Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 05:13 PM

25,946 posts, read 18,946,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalconsequence View Post
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/jo...20/id/1154291/

"Biden officials are helping Joe physically prepare". OMG...he's not physically prepared now? Is Joe unable to stand that long?
In other words, more embalming fluid.

Quote:
"Biden needs to be strong of presence & voice". The words "strong of" are usually followed by "mind" as in "strong of mind".
In other words, CGI and voice actor dominant telecast.

Quote:
"Trump leads Biden 1 on 1 by 4.3% (RCP), and Trump leads is several key states"
Dominion will tweak that as needed.

Quote:
I predict this will be the shortest SOTU speech since George Washington's speech of 1790 (1,089 words).
He can't go too long or he will start attracting flies and his nose could fall off.

Quote:
Joe's 2023 speech was ~1hr.. I predict this one will last closer to 30 minutes.
Lot of computer animators employed on that one.

Quote:
Lastly, I predict Joe won't start at the back of the room, & work his way through the crowd, as is usually done. Too much chance of a fall. I doubt there will be any stairs for Joe to climb.
Not to mention someone might notice the smell of the embalming fluid or the robotic assistance exoskeleton under the tux. If someone says, "Hey, that's weird... it looks like there are little pushrods under his skin by his jawbone making his mouth move," that's because there is.

Quote:
Crazy stuff that could happen...

People walk out in the middle of the speech...like a SCOTUS member, or MTG, or Gaetz?

A Republican stands up and tears up the manuscript of the speech, like Pelosi did.

A Republican hold up a sign that says "Liar" like Vivek did in a debate.

others?
It's a Weekend at Bernie's affair. As long as nobody gets too close, it's all inconsequential anyway. Dominion's got Biden's back.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:27 PM

26,017 posts, read 22,209,069 times
Since the "wake him medications" have started to wane, I suspect it will be very short. I noticed he rushed off after about 15 minutes with his denial of his "elderly man with a poor memory" press conference. He took off like some
one had a bug in his ear and told him, "GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW", maybe his wife, who he might think is his mother, as with dementia, that wouldn't be out of the question.

I won't watch, but will catch the gaffs either here or on youtube.

The man was never sharp, and his current condition is probably more of an issue due to his drug use, than his age. I am so sick of hearing it is about his age. My great grandmother ran a boarding house for 3 college age men who stayed in her upstairs bedrooms when she was in her 80s! I have known so many people in their 80s that were sharp as tack. I have a friend in the neighborhood who is 89 years old, does her own cooking, cleaning and until last year, most of her yard work, plus goes to the YMCA to workout, drives herself, is always well groomed and cares for a small dog.

Biden was never sharp, NEVER! He was always dumb, just dumb. Anyone that doesn't see that, well, you know, they are just a Biden knock off!

***There is only one way for the Dems to get rid of Biden, but then, it wouldn't be the first time that used that method.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:39 PM

4,181 posts, read 4,897,227 times
I can't stand to even look at Biden much less listen to him ramble into the abyss when he talks.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:43 PM

10,039 posts, read 9,527,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Biden is an older man, who happens to be President of the US.

He is currently 81, and will be turning 82 in November of 2024.

This position he currently holds is one of the more stressful in the US, if not the world. So, at his age, he is not going to be as sharp and agile as he was at 70, 60, 50, etc.

If he is re-elected in November, he will be 86 by the time he leaves office, in 2028.

I'm hoping all goes just fine with this speech--which I think it will.

The thing that is of concern is if he is re-elected, the VP has perhaps the strongest chance ever to become the US President, due to the sitting President's age (God forbid, but it could be a reality). And that would be VP Kamala Harris.

Not sure if she has the chops to be President? But I think if that did happen her cabinet expertise would be just fine to lean on, as experienced as they are.
To be President of the United States? LOL. She doesn’t have the chops to be President of a local chapter of the PTA.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:45 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I can’t even watch.
I won't, he's just going to trash talk half the country and call them racists, extemists, yadda, yadda. The rest of his speech will be lies, misinformation, propaganda about how all these wars he has us involved in, in Ukraine, Israel, Gaza, Syria, Iraq, and Iran are not his fault and even if they were, he's doing one bang up of a job as war-pig-in-chief.

Old 02-20-2024, 05:58 PM

25,930 posts, read 12,951,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
I can't stand to even look at Biden much less listen to him ramble into the abyss when he talks.
He'll be reading word for word, w/o any ad-lib I'm thinking. They know if he goes off script, he could be taking the entire DNC over the cliff w/ him.

There's a good chance that something out of the ordinary will occur. I'll watch it for that reason.

It's like the people who watch NASCAR, hoping for a wreck...guilty as charged.

He could withdraw his candidacy at the end of his reading, but very unlikely that he'd resign.

What kind of physical preparation are they giving him? Making him stand up for 30 minutes every evening?

Stationary bike? Leg presses? Stair climber? I'd love to know more about that part of it.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:14 PM

17,491 posts, read 14,730,423 times
He tripped twice going up the short stairs on Air Force One today. TWICE.

I, for one, cannot wait for the SOTU ... and the live thread here on CD.

It should be a dumpster fire.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:31 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
He'll be reading word for word, w/o any ad-lib I'm thinking. They know if he goes off script, he could be taking the entire DNC over the cliff w/ him.
So you don't think he will ramble, lose his place, say "errr... whatever..." and go back to script?

Old 02-20-2024, 06:40 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,153,570 times
How do we turn it into a drinking game?

Drink when Biden says:

MAGA
our democracy
white supremacy/supremacists

What else?

Old 02-20-2024, 06:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,876,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Me either, hope he doesn't stroke out during the speech.
I've said this same thing before. Given how rapidly his corpse is decomposing, it would not shock me to see him keel over. You only get so many heartbeats, and this guy is no fitness addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How do we turn it into a drinking game?

Drink when Biden says:

MAGA
our democracy
white supremacy/supremacists

What else?
"No joke"
"The former president"
"No president has ever created more jobs"

Extra credit if this old fool says "Is Jackie here? Where's Jackie?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies