Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times

Advertisements

Well I'm not going to criticize the business deal, because its money coming back to the USA, I'd prefer if the money for this deal was coming from Americans.

S.W.F. Seeks Chrysler Building - Portfolio.com

Abu Dhabi Investment Council is negotiating an $800 million deal for a 75 percent stake in the Chrysler Building.

the Abu Dhabi Investment Council's larger sister, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority took a 4.9 percent stake in Citigroup for $7.5 billion

General Motors Building, has just closed. Mort Zuckerman, along with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and funds based in Qatar and Kuwait bought that building for $2.9 billion.

The fund, with an estimated $875 billion in assets

So we buy oil from the arabs at an inflated rate, because we cant drill for oil here, and they use our own money to buy our own assets from us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 08:02 PM

177 posts, read 543,773 times
Quote:
So we buy oil from the arabs at an inflated rate, because we cant drill for oil here, and they use our own money to buy our own assets from us.
This has been the trend for a LONG time...

the US will eventually be runned by China and the middle east.

We've gone from the world biggest creditor, to the worlds biggest debtor..

we deserve it for living in excess and ignorance. It's amazing people still believe the US is the worlds greatest country...

Old 06-11-2008, 08:06 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well I'm not going to criticize the business deal, because its money coming back to the USA, I'd prefer if the money for this deal was coming from Americans.

Abu Dhabi Investment Council is negotiating an $800 million deal for a 75 percent stake in the Chrysler Building.

the Abu Dhabi Investment Council's larger sister, the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority took a 4.9 percent stake in Citigroup for $7.5 billion

General Motors Building, has just closed. Mort Zuckerman, along with Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and funds based in Qatar and Kuwait bought that building for $2.9 billion.

The foreigners have a LOT of these green paper IOU nothings called US dollars and they're using them to buy stuff.

The tidal wave of fiat currency is washing back ashore. Budweiser is going DOWN soon (be bought out)

Old 06-11-2008, 08:13 PM

532 posts, read 1,231,722 times
I'm surprised it's taken the world this long to start buying the US corporations and the US real estate. These things are dirt cheap to them now.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
I'm surprised it's taken the world this long to start buying the US corporations and the US real estate. These things are dirt cheap to them now.
My suspicion is that it'll get much much cheaper in the near future.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:42 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times
Might want to take a look who owed america the most when russia wanted to obsolve itself of all it's debts in the 90's.

But they're doing it this way instead.
Liquid Courage — The American, A Magazine of Ideas

Old 06-11-2008, 11:48 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times
WORLD BUSINESS BRIEFING; Russia: Chief Executive Raises Stake In Lukoil - New York Times

Old 06-12-2008, 12:12 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,780,768 times
I'm on board with what you said except for this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
...we deserve it for living in excess and ignorance.
...I don't deserve it nor do millions of working Americans who have fought hard to sustain this nation only to let the powers-that-be take it down out of negligence and for their own pleasure and greed. Most of us do not live in excess. As a matter of fact, we're budgeting every penny to make ends meet and, still, we're just getting by. Do we deserve it? Hell no. For once, I'd like to know what excess is like.

Millions and millions of Americans are hurting and will continue to hurt who have never known the concept of excess. It's getting worse, and no one in Washington appears to care. If ignorance is voicing the only voice we have by voting and writing letters to those who claim to manage this country well, then let the ignorant give up on government and overthrow it. Because if the economy continues to spiral down the track it is now on, those 'ignorant and deserving' Americans who entrusted this nation's leaders with power will eventually lose all faith in American government when they finally are unable to put food on the table.

Mind you, CrazyJay, I'm hoping and guessing you did not mean 'ALL' Americans deserve this mess. But I've heard this 'deserve' bit before and it struck a chord. America doesn't deserve to suffer at the hand of corporate and foreign greed inasmuch as America deserve terrorist attacks killing thousands of souls.

However, it is indeed time that the American voice be heard in large numbers and that's gonna take getting off our American butts and give Washington a piece of our mind. Collectively. Loud and firm!

Old 06-12-2008, 05:22 AM

358 posts, read 518,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

all this tells me is that we need to start drilling more inside of our own borders and seas for use in the USA.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losertarian View Post
all this tells me is that we need to start drilling more inside of our own borders and seas for use in the USA.
This won't affect the situation much, but I agree that increased drilling in addition to decreased consumption could work together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies