Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2024, 09:03 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,519,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Don’t fret.
Somewhere, “they” are scrambling to put the kabosh on the TS thing.
No way they’re gonna just let this happen.
why not?
Stock holders (long) hope that this will be successful.
Stock option/shorts will bet on failure.

Personally I hope this will be a successful company.
Trump is going to pay a hefty tax on capital gains. Possible No taxes if his stock sales is below conversion price. With the shares he owns personally along with his cohorts, selling will be a challenge, after lockup.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:12 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 2 days ago)

1,311 posts, read 652,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Lmao

The only rat you smell is the NY AG and Engoron.
Them plus bragg and the mayor..all vermin with rabies.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:13 PM

771 posts, read 300,545 times
Quote:
Don’t fret.
Somewhere, “they” are scrambling to put the kabosh on the TS thing.
No way they’re gonna just let this happen.
Nobody is worried about TS being relevant. You don't need a degree from Trump University to know that most of his business ventures end up in bankruptcy or embroiled in lawsuits.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:58 PM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Nobody is worried about TS being relevant. You don't need a degree from Trump University to know that most of his business ventures end up in bankruptcy or embroiled in lawsuits.
What the what?

Old 03-23-2024, 05:50 AM

771 posts, read 300,545 times
Quote:
What the what?
Aren't you claiming the deep state or someone else for that matter is out to destroy TS? TS has a declining user base and is hemorrhaging money at this time. Of course that's not going to stop Donald from getting his cash out of this deal, but the average investor is likely to be holding worthless stock in a year or so.

Old 03-23-2024, 05:56 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,222,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
He can't sell the stock for 6 months. Additionally, there are incentives on the stock based on performance.

Trump can take loans out against the value of the stock, but really cannot sell. Just like any stock, any stock sales are planned way in advance.

Trump likely won't be selling any of stock through his Presidency. This business is his protected voice.
As I understand it the lockup prohibits taking loans against the stock as well, but I believe the Board could waive that. I guess we'll see how cozy the Board is with Trump (I understand they are largely loyalists). Trump would also still need to find a lender willing to put up that much money against the stock, which I think might be harder than against his real estate assets. The stock is overvalued based on Trump Social's financial results.

Old 03-23-2024, 06:43 AM

57,311 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Lol. Now they’re really gonna go after him. Gotta stop him from getting that financial infusion that’ll keep him afloat. That unpaid parking ticket on Queens Boulevard from 1976…5.6B in fines, penalties, surcharges and interest. Plus 45 days in the slammer for being a scofflaw.
You didn't bother to read the article, he can't touch it for 6 months. He will still have to sell off properties, easiest path would be for Kushner to loan him the money and he can pay back in 6 months, but then he couldn't claim victimhood.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:13 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
Risk factors: Bankruptcy, failure and jail
Investors in Trump Media & Technology Group are buying shares in a fledgling social media business that booked $3.3 million in revenue for the first nine months of 2023, according to a regulatory filing.

But like many other tech startups, Trump Media is hemorrhaging money, with its losses mounting to $49 million

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-t...ock-value-djt/

How many people who think this is great news for Trump would put half of their retirement savings in Truth Social?
He'll take the money and leave every one holding the bag like always. Trump just figured out that he can make a lot more money running his mouth than being a motel manager or a politician who keeps losing. If he loses this time around Truth Social investors will also lose. Advertisers won't pay to be associated with a loser. By the time the real poll numbers start to matter it will be too late.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:17 AM

20,058 posts, read 20,872,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You didn't bother to read the article, he can't touch it for 6 months. He will still have to sell off properties, easiest path would be for Kushner to loan him the money and he can pay back in 6 months, but then he couldn't claim victimhood.
I did. What I wrote is still relevant.

Old 03-23-2024, 09:35 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Never truth’d tried rumbl once and was meh just not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies