Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 07:11 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
All stocks are always buy on speculation, sell on news.

With well established companies, you're buying on speculation that the stock will have a performance of X based on historical information in a given quarter, and you will get a return (likely low) because the risk is much lower.

On tech companies, you're buying an investment on what the company will be at X period of time in the future. Its a high risk investment, and likely more returns (or losses).

Tesla was trading and was worth (not sure if anymore) more than any other car company based on what it would be in the future, not now. That future has happened and you're seeing a retraction on it.

Truth Social is the Town Square for Republicans and Conservatives messaging. To have everything consolidated to get a consistent message out is worth a lot. As the election season heats up, people are going to download the app and Trump wins the Presidency, the world will download the app to hear what the leader of the Free World is going to say.

Truth Social is a pretty big deal.
It is to avid followers of DT but it has never made any money.

So, if you want to pay 50-70 dollars for stock in a company that makes nothing of value and makes no money, it’s your business.

Trump’s message? Same as in 2016-nothing new. Trump’s agenda is to go after his “enemies”. That seems like a personal problem. His enemies are not my enemies. Trump’s personal problems are his, not mine. He has nothing for me.

Even if I wanted to listen to what he has to say lately, I don’t have to be on Truth Social. Turn on any TV and you can hear it because the man CANNOT keep his mouth shut if his life depended on it.

Old 03-27-2024, 07:15 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I never understood why they made that claim, as Trump clearly had assets in excess of a billion even if he was not liquid.
Then again the judge and Fanni came up with an absurd valuation for Mar-a-lago saying Trump defrauded (I still don't know who) someone by exaggerating it's value.
Yet those two fools playing lawfair against him were so absurd, total anti-Trumpers were even say they were nuts and clearly out to get him because of their absurd valuation.

Heck as Mark Cuban just said (who is no fan of Trump), no one keeps that much cash as with inflation and not long ago almost a 0% interest rates on money, because you would lose a fortune. Instead Trump put his money into something safer, because he is after all a RE developer.

I am not on social media and wondered if Trump's investment in starting his own platform would be successful, and apparently it is.
Yet some TDS fools are upset that he is going to make money on it, which just goes to show what petty apparatchiks they are.
I think most of that RE is mortgaged to the hilt. He couldn’t borrow against the equity because…there was no equity.

Old 03-27-2024, 09:00 PM

1,959 posts, read 703,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
It is to avid followers of DT but it has never made any money.

So, if you want to pay 50-70 dollars for stock in a company that makes nothing of value and makes no money, it’s your business.

Trump’s message? Same as in 2016-nothing new. Trump’s agenda is to go after his “enemies”. That seems like a personal problem. His enemies are not my enemies. Trump’s personal problems are his, not mine. He has nothing for me.

Even if I wanted to listen to what he has to say lately, I don’t have to be on Truth Social. Turn on any TV and you can hear it because the man CANNOT keep his mouth shut if his life depended on it.
I guess you seldom follow tech stocks. Many tech companies made nothing and lost $ left and right, but their stock was worth billions.

It seems you did not know what happened to Twitter / Fox News when he was the POTUS.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:26 PM

31,927 posts, read 27,017,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I never understood why they made that claim, as Trump clearly had assets in excess of a billion even if he was not liquid.
Then again the judge and Fanni came up with an absurd valuation for Mar-a-lago saying Trump defrauded (I still don't know who) someone by exaggerating it's value.
Yet those two fools playing lawfair against him were so absurd, total anti-Trumpers were even say they were nuts and clearly out to get him because of their absurd valuation.

Heck as Mark Cuban just said (who is no fan of Trump), no one keeps that much cash as with inflation and not long ago almost a 0% interest rates on money, because you would lose a fortune. Instead Trump put his money into something safer, because he is after all a RE developer.

I am not on social media and wondered if Trump's investment in starting his own platform would be successful, and apparently it is.
Yet some TDS fools are upset that he is going to make money on it, which just goes to show what petty apparatchiks they are.
Other than himself and possible members of that family of his, no one knows exactly DT's net worth.

For ages the man has refused to let any independent source look at the books or otherwise examine state of his finances. Whenever "the Donald" needed financing he'd offer personal guarantees and or bits of real estate instead. Few if any banks would lend to DT on those grounds which is how Deutsche Bank became Trump's lender of choice. Having gone down that rabbit hole DB found itself entangled with DT because they were in so deep that couldn't refuse. If they tried DT would do what he had always done in past; threaten (or actually file) bankruptcy which would force lenders into a box.

Huge part of DT's wealth is tied to real estate holdings which are subject to different valuations depending upon who is doing the assessing. DT's troubles with NYS stem from his (so called) generous valuations of properties in aid of obtaining financing.

Ironically DT's latest source of wealth (Social whatever the eff it's called) is more of a definite source of wealth that can be tracked. As a publicly traded stock God and the world know what shares are worth on open market at any given point in time.

For all his supposed great wealth DT does not own a single private residence. All his "homes" are carved out of various real estate (golf/country clubs, hotels, condos, etc...) holdings.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:53 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,330,443 times
If Trump dumps his shares after the waiting period is over all his supporters be left with $2 stock. I guess his supporters careless as long as the money goes to Trump.

Old 03-28-2024, 12:08 AM

30,400 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If Trump dumps his shares after the waiting period is over all his supporters be left with $2 stock. I guess his supporters careless as long as the money goes to Trump.
You gotta admit, Trump making $5.6B on the day the Dems weaponized the Injustice System to steal $455M from him to interfere with our Democracy is pretty awesome.

Old 03-28-2024, 09:27 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,330,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You gotta admit, Trump making $5.6B on the day the Dems weaponized the Injustice System to steal $455M from him to interfere with our Democracy is pretty awesome.

Time will tell if the stock price lasts or not. Gamestop pump and dump it's $12 stock now. If Trump loses in November it will be a dump. I don't think he will sell it all. If he does make him look bad crashes the stock price.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:36 PM

10,496 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Quote:
Trump cant sell his shares until September 2024. Additionally, if Trump wins the Presidency again, Truth Social will be $500 stock.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:39 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump cant sell his shares until September 2024. Additionally, if Trump wins the Presidency again, Truth Social will be $500 stock.
Unless the board votes to let him to sell his shares before that,

As the board is primarily family members and so forth, this shouldn't be too hard.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:46 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Technically I don't think he needs to wait the six months, but he would need specific approval to do so from the board of directors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies