Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 04:58 PM

4,050 posts, read 2,131,639 times

Advertisements

If the most expensive apples sell for $3.50 a pound, that would make the $7 apple 2 pounds, which that apple certainly wasn’t..most are 1/3 a pound at most.

I tried to google whether apples in NY are really $7. Couldn’t find a thing. Probably just a stunt to get attention and not grounded in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2024, 05:52 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Understandable if you drive on the roller coaster Parkway, with people skipping traffic signals by using the on ramp, but never entering the main line. You never know what they're going to do.
It's not just the Parkway. It's some of those smaller roads going into northern Madison County, or taking 72 East through Gurley.

Old 04-21-2024, 01:49 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Video in tweet.

She knew the apple was $7 and she still bought it? That's on her.

Sugarbee apples are about $3.50/lb here. That's a fat apple she's holding. Probably more than a pound in weight.

Aside from the apple, and inflation, I see a lot of women in these videos with horrible pottymouths. What's going on? It's very unbecoming and indicative of bad parenting.

Why are they so comfortable speaking that way knowing the Internet never forgets?
She's easy on the eyes but annoying as hell to listen to what with all the f's, fg's etc.

Makes me appreciate the lady I married even more.

Old 04-21-2024, 03:40 PM

7,320 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Such bad behaviour? She’s a grown adult choosing to use a bit of spicy language, like a zillion other people do on a daily basis.

She’s not doing anything wrong.

She’s not violent or inflammatory. She’s not threatening or trying to intimidate. She’s not defaming anyone.

Women are allowed to swear, in the year of Our Lord 2024. If you don’t like it, there’s plenty of SM of those demure ladies who don prairie dresses and bake endless pies, posting dreamy pictures of their long hair in the sunlight and toddler on the hip, longing for the days on the farm where they can float around in trad wife bliss (never acknowledging the cow poo all around, both literally and figuratively).

Perhaps those women are more your speed, no need to chastise as I’m sure their obedience to the menfolk has already cubed their tongues.

There’s all sorts of women out there who won’t offend one’s delicate sensibilities.
Spoken like no father of daughters ever.

Old 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,574,906 times
She could grow her own apple, of course that would take years and she would have to register her tree with the federal government.

Old 04-21-2024, 04:13 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
ugg,..and she has that affectation thing with the rising ending of each sentence like a question.

I hope she is just doing a 'character' here. Otherwise, that is a red flag. I wouldn't wanna be her spouse stuck with that every day.

Coming home, complaining about apples like I did it.
That's "Uptalking"- it's quite common among liberals. Given that they lack confidence and are unsure of their position, every statement is posed as a question.

It's just another irritating characteristic of libs. Others are "far standers", who stand ten feet behind the next person in line (pre-Covid) so you can't tell whether they are in line or not, and obsession with correcting spelling errors, which shows their "intellectual superiority" by exhibiting command of the trivial.

Of course, the main characteristic of liberals is ALWAYS wanting everyone else to know THEIR position (on anything) and ruining social occasions by always talking about politics.

Quite miserable, unhappy people in general.

Old 04-21-2024, 05:03 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
It's $3.99/lb so it was a big apple.

Can she not do math ? Does she know how to use a scale ?

Buy boujee apples....pay boujee prices.

Old 04-21-2024, 05:05 PM

7,320 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It's $3.99/lb so it was a big apple.

Can she not do math ? Does she know how to use a scale ?

Buy boujee apples....pay boujee prices.
She knows the math of getting more clicks.

Old 04-21-2024, 05:09 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
She knows the math of getting more clicks.
A smart person would have just put it back.

A really smart person wouldn't be shopping in "Whole Paycheck"

Old 04-21-2024, 05:20 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
If the most expensive apples sell for $3.50 a pound, that would make the $7 apple 2 pounds, which that apple certainly wasn’t..most are 1/3 a pound at most.

I tried to google whether apples in NY are really $7. Couldn’t find a thing. Probably just a stunt to get attention and not grounded in reality.
There was a thread by a guy crying about grocery prices being insanely high in the US.

After pinning them down they admitted to shopping at Whole Foods in Tampa and then I googled it and found the same prices they'd paid in Europe at the Walmart 3 blocks away from it.

So, I can absolutely see an apple for $7 at a boutique grocer labeled organic, cruelty free, hand picked artisinal by people with masters degrees in horticulture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies