Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 10:55 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times

Advertisements

Feel free to include anyone from the school board to the president.

As a young man I was a registered democrat, but that changed after Jimmy Carter... who I did vote for. So as a republican, the last non republican presidential candidate I voted for was, Bill Clinton's second term, but voted for Bush I first time. I also voted for Bob Graham twice for governor and twice for senator ... so he was the last democrat I voted for.

I won't vote dem ever again, the way things are going. I now regret voting for Carter, thought Clinton did a good job for the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM

4,389 posts, read 1,697,255 times
I voted for a GOP Representative. He is still my rep. I did not vote for him a second time, but don't regret voting for him the first time, he was the best choice at the time.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Louisiana Senator John Breaux

Old 03-23-2024, 11:11 AM

1,017 posts, read 521,419 times
Bill Clinton for president, 1992. I went through a lot of "Why are we here?" head space gyrations as a gun toting grunt in Desert Storm, and thought Clinton would be less prone to get us into more shooting wars. Silly me.

Voted libertarian candidates for Prez since 2008. Is that considered "other"?

Last edited by AZ Desert Guy; 03-23-2024 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 11:15 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
I used to go for whoever I felt would do the best job regardless of affiliation.
Now? It’s like why even bother.
Democrats are lying cheating communists and Republicans are incompetent passive aggressive spineless morons. Independent’s don’t stand a chance ever, so why bother?
No matter who or what, it’s a losing situation.
I think I’m just gonna tap out. No point anymore because, does our vote really count anymore? I don’t think so.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:15 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,224,761 times
George Bush II. Though he lacked experience and seemed a little too empty in the head for the job, I thought Cheney, a trusted family friend and confidant, would be able to guide him. Silly me.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:16 AM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
I voted for the Republican candidate for my county clerk in 2018. I felt he'd done a good job and really revamped things in a good way--for example, instead of people waiting all day at county offices for DMV or passports and such, you can get online an make an appointment in advance. So instead of going into a madhouse and waiting forever, I've been about to make my appointment, walk in, get taken care of, and be out in 15 minutes. And the county employees certainly seemed more relaxed--you know how they tend to be sort of snippy and irritable at times? Once they went to the appointment system, they seemed much calmer and more pleasant.

The Democrat who ran against him actually worked in the offices, and she had been saying at one event that the appointment system wasn't working for the employees. I had asked her to explain the issue for the employees, (as I said, I thought the employees appreciated the appointment system, but I figured if she was one of them, she saw something that I didn't.) and she didn't really have a satisfactory answer, in my opinion.

So I voted for the Republican, but the Democrat candidate won. However, the appointment system remained in place (I still don't know why she didn't like it, but her fellow county employees all did, and so does the general public), so she didn't tear it down.

BTW, for those wondering, you *can* still walk in, but you will be subjected to waiting when they have time for you. People do cancel appointments, don't show up, and something I've noticed with the appointment system is the employees seem to be able to work more quickly and efficiently, so it may be that I have a 10:15 appointment, and I'm done at 10:20, so they tell the 10:30 they can take them now, and they're done with them by 10:25, so they end up with some open gaps in their day, if that makes sense.

Technically, I did vote for the GOP candidate for county coroner a few years after that, but they were the *only* candidate, and as far as I'm concerned, if you're willing to deal with dead bodies all the live-long day, more power to you.

Last edited by Indigo Cardinal; 03-23-2024 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-23-2024, 11:20 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,803 times
I'm currently Independent. I was a registered Republican for over 20 years until MAGA took over, so now I vote mostly Democrats unless there's a non-MAGA Republican option. In 2022, I voted for Republican Lanhee Chen for California State Controller.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:30 AM

4,546 posts, read 2,268,564 times
Never voted democrat in my life but I did vote for Ross Perot in 1992

Old 03-23-2024, 11:33 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Voted for one Dem in my life. I'm NOT a Republican. I'm an Independent. The one Dem was a state senator named Joe Dini.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies