Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:49 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"Oh, those unpatriotic separatists don't know how good they have it here under King George. They just like to whine and complain, but they should get sent down to Siam or Burma or another third-world hellhole to see how great they have it here in the colonies, or move down to the slave quarters and try to help out those negroes they care so much about!

"They say all men are created equal. What a bunch of radicals! What's next, women voting? Freeing the slaves? Miscegenation? We need to squash this 'liberty' thing!"
Your a retard... any other nonsense you want to spout out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 05:58 PM

717 posts, read 773,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Ahh, the Goebbels Twist. A conservative defender of the country club, "tennis anyone?" set accuses a liberal of being elitest. There's alot of that going sround.
Again you have no idea what the conservative ideology is about. Sounds to me that you listen to Air America, watch CNN and read the New york Times. Please check your sources before hammering an ideology.

Ill start you off with - George W. Bush is about as far from conservative as you can get. I will also divulge that I supported him in the beginning. He ran in 2000 as a conservative. Now we have a huge government infringing on our liberties. The Tax system is a complete mess and healthcare while functional is not functioning very well. Our Foreign policy I think needs an overhaul as well. Just a thought though.

The worst part is neither candidate running for President will fix one of those issues.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:48 PM

415 posts, read 610,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Again you have no idea what the conservative ideology is about. Sounds to me that you listen to Air America, watch CNN and read the New york Times. Please check your sources before hammering an ideology.

Ill start you off with - George W. Bush is about as far from conservative as you can get. I will also divulge that I supported him in the beginning. He ran in 2000 as a conservative. Now we have a huge government infringing on our liberties. The Tax system is a complete mess and healthcare while functional is not functioning very well. Our Foreign policy I think needs an overhaul as well. Just a thought though.

The worst part is neither candidate running for President will fix one of those issues.
Tell us what the conservative ideology is these days.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:59 PM

The conservative ideology?? Do NOT steal from thy neighbors...

Old 07-02-2008, 07:14 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The conservative ideology?? Do NOT steal from thy neighbors...
Not if your neighbors are rich swells from the country club. Instead steal from everybody else. A real good gig is stealing from the taxpayers while at the same time crying about high taxes. A classic misdirection play, another great Goebbels Twist.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post

I don't think you know what a conservative is, I damned well know, I've sat at the bargaining table with them.

I think you're one of those guys who think's he's a "true" conservative while being used by the real ones, you know, the guys that look out for the wealthy and for big business. The ones with POWER.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Your a retard... any other nonsense you want to spout out?
Hopefully a retard that knows how to spell "you're".

Old 07-02-2008, 08:16 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashTheCash View Post
What are the principles of "conservatives" these days?
Is this a trick question? Smaller government, Lower taxes,free enterprize, private property rights, privatization,strong national defense, right to work, secure borders, english as our official language, pro business, pro family, pro gun, pro marriage, pro military, pro life! Thats my version of Conservatism, anyhow, in a nutshell, there is really only one thing that the federal government needs to do and that is our national defense, every thing else can be done privately or at the local level!

Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Is this a trick question? Smaller government, Lower taxes,free enterprize, private property rights, privatization,strong national defense, right to work, secure borders, english as our official language, pro business, pro family, pro gun, pro marriage, pro military, pro life! Thats my version of Conservatism, anyhow, in a nutshell, there is really only one thing that the federal government needs to do and that is our national defense, every thing else can be done privately or at the local level!

How is one pro business AND pro family? And I note you value property rights more than personal rights, except the right to make money.

Right to work is a euphemism for "anti worker and anti union", speak plainly.

So speaking of money under this conservative philosophy of yours are you wealthy? I want to know if you're one of those who really benefit by conservatism or simply one of their servants, one who holds their coats.

Last edited by Irishtom29; 07-03-2008 at 06:58 AM..

Old 07-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Hopefully a retard that knows how to spell "you're".
I did it on purpose, perhaps I should of used quotation marks but that's okay, I didn't expect you to understand that much... which was true after all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies