Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:07 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,292,489 times

Advertisements

"Oh, those unpatriotic separatists don't know how good they have it here under King George. They just like to whine and complain, but they should get sent down to Siam or Burma or another third-world hellhole to see how great they have it here in the colonies, or move down to the slave quarters and try to help out those negroes they care so much about!

"They say all men are created equal. What a bunch of radicals! What's next, women voting? Freeing the slaves? Miscegenation? We need to squash this 'liberty' thing!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 12:14 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
What would our founding fathers have said about the left????
Lets not forget that George Washington had more than a few people hanged until dead for treason.
What would they have said about the lefts desire to take fire arms away from law abiding citizens?
What would they have said about left wingers and the ACLU protecting the worst of society from the justice they deserve?
I love when people use the founding fathers as a hammer but forget the culture of the day. Duels were common. Hangings for murder and rape were common.
What would they have said about our congress and senate? Such waste?
What would George say about whats become of DC? I would guess he would say lets buy some wood and rope because we have got some hanging to do.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,331,972 times
What today's left-wingers would have said in 1776:

Why should we go to war for our own independence, afterall the more taxes the better. Besides England should take care of us and dictate what we can and cannot do-afterall we love the nanny state mentality.

War-OMG cannot do that. All War is evil and NEVER has a purpose. Not to mention, we cannot let farmers and other colonists pick up a gun and defend themselves! We cannot allow the right to bear arms!

Nicolem

Old 06-29-2008, 12:54 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
"Oh, those unpatriotic separatists don't know how good they have it here under King George. They just like to whine and complain, but they should get sent down to Siam or Burma or another third-world hellhole to see how great they have it here in the colonies, or move down to the slave quarters and try to help out those negroes they care so much about!

"They say all men are created equal. What a bunch of radicals! What's next, women voting? Freeing the slaves? Miscegenation? We need to squash this 'liberty' thing!"
You really ought to take a history lesson or two, especially regarding the slaverey issue. You're insuation that liberals represent freedom is a stark demonstration of your ignorance or denial.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
The conservatives would ahve been right at home. The liberals would have ben thought of as radicals who wanted to destroy the freedoms of individauls by government interference in there lifes.Big governamnt and its controls where thought oif as being the reason to protect individauls from big government. Thus the bill of rights and even the second amendmant and protection of religion fron government.They feared big governamnt evnbe talked about removing presdients form the country to limit there future power.The reason for term limits and now more and more think the congress is messed up by no such limits; thereby making power dependent on years in cobgress rather than eqaul voice of representatives.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,292,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You really ought to take a history lesson or two, especially regarding the slaverey issue. You're insuation that liberals represent freedom is a stark demonstration of your ignorance or denial.
Ok.. thanks for the freedom to protest outside of a cage, to end an unwanted pregnancy, to smoke whatever plant I want and join whoever I love in marriage.

That's conservative freedom for ya!

Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Yay, let's take the most extreme examples of the right and left, try to apply their ideologies to another era, and then pigeonhole everyone as a member of either one group the other! Good times!

Old 06-29-2008, 05:06 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,342,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Yay, let's take the most extreme examples of the right and left, try to apply their ideologies to another era, and then pigeonhole everyone as a member of either one group the other! Good times!
<shrug> Tell the OP...

Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
What would our founding fathers have said about the left????
Lets not forget that George Washington had more than a few people hanged until dead for treason.
What would they have said about the lefts desire to take fire arms away from law abiding citizens?
What would they have said about left wingers and the ACLU protecting the worst of society from the justice they deserve?
I love when people use the founding fathers as a hammer but forget the culture of the day. Duels were common. Hangings for murder and rape were common.
What would they have said about our congress and senate? Such waste?
What would George say about whats become of DC? I would guess he would say lets buy some wood and rope because we have got some hanging to do.
Great post! Indeed he would gotten the rope and found the tree. No doubt.

We'd have quite a few open seats in congress this year.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
I'm afraid that, if our founding fathers returned today, they'd say; "Is this what we risked life, liberty, and fortune for?" On the one hand we have one group saying; "I've got mine and to heck with everyone else." On the other hand we have another group that says; "Love of family, God, and country are the signs that you are a rabid right wing Nazi." If I really believed that the majority of my fellow citizens were made up of people who think like many on these message boards and blogs, I would seriously consider giving up and moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies