Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 08:34 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yep. Democrats are rarely held accountable for their criminal acts, while Republicans are relentlessly persecuted.
To be fair, Republicans are usually not held to account either unless they're Trumpers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 09:37 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
What would Obama be discussing?
Who knows what the Racist ex president would be meeting about.
https://youtu.be/VrWtFA4M280?si=UrnM-hsJmKlmwpvg

Old 03-18-2024, 09:41 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
One of the worst human beings in history.
Belongs in the same category as Hitler, Stalin, Saddam Hussein, Attila The Hun, Alyssa Milano, etc…this guy is a grade A scumbag.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:57 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Or maybe they like him, or want advice on how to communicate something to us. You cant just yell "logan act" magically and make it real.

Old 03-18-2024, 10:57 PM

3,237 posts, read 3,194,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have long went against the grain and stated that I firmly believe that Iraq had WMD and they repackaged it and then moved it to Syria a few weeks before the invasion. I think there is plenty of open source information to back up this viewpoint and you have posted some of this data. I have spent many years inside the AOR talking to people, too.

But what has always been extremely odd to me is that George W Bush surely knows all of this, but is willing to mostly go along with the criticism that his invasion was based on faulty intelligence. He and his administration get hit from both sides of the political aisle that they were wrong. The media always ignores anything that doesn’t push the narrative that there wasn’t WMD in Iraq just prior to the invasion.

Anyway, this theory leads into one of my pet peeves with establishment Republicans, that they are weak and /or corrupt.

If George W, Dick Cheney, etc. just go along with the narrative that they screwed up and Iraq didn’t have WMDs, I’m not sure how it would make any sense to retroactively go back and accuse Rockefeller of committing a Logan Act violation in 2002, even when he made that statement back in 2005.

Since there is no pushback, no initial accusation, perhaps Bush and Cheney didn’t care what Rockefeller said?

If I was George W, and my competency and truthfulness was being called into question, I would be shouting from the rooftops that Rockefeller tipped off Saddam. Instead, they just mostly sit back and count their money. Corrupt, weak, and feckless.
I concur!!! I think Republicans would rather be the ones always saying “I told you so” while the dems always paint a gloomy picture of Nazi dystopia befalling us if we vote for anyone in the GOP. I think Mitch McConnell was absolutely shell shocked when the GOP won the White House and what would eventually be 3 Supreme Court nominees.

And you have some Republicans who remain silent among all the critics,, and just take it, and others like Mittens and Liz who think that they’ll be treated better as coming off as the nice Republicans pointing out all the flaws of their party. Yeah, sure.

And then you have Trump, the fighter. And look what happens at Republicans who fight back. The democrats use the power of the government to destroy you.

Old 03-19-2024, 03:03 AM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
I concur!!! I think Republicans would rather be the ones always saying “I told you so” while the dems always paint a gloomy picture of Nazi dystopia befalling us if we vote for anyone in the GOP. I think Mitch McConnell was absolutely shell shocked when the GOP won the White House and what would eventually be 3 Supreme Court nominees.

And you have some Republicans who remain silent among all the critics,, and just take it, and others like Mittens and Liz who think that they’ll be treated better as coming off as the nice Republicans pointing out all the flaws of their party. Yeah, sure.

And then you have Trump, the fighter. And look what happens at Republicans who fight back. The democrats use the power of the government to destroy you.
Yep. Very few are truly legit, like Rand Paul. The rest are nothing but mouth breathers who in my opinion, are all on the same side but just pretend to be against each other.

I WAS a fan of Trey Gowdy and Jason Chaffetz. They said all the right things, but then as soon as Trump won, who would have done anything to help them out, they did an about face and left congress. This was all I needed to know they talked a good talk but were part of the "club" so to speak.

Heck, I remember hearing the story of Gowdy working in secret with two FBI agents to try and find dirt on the Clintons and they ended up dead. I now wonder if Gowdy was the one that set them up.

Old 03-19-2024, 04:54 AM

1,870 posts, read 649,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have long went against the grain and stated that I firmly believe that Iraq had WMD and they repackaged it and then moved it to Syria a few weeks before the invasion. I think there is plenty of open source information to back up this viewpoint and you have posted some of this data. I have spent many years inside the AOR talking to people, too.

But what has always been extremely odd to me is that George W Bush surely knows all of this, but is willing to mostly go along with the criticism that his invasion was based on faulty intelligence. He and his administration get hit from both sides of the political aisle that they were wrong. The media always ignores anything that doesn’t push the narrative that there wasn’t WMD in Iraq just prior to the invasion.

Anyway, this theory leads into one of my pet peeves with establishment Republicans, that they are weak and /or corrupt.

If George W, Dick Cheney, etc. just go along with the narrative that they screwed up and Iraq didn’t have WMDs, I’m not sure how it would make any sense to retroactively go back and accuse Rockefeller of committing a Logan Act violation in 2002, even when he made that statement back in 2005.

Since there is no pushback, no initial accusation, perhaps Bush and Cheney didn’t care what Rockefeller said?

If I was George W, and my competency and truthfulness was being called into question, I would be shouting from the rooftops that Rockefeller tipped off Saddam. Instead, they just mostly sit back and count their money. Corrupt, weak, and feckless.
The problem was the context of the initial 'WMD'. The UN interpretation of WMD is not limited to just functional devices but to includes plans to do everything, from gathering materials to hiring people, up to short of assembling components into a functional device. To put in simpler terms, if WMD is a gun, everything would be the components laid out on the table. You would be the only one in the neighborhood to have just short of a gun while everyone else have sticks and stones.

When Iraq was under sanctions and inspections, no one, except Iraq, complained because IF the initials 'WMD' were technically just for fully assembled and functional nuclear devices, then the sanctions and inspections regimes were illegal to start because Iraq did not have even 1/2 of the necessary materials and people.

According to Iraq's chief nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, Iraq did have an ambitious secret program to acquire every type of WMD to include the full complements of Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC).

https://www.amazon.com/Bomb-My-Garde.../dp/0471741272

The 'bomb' that Obeidi referred to were a pair of centrifuges that Saddam Hussein ordered him to bury in his home garden. The centrifuges were not for simple lab experiments but to separate out uranium isotopes, so acquiring them would definitely trigger international attention. Another material that would trigger international attention is maraging steel which is used from sporting equipment to building nuclear centrifuges. In the US, a purchase of maraging steel above a certain quantity would have the FBI knocking at your door. Obeidi was in charge of acquiring everything.

So under the UN context, Iraq was already guilty, not just charged, of trying to acquire WMD.

The problem was with the political context in that most believed that Iraq must have either functional nuclear components readied for assembly or already have an actual nuclear bomb.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:32 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,816,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
What would Obama be discussing?
The "flexibility" he'll have under his fourth term if Biden is re-elected.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:17 AM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
The problem was the context of the initial 'WMD'. The UN interpretation of WMD is not limited to just functional devices but to includes plans to do everything, from gathering materials to hiring people, up to short of assembling components into a functional device. To put in simpler terms, if WMD is a gun, everything would be the components laid out on the table. You would be the only one in the neighborhood to have just short of a gun while everyone else have sticks and stones.

When Iraq was under sanctions and inspections, no one, except Iraq, complained because IF the initials 'WMD' were technically just for fully assembled and functional nuclear devices, then the sanctions and inspections regimes were illegal to start because Iraq did not have even 1/2 of the necessary materials and people.

According to Iraq's chief nuclear scientist, Mahdi Obeidi, Iraq did have an ambitious secret program to acquire every type of WMD to include the full complements of Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC).

https://www.amazon.com/Bomb-My-Garde.../dp/0471741272

The 'bomb' that Obeidi referred to were a pair of centrifuges that Saddam Hussein ordered him to bury in his home garden. The centrifuges were not for simple lab experiments but to separate out uranium isotopes, so acquiring them would definitely trigger international attention. Another material that would trigger international attention is maraging steel which is used from sporting equipment to building nuclear centrifuges. In the US, a purchase of maraging steel above a certain quantity would have the FBI knocking at your door. Obeidi was in charge of acquiring everything.

So under the UN context, Iraq was already guilty, not just charged, of trying to acquire WMD.

The problem was with the political context in that most believed that Iraq must have either functional nuclear components readied for assembly or already have an actual nuclear bomb.
WMDs include biological and chemical weapons, too.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...in%20survivors.

Old 03-19-2024, 06:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,167 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Logan Act anyone?

Obama's Third Term Pic

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci has opened up on why Barack Obama visited 10 Downing Street stating on UK television that - “I think Obama is going to help Joe Biden in the coming months. He is probably expressing some sentiment from the White House to the prime minister about the coalition we need to have with the Ukrainian war.”

Personally I would suggest that Obama stay away from Britain and Europe, and that in reality no one wants to be part of a Biden led coalition or for NATO to be used in Ukraine, thereby increasing the prospect of WW3.

As for Biden he treated NATO allies with complete disdain in relation to the US withdrawal from Afghanistan, and close allies were not even informed about the withdrawal and were left in the lurch, and in terms of the so called special relationship Obama and his team would just smirk and laugh every time it was mentioned, whilst Biden has helped destroy what was left of the so called special relationship.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-19-2024 at 06:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies