Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 09:58 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times

Advertisements

Has anyone read all 900 pages of the Conservative plan to govern from day #1?

I'm only on page 50, & am considering finishing it.

Has anyone taken any of the online courses?

Anyone signed up to actually go to DC to help implement the plan, if Trump wins?

It's a big investment of time, so before I delve any deeper, I'd like to hear from others who have already done so.

Any feedback from those who have read at least 50 pages, would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 11:11 AM

15,427 posts, read 7,482,091 times
I can't find a link to a free pdf version. I am not about to give those fools money to read their drivel. Free, or pay me to read it are their choices.

The Heritage Foundation website indicates that it's typical far right hogwash based on a drug induced vision of the US in the 1950's, where being White made you perfect and those pesky minorities and gays knew their place and kept to it.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:17 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
I am going to offer a course on internet searching one of these days.

You are welcome.

Project 2025 - Mandate For Leadership - The Conservative Promise

I have never heard of this - I will give it a quick surfing at some point this week.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:43 AM

In the section "A Note on Project 2025"

To execute requires a well-conceived, coordinated, unified plan and a trained and committed cadre of personnel to implement it. In recent election cycles, presidential candidates normally began transition planning in the late spring of election year or even after the party’s nomination was secured. That is too late. The federal government’s complexity and growth advance at a seemingly logarithmic rate every four years. For conservatives to have a fighting chance to take on the Administrative State and reform our federal government, the work must start now. The entirety of this effort is to support the next conservative President, whoever he or she may be.

I think you have to focus on elections every two years and deal with getting the right people in Congress as well.

For a president to get things done through laws (more binding) and not regulations (can swing every 4 years), you need a willing Congress to go along with the plan.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:07 PM

256 posts, read 116,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In the section "A Note on Project 2025"

To execute requires a well-conceived, coordinated, unified plan and a trained and committed cadre of personnel to implement it. In recent election cycles, presidential candidates normally began transition planning in the late spring of election year or even after the party’s nomination was secured. That is too late. The federal government’s complexity and growth advance at a seemingly logarithmic rate every four years. For conservatives to have a fighting chance to take on the Administrative State and reform our federal government, the work must start now. The entirety of this effort is to support the next conservative President, whoever he or she may be.

I think you have to focus on elections every two years and deal with getting the right people in Congress as well.

For a president to get things done through laws (more binding) and not regulations (can swing every 4 years), you need a willing Congress to go along with the plan.
You are right. Not just the House either, but the Senate too. To fire the unfire-able beauracrats in DC will take full control of the White House, House, and Senate, & possible DC Judges too.

Draining the swamp will be a massive undertaking, & will require a small army of determined Conservatives.

I've been aware of Project 2025, and have skim read a lot of it, but not every page. 900 pages...geez...how about a condensed version?

I'm glad a plan exists though, and that they're actively recruiting the army now.

I know they have people from 80 Conservative orgs on board, and are recruiting in every state for people to come to DC if Trump wins. I wonder how much they're paying? People have bills to pay yah know.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:17 PM

4 broad fronts of the plan

1. Restore the family as the centerpiece of American life and protect our children.
2. Dismantle the administrative state and return self-governance to the American people.
3. Defend our nation’s sovereignty, borders, and bounty against global threats.
4. Secure our God-given individual rights to live freely—what our Constitution calls “the Blessings of Liberty.”

The first two on the list can't be done with government as the primary driver of change.

People have to believe that family is an important building block of a healthy culture.

People have to determine how they want to be governed. And government servants need to be elected that believe in smaller government.

------------

Regarding the family - here it is on page 4

Furthermore, the next conservative President must understand that using government alone to respond to symptoms of the family crisis is a dead end.

But then immediately they contradict themselves by suggesting federal power can save the family.

Federal power must instead be wielded to reverse the crisis and rescue America’s kids from familial breakdown. The Conservative Promise includes dozens of specific policies to accomplish this existential task.

Some are obvious and long-standing goals like eliminating marriage penalties in federal welfare programs and the tax code and installing work requirements for food stamps. But we must go further. It’s time for policymakers to elevate family authority, formation, and cohesion as their top priority and even use government power, including through the tax code, to restore the American family.

In their opinion, many people are driven by financial decisions with regards to how they behave.

I suppose many black families were ruined because of the financial "benefit" of welfare programs. So they are taking a similar approach to rebuild the family. I don't think it will have the same effect.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 12-18-2023 at 02:36 PM..

Old 12-18-2023, 02:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The Heritage Foundation website indicates that it's typical far right hogwash based on a drug induced vision of the US in the 1950's, where being White made you perfect and those pesky minorities and gays knew their place and kept to it.
How so?

Old 12-18-2023, 02:31 PM

256 posts, read 116,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
4 broad fronts of the plan

1. Restore the family as the centerpiece of American life and protect our children.
2. Dismantle the administrative state and return self-governance to the American people.
3. Defend our nation’s sovereignty, borders, and bounty against global threats.
4. Secure our God-given individual rights to live freely—what our Constitution calls “the Blessings of Liberty.”

The first two on the list can't be done with government as the primary driver of change.

People have to believe that family is an important building block of a healthy culture.

People have to determine how they want to be governed. And government servants need to be elected that believe in smaller government.
Even if the voters elect gov't servants that want to shrink gov't, they need to bring in at least 100,000 people from outside DC to get it done. The swamp will not fire themselves.

The laws need to be changed, then hundreds of Thousands must be fired and shown the door.

Law enforcement from outside DC may be required to do it. The DOJ & FBI leadership may refuse to enforce the new laws.

I predict that if Trump wins, the House stays Red, and the Senate flips, this will NOT be a smooth orderly transition.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:38 PM

15,427 posts, read 7,482,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
How so?
Read their words. Elimination of anti-discrimination laws, use of biased intelligence tests for government hiring, forced birth for all women, with no abortions allowed anywhere in the United States.

Old 12-18-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalconsequence View Post
Even if the voters elect gov't servants that want to shrink gov't, they need to bring in at least 100,000 people from outside DC to get it done. The swamp will not fire themselves.

The laws need to be changed, then hundreds of Thousands must be fired and shown the door.

Law enforcement from outside DC may be required to do it. The DOJ & FBI leadership may refuse to enforce the new laws.

I predict that if Trump wins, the House stays Red, and the Senate flips, this will NOT be a smooth orderly transition.
The laws need to be changed... that's Congress.

DOJ and FBI may not cooperate? The heads of those departments change with the president. Congress can change laws so that gov't personnel can be removed.

It took years to get a bad government enacted with this much control. It will take a while to reverse it.

The Marxists play the long game. People who want a decent government have to do the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies