virus especially by letting the likes Fauci and others run all over him. If he wants he can say helped get the first vax/shot produced which might draw some pro vaxxers. But other than that he should stay away from the issue or tactically blame Fauci, Birx etc.

Last edited by anononcty; 01-11-2024 at 03:25 PM..

Old 01-11-2024, 02:21 PM

13,623 posts, read 4,341,424 times
Let me guess. You are a Biden voter. When Biden said during the 2020 election that he had the cure for Covid and said while Presiden taking the vaccine it will prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it, did you have a problem with those lies? How many people died and got very sick with those lies that he said for a year? of course not, crickets from you. Another selective outrage exposed.

The government has been treating Americans like morons since forever. Going to war and committing war crimes because our liberties were at stake is the best example how the government treats Americans. Biden has been lying since 1973 but your problem is Trump? LOL

I remember 2020. Trump for political reasons (election year ) or common sense (take your pick) didn't want to shut down the entire economy or schools. He was the opposite of Democrats who had their own agenda of shutting down the economy and restricting movement. The fact is time proved Trump correct. More people died under Biden by far than Trump. This wasn't a 1 person failure. It was the entire government structure from Executive Branch, Legislative branch and states and cities. 1 person wasn't going to save or sink what went on in 2020. A lot of people lied including the corrupt media. Biden takes the cake with "I have a cure" and "taking the vaccine will prevent you from getting it or spreading". Those lies is up with "smoking does't causes cancer but Trump.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:24 PM

6,125 posts, read 2,897,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Let me guess. You are a Biden voter. When Biden said during the 2020 election that he had the cure for Covid and said while Presiden taking the vaccine it will prevent you from getting the virus or spreading it, did you have a problem with those lies? How many people died and got very sick with those lies that he said for a year? of course not, crickets from you. Another selective outrage exposed.

The government has been treating Americans like morons since forever. Going to war and committing war crimes because our liberties were at stake is the best example how the government treats Americans. Biden has been lying since 1973 but your problem is Trump? LOL

I remember 2020. Trump for political reasons (election year ) or common sense (take your pick) didn't want to shut down the entire economy or schools. He was the opposite of Democrats who had their own agenda of shutting down the economy and restricting movement. The fact is time proved Trump correct. More people died under Biden by far than Trump. This wasn't a 1 person failure. It the entire government structure from Executive Branch, Legislative branch and states and cities. 1 person wasn't going to save or sink what went on in 2020. A lot of people lied including the corruot media. Biden takes the cake with "I have a cure" and "taking the vaccine will prevent you from getting it or spreading". Those lies is up with "smoking does't causes cancer but Trump.
Why did then-President Trump bash Governor's DeSantis and Kemp for reopening their states, in what he called "to soon"?

His response was lackluster. The least he could do is show some humility and say "I made some mistakes. I wish I had done x, y, and z differently." He would get more respect from me if he did, but his ego won't allow him to admit he made mistakes, if he even feels he made mistakes.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/trump-...opening-state/

Old 01-11-2024, 02:26 PM

17,747 posts, read 6,987,200 times
Quote:

I remember 2020. Trump for political reasons (election year ) or common sense (take your pick) didn't want to shut down the entire economy or schools. He was the opposite of Democrats who had their own agenda of shutting down the economy and restricting movement. The fact is time proved Trump correct. More people died under Biden by far than Trump. This wasn't a 1 person failure. It was the entire government structure from Executive Branch, Legislative branch and states and cities. 1 person wasn't going to save or sink what went on in 2020. A lot of people lied including the corrupt media. Biden takes the cake with "I have a cure" and "taking the vaccine will prevent you from getting it or spreading". Those lies is up with "smoking does't causes cancer but Trump.
LOL, me a Biden voter! I didn't read anything after that insult. Try again if you want a response.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:42 PM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Link: https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/...oh-ffs-n604362

Trump's response to COVID is disqualifying. That he continues to lie about his response to COVID is the one thing that could make me sit out the 2024 Presidential election. I don't appreciate being lied to, and treated like a moron. Obviously Trump's supporters don't mind that much.
COVID is over, and there was a lot of ignorance in the beginning regarding everything about it, along with the lies being told. That was then, and this is now: economy and illegal alien/fake asylum seekers infesting our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
He owns the first year of the virus especially by letting the likes Fauci and others run all over him. If he wants he can say helped get the first vax/shot produced which might draw some pro vaxxers. But other than that he should stay away from the issue or tactically blame Fauci, Bird etc.
As I said above, in the beginning, there was so much ignorance, as people were not aware of what was going on UNTIL it became "political" and was used to place Biden, who could never have "won"(?) otherwise.

Quote:
LOL, me a Biden voter! I didn't read anything after that insult. Try again if you want a response.
DeSantis? No amount of trash talking Trump will get DeSantis over the finish line! He is too far to the right. For those that want Haley, she is a war monger with a husband with ties to defense contracting.

Quote:
He is running against Biden. More Americans died under Biden than Trump. If Joe wants to bring the topic, go for it. Let's compare the lies and record.

"Taking the vaccine will prevent you from getting the virus or spreading" told over and over for a year using the W.H. platform and destroy anybody that challenged that to me is a mistrust issue and abuse of power. Those lies are on the same level with "Vietnam is a winnable war"
Biden milked that plandemic for everything it was worth! DeSantis was all over the place in his state, and mostly wanted to say what the wealthy majority wanted him to say. I think the way I heard with DeSantis was that he "flip flopped more than a fish out of water".

In that first debate, DeSantis had taken an oath in order to be in the debate that he would support the GOP nominee for POTUS, but when they were asked to raise their hand if they would support Trump, DeSantis looked at everyone else to see if they were putting up their hand, and then reluctantly raised his hand. He is a "wolf in sheep's clothing", and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it is there.

Haley is a "0"!

Trump cares about saving our country, and is bravely facing the pressure from the left and some on the right.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:48 PM

7,989 posts, read 3,519,178 times
Eh, everyone was winging it when that virus was unleashed on us. Not his shining moment but he'll make up for it in his second term.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:52 PM

I remember 2020. I don't need people to re-write history. You had the establishment and media crucifying Trump because he didn't act like a tyrant or force all the states under 1 severe restriction. They fell in love with Governor Cuomo and his bull$hit tv circus because they hated Trump and Joe was hiding in his basement until the fall when under the most vulnerable position Americans were he came out to promise a cure and a bunch of freebies. Democrats wanted to extend for another year the unemployment benefits and include illegals. Paying Americans more money to stay home than what they earn working. Time proved them all wrong.

Shutting down the government like Democrats did was a big mistake that We are going to be paying for a long time but the lies and the abuse of power when Biden took over can't be ignore and has to worry every American.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I wanted Trump to use his critical thinking skills instead of just accepting whatever he was told to do by Fauci, Birx, and the cabal of Marxists that controls the CDC and the NIH. I expected him to be smarter than "15 days to stop the spread," smarter than "stay 6 feet away from everyone," smarter than "wear this cloth mask to protect yourselves," and that doesn't even touch all of his mistakes with Project Warp Speed.

Trump should have never allowed bureaucrats in the federal government to recommend suspending life as we know it for COVID, because then the states wouldn't have had the cover to do it.

So you wanted Trump to ignore the division of powers in the federal and state level and be a tyrant and start putting politicians and Americans in jail by sending the military to all 50 states. Tell lies that he found a cure and force drugs on the entire nation and destroy those who resist. Basically, you wanted Trump to govern like a Democorat.

Thanks with your "critical thinking skills" talk whatever that means. Trump technically couldn't fire Fauci, especially when Fauci had the full support of the House and the Senate.

Bureaucrats were already in D.C. when Trump arrived and are still there today. They have been running our federal government forever.

Old 01-11-2024, 03:13 PM

52,786 posts, read 34,663,914 times
i'll vote for trump if he's the nominee, but desantis was waaaaaay ahead of trump on the wuflu response - and in most other ways.

no denying that what he said there was a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies