Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should they resign?
Yes 5 17.86%
No 21 75.00%
Give them a medal 2 7.14%
Deport them 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2024, 12:24 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I see no issue with it. It is in poor taste, but about everything I see these days is. I think the biggest issue is that the Dems will condemn this, but not if the mask would have been of Trump. I am so tired of the double standard.

Kicking Biden's butt? I can certainly see the appeal, and it isn't like you can do it to him in person, so it works! This is kind of what Biden has done to our country, beat it repeatedly.
Kathy Griffin posted the image of her holding the bloody severed head of Trump, and the dems loved that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2024, 12:42 PM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Why should they resign? It does not sound like they had anything to do with it. Plus it appears that the display had quickly been taken down.

From the link in the OP:

Mike Brown, the Kansas GOP's state chair, and Maria Holiday, the leader of the party in Johnson County in the Kansas City area, distanced themselves from the display at a fundraiser for the county party. In a Facebook post, the state GOP blamed an outside vendor who rented space at the event to promote a martial arts school.

In a Facebook post-Monday evening, the Johnson County GOP described the Biden mask on the mannequin as only “a brief incident.”

“The mask was regrettable and removed," the statement said. “No one collected or solicited any funds or donations in exchange for hitting the training device.”

The Kansas GOP said in a statement over the weekend that no one from its staff attended the event and called Kuckelman “a disgruntled former member of the state party."

It sounds like a lot of whining over nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies