Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM

16,686 posts, read 8,682,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
AstraZeneca withdrawing Covid vaccine worldwide

The Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid vaccine is being withdrawn worldwide, months after the pharmaceutical giant admitted for the first time in court documents that it can cause a rare and dangerous side effect.

Vaxzevria has come under intense scrutiny in recent months over a very rare side effect, which causes blood clots and low blood platelet counts. AstraZeneca admitted in court documents lodged with the High Court in February that the vaccine “can, in very rare cases, cause TTS”.

TTS – which stands for Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome – has been linked to at least 81 deaths in the UK as well as hundreds of serious injuries. AstraZeneca is being sued by more than 50 alleged victims and grieving relatives in a High Court case.

But AstraZeneca has insisted the decision to withdraw the vaccine is not linked to the court case or its admission that it can cause TTS. It said the timing was pure coincidence.

Yes - it is coincidence that they are withdrawing this shot. Never mind the fact that countries were moving away from this because of the harmful side effects years ago which surely affected their bottom line.
So that makes two of the supposed safe and effective experimental vector jabs pulled from the market with at least two more being banned or restricted in other countries. But don't forget to get your boosters every year that you are still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y34NWEf0Hd4&t=244s

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

18,871 posts, read 8,518,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"100% safe and no side effects" according to big Pharma and their Democrat Supporters
Nope!

Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

18,871 posts, read 8,518,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Yep! Don't forget about so many were "following the science" as well, and deemed any questions or concerns as folks buying into "conspiracy theories" and/or folks being "anti-vaccine."
In the USA we were all anti-this vaccine from early on.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM

9,954 posts, read 4,704,531 times
Out of sight out of mind. They're disappearing it. A defacto under the radar admission there were consequential side effects.

If a drug is just pulled it's either totally unprofitable/not worth it to produce or side effects they want to pubicly avoid admitting to.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
The above blood clot issues were found early on, and that vaccine never took off in the USA.
I seem to recall the US vaccines including Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, which used messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) to stimulate an immune response being far more controversial at the time than more traditional vector vaccines.

The the UK government stopped using the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine in winter 2021. In May 2024, AstraZeneca withdrew the vaccine, now called Vaxzevria, from sale in other countries.

Evidence showed that mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, are more effective at boosting protection from Covid-19, and these vaccines have also been updated to tackle more recent Covid-19 variants, hence the withdrawal of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The AstraZeneca Covid vaccine was a vector vaccine as opposed to an mRNA vaccine.

Different types of COVID-19 vaccines: How they work - Mayo Clinic

Viral vector-based vaccines use a harmless virus to smuggle the instructions for making antigens from the disease-causing virus into cells, triggering protective immunity against it.

mRNA vaccines use mRNA that directs cells to produce copies of a protein on the outside of the coronavirus known as the “spike protein”.

mRNA stands for messenger RiboNucleic Acid and is the single stranded molecule that carries the instructions to make proteins. It has a fundamental and essential role that makes our bodies function and is found in all living cells.

Last edited by Brave New World; Yesterday at 10:26 AM..

Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM

13,663 posts, read 4,969,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I seem to recall the US vaccines including Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, which used messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) to stimulate an immune response being far more controversial at the time than more traditional vector vaccines.

The the UK government stopped using the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine in winter 2021. In May 2024, AstraZeneca withdrew the vaccine, now called Vaxzevria, from sale in other countries.

Evidence showed that mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, are more effective at boosting protection from Covid-19, and these vaccines have also been updated to tackle more recent Covid-19 variants, hence the withdrawal of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The AstraZeneca Covid vaccine was a vector vaccine as opposed to an mRNA vaccine.

Different types of COVID-19 vaccines: How they work - Mayo Clinic

Viral vector-based vaccines use a harmless virus to smuggle the instructions for making antigens from the disease-causing virus into cells, triggering protective immunity against it.

mRNA vaccines use mRNA that directs cells to produce copies of a protein on the outside of the coronavirus known as the “spike protein”.

mRNA stands for messenger RiboNucleic Acid and is the single stranded molecule that carries the instructions to make proteins. It has a fundamental and essential role that makes our bodies function and is found in all living cells.
I wouldn't call vector vaccines "traditional". Traditional vaccines contain dead or attenuated virus, or protein subunits of the virus. Vaccines like the AZ one, that use viral vectors to deliver DNA to cells, have been around a bit longer than RNA vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna's, but they also are novel. Injecting someone with a modified simian adenovirus just seems inherently riskier than injecting a lipid nanoparticle, if you ask me.

Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM

11,769 posts, read 6,136,845 times
Nobody is dying from Covid anymore anyway. Vaccines are a joke at this point. Well, they always were a joke but at least they could scare some people into taking it by all of the "deaths WITH Covid.

World deaths from Covid are approaching zero. They can't make any money off their lies anymore, so why keep producing it just to expire on store shelves?

They will have to wait for the next plandemic, change the formula a skosh, and then scare the sheeple into taking the new "vaccine".

Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM

49 posts, read 18,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Which did not happen during COVID as millions of people were forced to get a vaccine to go about their daily lives. And when possible side effects were brought up were told that they weren't following the "science" and that was just a lot of anti-vax right-wing conspiracy theories. And that is what these vaccines in. The Government put out a huge disinformation campaign, suppressing valid concerns and pushing falsehoods in order to get people to take these vaccines.

Every vaccine has possible side effects. But as in terms of the Cancer Drugs that is more of a case of which is the lesser of two evils. If for example, COVID killed 95% of the people who contracted it, people may have been willing to accept these possible side effects after looking at the risk versus the benefit. But the risk of COVID to a vast majority of the population was no worse than a flu bug.
THIS

People are saying "well, lots of drugs, vaccines and treatments have side effects". Yes, but noone is forcing other vaccines or other medical treatments on anyone, unless you have some severe mental issues and you committed a serious crime and the court ordered you to take certain medications, but that is a different story. That's why it was always called "medical advice". The doctor can tell you what he/she thinks is the best for you, prescribe something, but you are under no obligation to take it. You can always think about it, get a second opinion, read side effects and then weigh all the risks and benefits and decide what's best for you. Noone is fired, not allowed to see loved ones at nursing homes or prohibited from travelling if they don't take some medication their doctor has prescribed. That's how this vaccine should have been treated. Some people were at risk, and some people were really scared of covid, so I think it's good that the vaccine was available and free. Some of us don't need it. I'm only in my 30s and healthy. Covid already has a 99% survival rate overall, and for someone in my situation, the chances of death or any serious illness is close to zero. So why play with my health with some experimental vaccine that was approved for emergency use? I don't take flu shots either for the same reason, but have no problem with vaccines from serious diseases such as polio or measles. Got all other vaccines up to date, and if there was a new cancer vaccine created, I'd probably consider that. Still will need more time to think about it and weigh all pros and cons, but that's a possibility. Yet, according to some, I'm a stupid far right anti vaxxer and conspiracy theorist who has to be banned from everything. Glad the truth is slowly coming out though

Old Yesterday, 03:24 PM

18,225 posts, read 15,771,626 times
A.Z. vaccine was never available in the U.S.

Also, it did not use the mRNA platform, for those who keep track of things like that. It was never a popular vaccine, as it had a smaller distribution than other vaccines.

* Every vaccine and every medicine ever created and approved by the FDA has at least one side effect for some small segment of people. That's just the nature of drug therapy and inoculations. This includes the polio vax, and all the others.

Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I wouldn't call vector vaccines "traditional". Traditional vaccines contain dead or attenuated virus, or protein subunits of the virus. Vaccines like the AZ one, that use viral vectors to deliver DNA to cells, have been around a bit longer than RNA vaccines like Pfizer and Moderna's, but they also are novel. Injecting someone with a modified simian adenovirus just seems inherently riskier than injecting a lipid nanoparticle, if you ask me.

I think a better term of phrase would have been well-established vaccine technology rather than traditional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.