Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2024, 06:03 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times

Advertisements

Great job, Coyote Jose!

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...vid-under-joe/
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 05:51 AM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Oh just watch the pro-illegals and other immigrant advocates come in here and claim that Americans are just too lazy to work even for a fair wage therefore we are blessed that these "immigrants" are doing jobs that Americans are supposedly refusing to do.

Far too many unnecessary and low paying jobs in this country anyway. We don't need a burger joint, gas station, hotel etc. on every corner that requires cheap foreign labor to fill them as that brings a host of all other problems to our society. Additional housing, healthcare, schools, etc. of which the taxpayer has to subsidize them for. It's Capitalism gone array.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:02 AM

5,151 posts, read 3,082,256 times
As a country, we need significant immigration to offset our aging demographic. But there are ways to control the type and quality of foreigners we allow to cross the border. Instead of screening for educated and skilled people, Biden’s immigration policies encourage millions of ignorant people to enter who then become an instant burden on society.

Why would any leader in their right mind do this? My theory for this surge of shoeless humanity is that it’s the leftist version of slavery for the 21st century. No more chains and shackles, they’ve been replaced by tracking apps and EBT cards. The governing elites want a pliable workforce, indentured to their new masters.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:05 AM

25,717 posts, read 12,793,994 times
And the few jobs that didn't got to foreign born workers went to new gov't workers, & part-timers who now average 2.5 gigs each.

Can a Fake President do any worse? Kamala...please 25th Slow Joe tomorrow, and take over...unless you're too scared.

You said you're ready to serve, so let's go...start serving...start creating Millions of high paying jobs for AMERICANS.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:17 AM

62,892 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
As a country, we need significant immigration to offset our aging demographic. But there are ways to control the type and quality of foreigners we allow to cross the border. Instead of screening for educated and skilled people, Biden’s immigration policies encourage millions of ignorant people to enter who then become an instant burden on society.

Why would any leader in their right mind do this? My theory for this surge of shoeless humanity is that it’s the leftist version of slavery for the 21st century. No more chains and shackles, they’ve been replaced by tracking apps and EBT cards. The governing elites want a pliable workforce, indentured to their new masters.
True, we should only be allowing in skilled and educated immigrants but at the same time they shouldn't be competition for our Americans worker by working for less either such as in the IT industry. If only our government cared about training Americans for those necessary skilled jobs at a reasonable cost we wouldn't need so many foreign replacements for those jobs either. A smaller population to fit a smaller economy is much healthier anyway.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:41 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Well that does explain a lot.

We had all those new jobs yet none of the other stats changed.
So I guess the BLS doesn't count them in the labor participation number, unemployed number, long term unemployed number because all those numbers remained unchanged while new jobs exploded.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:42 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
With all these third world people working unskilled jobs it's no wonder the politicians are pushing for a higher min wage.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:46 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,349,573 times
OP, I understand your point, but I think the title is slightly misleading. Here is the quote from the OP link:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...vid-under-joe/

Quote:
Per the Center for Immigration Studies: All employment growth has gone to the foreign-born. 183,000 fewer U.S.-born Americans are working than in 2019, before Covid. Yet, the number of immigrants (legal and illegal) working is up 2.9 million over 2019.
In other words, unless I am mistaken, all newly "reopened" jobs did not go to "foreigners", but the overall 'great employment news' reflects the fact that many jobs have gone to non-citizens. I also think that many citizens who were working in 2019 but are not working now are either retired (such as my husband and I) or they have died. Foreign workers are, I think, generally younger.

Last edited by katharsis; 02-14-2024 at 08:03 AM..

Old 02-14-2024, 07:52 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,306,085 times
OP's post also included naturalized US citizens in the group that got more jobs.

There are 24.5 million naturalized (foreign born) US Citizens in the US. OP's link counts them in the group with illegals, to make it seem like they are taking away jobs from Citizens, when in fact these 24.5 million ARE Citizens.

Last edited by Variable; 02-14-2024 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:52 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
As a country, we need significant immigration to offset our aging demographic. .
I agree with wholeheartedly everything you said except this. Basically, this is saying that instead of encouraging Americans to have more kids (for example, by making life more affordable), we should take in the kids form impoverished countries and give them all freebies provided for by Americans who can't afford to have more kids themselves.

We can solve any "demographic" problems on our own and we don't need foreign assistance. If it is such a problem, we could pay our own citizens to have more kids. Or encourage more pregnant mothers to give their "unwanted" kids up for adoption instead of aborting them.

That being said, I don't think an aging population is a problem. It indicates that the growth of population is declining, which I believe is a good thing.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies