Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 08:03 AM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I've never done it before so don't know if this is typical but I looked at JBs schedule.

Except for the daily briefing there were only 2 meetings the entire week.

Something about fighting corporate rip offs Tuesday afternoon and a meeting with Italys PM on Friday.

Also travel to and from Camp David.

Takes a week to prep for a 1 hour orchestrated speech I guess.
I suspect Biden is practicing, practicing.........Also, they will be experimenting with the best drug combination to try to eek out enough stage time before he fails miserably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think its on a 8pm...if they can wake Joe up that is.

He'll be so drugged up, he might just collapse...or freeze up like McConnell did.
Yeah, he'll probably be as "high as a kite"! I was thinking that due to most drugs only giving a short "high", maybe he'll have one of those things that someone uses for severe pain, where they can release more "medication" as needed, as that might work, if Biden could remember to use it, or maybe a handler could make up a reason to get near enough to Biden to administer additional doses.

It should be wild! I will watch the bloopers on YouTube tomorrow. Life is too precious to waste it watching Biden mumble and stumble, otherwise known as "karma" for the life he has led.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:10 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,246,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How do we turn it into a drinking game?

Drink when Biden says:

MAGA
our democracy
white supremacy/supremacists

What else?
Was thinking the same thing - I would add:

Trump
[Republican/right wing/Maga] existential threat to democracy
Climate Crisis

Old 03-07-2024, 08:11 AM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I thought it was 9 PM Eastern so it will really be 9:30 when he shows up.
Sorry if I had it wrong...

I won't be watching it live. I'll be watching re-runs of the worst car racing crashes of all time, followed by the worst 10 train wrecks, followed by the Hindenberg exploding over and over again.

By tomorrow morning, the Biden film clips of his worst gaffe's won't seem so bad.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:18 AM

25,926 posts, read 12,943,406 times
How many minutes will it last? I'm betting <30 minutes.

Will he stand the whole time?

Will Joe fall?

Could it get so bad, they have to end it?

They could just end it with a sudden & unexpected test of the emergency broadcast system...they've got to have something ready just in case.

I bet advertisements cost more tonight per minute than during Superbowl.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:18 AM

6,582 posts, read 12,093,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Sorry if I had it wrong...

I won't be watching it live. I'll be watching re-runs of the worst car racing crashes of all time, followed by the worst 10 train wrecks, followed by the Hindenberg exploding over and over again.

By tomorrow morning, the Biden film clips of his worst gaffe's won't seem so bad.
I had to double check since I have the "Joe Biden Syndrome" myself, lol.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...union-address/

I'm looking forward to the Daily Show and Colbert summaries of them.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:22 AM

7,464 posts, read 3,588,848 times
everything is fine and if you don’t think everything is fine you are a maga republican and it’s the republicans fault we aren’t in a complete utopia

Old 03-07-2024, 08:24 AM

7,047 posts, read 2,739,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
I'm hoping for a complete meltdown..he, his family and his party deserve it.
Expect Biden to come out of the gate pumped up on drugs. As they wear out, he will start slurring his speech until it sounds like he is sucking on a piece of hard candy. Eventually, his dementia will kick in and he will start getting angry and raise his voice as he forgets his train of thought.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:25 AM

182 posts, read 96,531 times
Quote:
How do we turn it into a drinking game?

Drink when Biden says:

MAGA
our democracy
white supremacy/supremacists

What else?
"Look, ..."
"No joke!"
Creepy whisper

Ultra-MAGA should be a double-shot.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:36 AM

7,047 posts, read 2,739,226 times
Quote:
She's not dumb.

The thing about sleeping your way to the top is that it's really just a foot in the door. You have to be able to play the game to reach the high positions. People willing to sleep with someone for a raise are a dime a dozen. That willingness alone doesn't get someone to the vice presidency.
Sure it does. She was picked because Biden didn't want to always be the "dumbest person in the room". Heels Up Harris was never a threat to overshadow him like Dick Cheney did under George Bush.

Old 03-07-2024, 08:38 AM

21,193 posts, read 19,809,403 times
Apparently Trump will be giving a play-by-play of Biden's speech. That is what I will be watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies