Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:13 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
My, my all the judgement by those who weren't there. The stories I've read don't give much detail except that the first people who stopped were elderly, the man wouldn't stop after a warning by police( he SOUNDED out of control, maybe on drugs?)...NONE of us can judge those people who were there (except for the murderer). We don't know the circumstances, we don't know what those people saw or what they tried to do. But it is sheer stupidity to blame an entire state for the actions of a few....this could've happened anywhere. Let's think of all the babies blown apart in Iraq....have you tried to help them?
Keep making excuses for them. Let's see what you say if it's ever your child or loved one beat to death... with people watching feigning helplessness.

I hope you get everything you deserve... That is, dependence on people who are indifferent to your suffering. I hope you or someone close to you is a victim and you're left making these claims that you can't judge the people who didn't intervene and you can't judge the people who don't come forward as witnesses because, really, you can't expect them to risk retribution for being a witness.

I just don't understand you people. I was raised bad... I mean, like dirt with no values whatsoever. I was absolute scum for the better half of my life and I still never had beliefs like yours... "I can't judge another."

In our hearts, we still know right from wrong. There's something instinctual that drives us to protect those who can't protect themselves and there's something instinctual that drives us to reject those who fail to fulfill that expectation. I can't fathom what kind of inferior person fails to hold people to that standard.

It was a baby... and you're trying to make excuses for the cowardice that stood by and watched it being murdered? Lord, this is the consequence of a people with too much material wealth. You've forgotten what's important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
You really just don't get it. There is no singular culture, hell, large portions of the people out here don't even speak the same language. You could spend an entire lifetime on the West Coast and not fully understand the multitude of cultural differences that make up the population. Is everybody good? No. Are most people good? Absolutely.
This is an obvious miscommunication. I believe that life is too short for me to not make generalizations. Generalizations are rational. Generalization save that limited resource we're all desperate for: time.

Are most people on the left coast cowards? In my experience, yes. This story reinforces that belief.

Are there decent people on the left coast? I don't know... However, not in my experience. They're all scum who put political expedience before morality.

Am I open-minded? Yes... However, I wouldn't mind the loss of those potential few if it meant the whole coast sliding into the ocean with all it's inhabitants.

Quote:
You don't know any of this. You've interpreted a news article, and fabricated your own story to fit your personally stilted view of reality. The officer had to use deadly force to stop the perpetrator, and if it only required barely more than "minimal effort" to stop, why didn't he just tackle the man and put him in handcuffs? Although, that wouldn't fit you're "I hate the West Coast, and I'll lie as much possible until somebody believes me" attitude, would it?
I know that when I was about 12 years old, I stepped between a 6'+ man who was well over 250lbs to take a beating that a three year old boy was about to take. If, at 12 years old, I was brave enough... I don't think it's too much to expect adults to do the same.

Cowardfornia.

Quote:
At this point, I think I've been had. I have a hard time believing that you could be so completely bigoted against 47,000,000 people (counting Oregon and Washington). If this is all just one big troll post, intended to rile up some West Coast folks, then you sir have very poor taste indeed.
If you think for a second that the left coast isn't practically a different planet from most of the country, then you are sorely under experienced.

Quote:
Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.
Such a convenient argument against Christians, isn't it? The problem is that it needs context to be meaningful... otherwise, it's only adequate to deter uninformed fools. If you're going to quote the Bible, you should at least read it and understand what you're quoting.

Quote:
Utopia won't develop out of judgment, because fear of judgment is only strong enough to make people work hard enough not to be judged.
Cite sources please.

Quote:
It's not your place to set standards for others.
Where'd you get that one? Source please.

Civilization is an agreement between two people... over and over. Civilization is an agreement that you and I will behave according to a set of expectations. If you want society to be better, then you behave better and you hold others to an expectation that they be better.

When you tolerate a failure to meet your expectations, then civilization slides back... The person who fails you fails the next person. The next person begins to slide... and on and on.

If you care for future generations-- your children-- then you choose to uphold higher values. If you don't care about the least suffering of future generations, then you, as you're doing, turn your back on values.

People are malleable. If one thing is in style-- if it's respected by others-- they will aspire to it. If it's out of style-- if it's rejected by others-- they too will reject it. That's just part of our instinctual herd mentality. You're encouraging a decline... In a sense, you're encouraging that people stand by while babies are murdered...

Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,633,586 times
Quote:
Are most people on the left coast cowards? In my experience, yes.
California has lost more residents in the Iraq War (439) than any other state in the union, including two from Turlock. You consider that cowardice? Why?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
California has lost more residents in the Iraq War (439) than any other state in the union, including two from Turlock. You consider that cowardice? Why?
That's stupid.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:24 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,633,586 times
You said:

Quote:
Are there decent people on the left coast? I don't know... However, not in my experience. They're all scum who put political expedience before morality.
Which implies that all those Californians who died while serving in the military are

Quote:
all scum who put political expedience before morality.
Does it not?

Old 06-17-2008, 04:29 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,560 times
All I can say is that people willing to sit & watch this crap are in fact accepting it. Are there good brave souls in CA? Not where needed that day.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
You said:

Which implies that all those Californians who died while serving in the military are

Does it not?
Were they on the left coast when they died? Guess not.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:23 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,966,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
A man parked his truck on a country road outside Turlock Saturday night, removed a baby boy from a car seat and then beat the child to death in the street, fighting off passersby who tried to stop him until he was gunned down by a police officer whose helicopter landed in a nearby pasture, police said today.
The 27-year-old suspect, who lived in Turlock, died almost immediately where he fell. The child, who according to police appeared to be 12 to 24 months old, was rushed to a hospital but was soon pronounced dead as well.

Police officials declined to identify the man and said they were not yet certain who the child was - or in what way, if any, he was related to his attacker. The Stanislaus County coroner's office told police that the agency may have to identify the boy through a DNA test because he was beaten beyond recognition.Man kills baby and is shot to death by police (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/15/BAJT119MI5.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)

Isnt this a happy freckin Fathers day???????????
Its too bad this scumbag wasn't beat to death rather than shot. They should have beat him to within an inch of his life, then hung him by his nuts and left him to die.

I just don't understand some people. How could anyone hurt a child, nevermind something this horrifying and disgusting?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
How about fear, anger and desperation in the US society.
Quite a contributing factor, I would believe.
There's no excuse for something this disgusting. The alarming amount of babies who are killed and beaten is plenty of justification for expanding the death penalty...and making it more brutal....public stonings and hangings should make a comeback for these bottom feeders who kill and abuse kids.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
All I can say is that people willing to sit & watch this crap are in fact accepting it. Are there good brave souls in CA? Not where needed that day.

Anyone who witnessed this event and did not intervene doesn't deserve the air they breathe. If I saw this scumbag doing this, I would have beat the living crap out of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies