Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: did katrina help new orleans
yes, based on crime statistics, katrina heled the city of NO 6 17.65%
no, it was horrible and it didn't help the city 25 73.53%
other, please post 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:52 PM

214 posts, read 288,060 times

Advertisements

Enter: Her Royal Behind Ness. Here comes Nancy Plastic Pelosi. As a vaporous cloud descends from Mount Olympus, Nancy lands in New Orleans to inspect the infamous 9th ward. Yes the “po-folk” were singing ”Halleluiah” as the fashionably-dressed white goddess descended from her heavenly abode to rub shoulders with a lesser order of man. Will N.P.P. be packing a pistol?

Dixie was graced with the promise of a bright future for this once submerged land. The future might be bright, but the present is “dam dangerous” in this neck of the swamps. The daughters of Bwana may need a basic course in economics as The Bank of Mount Olympus has flood of problems all its own. As many now know, promises are meant to be broken, after the election. Soon Nancy will be Gone With The Wind and her promises- well - they will evaporate in the hot summer sky, to be forgotten like last spring’s crawfish boil. In the end, there no such thing as a free fish fry.

Faith-based government is the new hocus pocus for the unwashed mob. Statues of Mary will be replaced by statues of Nancy, to commemorate Nancy’s Celestial Visit. (Give me that old time religion.) If it was good enough to fool them in the past, it’s good enough to fool them today. Will they be burning candles in the rain when the next Cat5 hits? Politicians, like candles in the wind, will leave them in the dark as is so often the case. Where will Nancy be? She’ll be burning candles at both ends, at the taxpayer’s expense in her beloved Golden State.

P.S. There’s mighty big military contractors in them there hills of Cal-i-for-ni-ay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 09:28 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
I look at the results of the polls, and that's about right. that's about the percentage of americans I assumed had a brain.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
can anyone tell me an event that was better for the city of new orleans? any time there is loss of life, it is unfortunate, but in this case, it really seems that katrina swept away some of the bad debris.

crime index of NO in 2004 648.9
crime index of NO in 2006 370.0

crime was almost cut in half. in the long run, it looks like the wrong types of people were displaced by hurricane katrina.
I can't tell if you're being facetious since the claim of Katrina being good is inconceivable. I believe in karma so I don't even make statements like that in just. However, what do think happened to the "bad debris"? These people didn't disappear so even if we use your logic that crime is down and that's good for NO, the crimimals just went elsewhere.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:37 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,133 times
Dude, be careful!

Posting the truth can get you labeled a troll by some 'administrator' or another.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
can anyone tell me an event that was better for the city of new orleans? any time there is loss of life, it is unfortunate, but in this case, it really seems that katrina swept away some of the bad debris.

crime index of NO in 2004 648.9
crime index of NO in 2006 370.0

crime was almost cut in half. in the long run, it looks like the wrong types of people were displaced by hurricane katrina.
One towns joy is another's misery. Care to quote the crime statistics for Houston???? They went up about 200 percent, after the Katrina folks moved in, from what I heard.

The whole New Orleans this is just a shining example of why this country desperately needs some reform when it comes to crime and welfare and all the things that made New Orleans the very lovely sewer it was before the hurricane.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-23-2008, 12:08 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
all the things that made New Orleans the very lovely sewer it was before the hurricane.
Sewer???? That's just hysterical!!! You think all of that tourism money that was coming into New Orleans before this catastrophe happened was because that city was a sewer? Think again my friend!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 AM

no kidding. I have already said, was it good for new orleans. the debris got spread to other towns, and it probably hasn't been good for those towns. some of the debris is still living in FEMA trailers almost 3 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I can't tell if you're being facetious since the claim of Katrina being good is inconceivable. I believe in karma so I don't even make statements like that in just. However, what do think happened to the "bad debris"? These people didn't disappear so even if we use your logic that crime is down and that's good for NO, the crimimals just went elsewhere.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Let's see, if the knuckleheads left New Orleans thereby dropping their crime stats, think perhaps someplace else absorbed some crime?
Yeah, but that's someone else's problem.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM

um, yes. new orleans has a couple nice neighborhoods, but the rest is basically a sewer. much of the blame goes to corrupt local government. look at nagin, the biggest failure during katrina. he failed, and redirected the blame towards george bush. oh, and the tourism money came during two weeks. mardi gras and jazzfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sewer???? That's just hysterical!!! You think all of that tourism money that was coming into New Orleans before this catastrophe happened was because that city was a sewer? Think again my friend!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
um, yes. new orleans has a couple nice neighborhoods, but the rest is basically a sewer.
So you've been to New Orleans? I have, and that's just not accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies