Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2008, 05:06 PM
ino ino started this thread

680 posts, read 2,500,328 times

Advertisements

OK, Yet again I am forced to hang my head in shame as a member of the Western world.

I have to let it out somewhere, so it may as well be here, I know that there is not a lot ordinary citizens can do about global politics but if I feel this outraged there must be others who feel similar outrage, (the globe is a relatively big place after all). It's getting to the point where it is becoming more difficult for me to look a black person in the face, (and I am not talking about my countries indigenous inhabitants here), and you can whinge about 'political correctness' all you like, 'black' is just a word like any other in the english language, I know what I mean, call me a white face, call me an Aussie bastard, call me what you want, I couldn't care less, they are just words to me! Anything which may precede that description I may take exception to.

It confounds me as to how the western world can continue to allow this 'united nations', 'boys club', to maintain it's existance! If ever there was a gravy train, purpose built, for windbags and useless fat cats, then this would be it.

I had a discussion on this mogabe bloke with my son some weeks ago and he said that the western world could not do anything for political reasons, but was watching very closely at the democratic process. Hello...! I'm sorry, did I miss something?, I thought they had already gone through that process! How about these same 'united nations' fat cats move over there and experience this 'democtatic process' first hand for a while, (they would need to keep their hands in their pockets though, just in case they were seperated from their arms)!

We have 'save the tree' programs, 'save the whale' programs, and save the 'whatever else' programs so what about a 'save the innocent civilian population from egotistical, maniacal dictators' program. I recall this united nations 'diners club', combined with the entire western world, sitting back on their collective arses and watching Rwanda run amok some time ago...wasn't that a gladitorial feast to watch on our TV's at the time?

Sorry, but I just had to say something and get it out.

Last edited by ino; 07-06-2008 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Just realised I put this post in the wrong place!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times
It is certainly terrible...but we're busy here, saving the dirt shrew and protecting uninhabited Alaskan lands from oil drills, and quite frankly, we feel mighty proud of that.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:14 AM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,810 times
Because it is all a farce...which is why the UN shouldn't exist anyway.

If you're so ashamed because of Zimbabwe then why don't you go over there to help them...otherwise...it's not our government's job it is outside the scope of the Constitution.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
It is certainly terrible...but we're busy here, saving the dirt shrew and protecting uninhabited Alaskan lands from oil drills, and quite frankly, we feel mighty proud of that.

Yep, I like that, don't lose that sense of humour, I have a feeling we will all be needing a good sense of humour in the coming decades.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Because it is all a farce...which is why the UN shouldn't exist anyway.

If you're so ashamed because of Zimbabwe then why don't you go over there to help them...otherwise...it's not our government's job it is outside the scope of the Constitution.
Yeah, you're right I guess, I forgot that's how it works, unless it's a direct/perceived threat to me personally, and there is no money to be made, it's none of my business. I stand to be corrected, I just got a bit tied up with the humanitarian aspect of the situation that's all. When I think about it a little more I can see that in the, 'not too distant future', this behaviour will rise globally anyway, when global bankruptcy really starts to set in it will be every man for himself, [my perception]. Yep, point taken, I'll be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies