Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2008, 06:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
UHC should be run as a seperate branch of the government similar to the federal reserve, with an appointed untouchable kind of guy like alan greenspan. He should be a brilliant man/woman known for running a tight ship and devoted to the creation of an efficient, affordable heath care system for every US citizen. The new leader of the UHC department should be expected to administer it at 3% of the healthcare budget like europe and the japanese do. We may have look at someone outside the US for this position. No more insurance companies involved.

good god, do you have any idea what an "untouchable" guy like greenspan is capable of? this is a CRAZY idea.

No more insurance companies? So you want to eliminate the jobs of 100s of thousands of Americans?

Not even close to being a realistic or even well thought out idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 07:06 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
UHC should be run as a seperate branch of the government similar to the federal reserve, with an appointed untouchable kind of guy like alan greenspan. He should be a brilliant man/woman known for running a tight ship and devoted to the creation of an efficient, affordable heath care system for every US citizen. The new leader of the UHC department should be expected to administer it at 3% of the healthcare budget like europe and the japanese do. We may have to look at someone outside the US for this position. No more insurance companies involved.
50 Tillion Dollars - Before you even open the door for UHC in the United States - that would be the MINIMUM cost of start up - not even talking about operational costs.

How do you propose to garner these monies together just to open the doors? Keep in mind - the entire budget of the Federal Government is around a tillion a year.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
No more insurance companies? So you want to eliminate the jobs of 100s of thousands of Americans?
Yes, even more so since such jobs are unnecessary. My function on this planet is not to subsidize jobs for other people.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:15 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,131,452 times
Sure, we can shoot em, then we can get a new ones that have been properly conditioned and are willing to try harder.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
My function on this planet is not to subsidize jobs for other people.
Then - you do not buy automobiles. Or buy food. Or clothes.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:18 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Quote:
Yes, even more so since such jobs are unnecessary. My function on this planet is not to subsidize jobs for other people.
One of the most uninformed posts EVER.

You just want to willy-nilly eliminate an entire industry because of a few unethical people?

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Exactly, especially when they are redundent jobs that dont have much to do with actual health care. Only a few people at the top in the company really do anything about policy.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Sure, we can shoot em, then we can get a new ones that have been properly conditioned and are willing to try harder.
Oh God, that's great. I love it! And they are sure to be lining up for a job where the end result for failure is death (LOL!). I think throwing them into a volcano would be even better,
since they would be kind-of human sacrifices to the "God of magic solutions that don't require anything from me". Why don't we just go back to kings! Just make this amazing person king! Then he can make all the decisions we'd normally have to make ourselves! Perfect!
Love it! Just love it! (LOL!)

Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Well, if you inject "FIRED" from employment instead of a litteral execution, than you get my drift.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:45 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Well, if you inject "FIRED" from employment instead of a litteral execution, than you get my drift.
This has been so entertaining. I can tell you are very-well read and have a tremendous understanding of economics. You're too much for me so I'm gonna bow out. But it's been great fun. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies