Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:58 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,914 times

Advertisements

This country is a friggin' whackjob. You're going to pull out all the stops and cry and whine and think that a law will make the guilt stop. The guilt only stops when you erase what you know is right. Humans have guilt for a reason. You're going to try to drag everyone in to it for sympathy votes, like comparing it to race topics. I don't find those tactics to be admirable, or even valid. I find them the hallmarks of unintelligent conversation, and greedy thoughts. I don't care how smart you think you're, or how good you can spell it out to me.

Its regression, not progression. Rome sat around having big sex orgies and humping goats. You're telling me what is it my business to question their right to marry their sister, dad, hump a goat, or run around naked in public, or have a big club orgy, or whatever else. You can sit around and talk social politics all day long, for centuries, you would be no different than any other society before you. The common mistake every society makes is that that don't strive to be just after they establish themselves. They forget and blur the lines. Sorry but I don't prefer that to be taught in an open society that strives to holds justice in high regard. Freedom without boundaries isn't really freedom, its anarchy. For obvious reason anarchy isn't a preferred setting for most people.

As everyone knows, their society is a reflection of their people and how their kids will develop. If you want to embrace delusion as fact, and passion as the only love, then there is no talking to you on a normal level.

Also on anyone with half of a brain, reversal tactics aren't going to advance your agenda. You don't need to be educated to debate something like this. So rednecks and everyone else that gets slammed and brought in to it have equally the same value of the standing of their opinion. If an argument takes on too much water its going to sink. Wether you drag silly comparisons in to it or not. All the little deceptive labels and tools for secluding people, and turning them against one another in confusion, to win a debate and get your outcome no matter the cost is in itself descriptive enough to sink your scavenger ship without actually engaging in any communication.

When confronted with blunt opinion, and certain belief, you just change the thesis ground continually to ensure your outcome.

Sincerely a big /golfclap for those that think this lifestyle is not a preference, and a bad one at that. You've stumbled upon carelessness and forsaken rationality for your own pleasure. We all do sometimes. But the idea is certainly not to embrace carelessness. It is to acknowledge mistakes and learn from them. I'm happy you're happy. But you're asking me to lie to you, and then pat you on the back and tell you everything is okay. If you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear, there is no need for a discussion in the first place.

Don't try to adorn yourself in your own understanding of this corrupt world, and rationalize every wrong thing to find a way to make it suitable. You should be looking after wisdom and understanding not of your own. Worldy views might go a long way here and now, but they are of no use to your soul(I know science cant prove we life has a soul, science is just a simple set of tools for measuring what we can see, hear, touch, taste and smell). Get out of the gray area and put yourself on solid ground. There is always is a chance you can contend with yourself for the better half if you strive for the right things.

Last edited by the_pines; 06-23-2008 at 01:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
...and this is exactly why I want to move out of Tampa. I fear people like the above poster may eventually resort to physical harm of homosexual people based on the language used

Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,914 times
Nowhere in my post did I even allude to violence. I'm sorry you get the impression you need to live in fear. Tampa is a nice place and I don't try to force my views on someone else. I will just state my opinion for whatever its worth. Maybe my post wasn't constructive as it could have been. That's because I get irritated when I see people use certain debate tactics. A couple of those being labeling everyone to try and ostracize them. The word homophobic is one such example. Or trying to meld an entirely different subject with your own to blur the lines.

I think those type of things are more damaging than me ranting about something. I'm not out to get you, or anyone else. I think our country is tolerant if you aren't looking for things or over analyzing everything. I just don't agree with it as being acceptable because the Bible says it isn't. I don't judge people. So im not saying anyone is going to hell or anything like that. I know if I pass judgement on someone else im judging myself.

Anyway I thought it would add something fresh to not hold back or be hesitant in a fearful PC sense. Sometimes being politically correct may be good and all, and sometimes its counter productive. I wasn't really posting to convince you of my opinion. I was merely informing you of mine. And if its ok for people to have parades, and put labels on people who disagree with them that ostracize them, then its ok for me to say something too.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
In the end gays may has well face the fact that altho many wish them no harm;they do not approve of their behavior. Marriage will make no difference from a legal union except to cause problems.Those that recognise gay marriage will ;those that don't won't. Nothing changes really.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:29 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
In the end gays may has well face the fact that altho many wish them no harm;they do not approve of their behavior. Marriage will make no difference from a legal union except to cause problems.Those that recognise gay marriage will ;those that don't won't. Nothing changes really.
That really isn't the case at all. Acceptance is increasing. Many of those who don't accept are growing older and newer generations feel differently. I'm seeing a lot of it in Louisiana, and that says quite a bit.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:29 PM

242 posts, read 193,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Hush that lie. Gays will be accepted. Progress takes time. How else do you think Barack Obama got to where he is now in a racist country like the US?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:10 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post

Anyway I thought it would add something fresh to not hold back or be hesitant in a fearful PC sense. Sometimes being politically correct may be good and all, and sometimes its counter productive. I wasn't really posting to convince you of my opinion. I was merely informing you of mine. And if its ok for people to have parades, and put labels on people who disagree with them that ostracize them, then its ok for me to say something too.
But is it OK with you to buy a garment make of 60% cotton and 40% polyester, even though the Bible clearly say it isn't?

Old 06-23-2008, 08:13 PM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Nowhere in my post did I even allude to violence. I'm sorry you get the impression you need to live in fear. Tampa is a nice place and I don't try to force my views on someone else. I will just state my opinion for whatever its worth. Maybe my post wasn't constructive as it could have been. That's because I get irritated when I see people use certain debate tactics. A couple of those being labeling everyone to try and ostracize them. The word homophobic is one such example. Or trying to meld an entirely different subject with your own to blur the lines.

I think those type of things are more damaging than me ranting about something. I'm not out to get you, or anyone else. I think our country is tolerant if you aren't looking for things or over analyzing everything. I just don't agree with it as being acceptable because the Bible says it isn't. I don't judge people. So im not saying anyone is going to hell or anything like that. I know if I pass judgement on someone else im judging myself.

Good gosh I can't wait till the old rigid-minded conservatives die off from old age...

Old 06-23-2008, 08:19 PM

242 posts, read 193,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post

Good gosh I can't wait till the old rigid-minded conservatives die off from old age...
Seriously. Unfortunately, they pass it on to their progeny. Not always, but in many cases, the bigotry and intolerance never subsides.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times
Quote:
Just a friendly reminder: this country, the United States of America was not founded on the basis of faith; it was founded on the basis of separation of church and state--to clarify--religious beliefs are in no way, shape, or form permissible as justification to deny a group of US citizens equal protection under the law.
From original poster the collegiate

I am officially done with the homosexual threads, but I will comment on the separation of church and state issue. That is how it is supposed to be, but it hasn't stopped the government from pushing its way onto religious grounds. The fact that you have to get a license from the state to be considered legally married is a big example of that. Marriage is supposed to be a union before God, not your state of residence. Sure, you could say they need the info. for tax reasons and whatnot but it is still a direct sidestep onto religious ground. And in case anyone missed the last presidential election, religion seems to play a key role in the election of presidents. That is why these sneaky politicians talk about their faith and love for God so much. To influence the vote of the faithful. Heck, we went to war with half the country feeling like it was freaking Jihad! So the fact that they are supposed to be separated doesn't change the fact that they are hopelessly entwined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies