Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:07 PM

789 posts, read 640,600 times

Advertisements

Let me start by saying I am NOT racist and this is by no means implied to seem that way, but I am a white female in san antonio. It seems as though affirmative action is the most distructive law ever! I can understand equal right employments and protecting all different culters from racial discrimination, but to exclude anybody from employment becuase they have to hire a minority(which caucasion are now the minorty in san antonio) is just what affirmative action is supposed to be preventing isn't it? talk about a contridiction. I have a baby to feed and can't find a job to save my life becuase I'm not hispanic or bilingual! Which brings my to another subject...Why am I expected to know or learn spanish?? Why is everything in spanish now? This is america, not mexico. freedom of speech is one thing and that's great I will try to speak spanish with someone if I have to and it won't bother me in the least, I will take it as a learning experience, but when I get cursed at, can't advance in my job, and recieve dirty words for not knowing spanish in an english country I will get pissed. Am I alone? Any opinions? And please like I said, I am not racist my best friends are hispanic, I just feel as though Caucasion people are now getting screwed in every which way...P.s I am christian so I do believe that we should all respect one another, it's just doesn't seem to be happening that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 03:11 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Talk about opening a can of worms....

Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 PM

789 posts, read 640,600 times
Well I don't want to start anything negative a guess I really just wanna know if anyone else is having trouble getting a job because they are not bilingual. It's not fair. I am smart, friendly outgoing, highly educated, moral and a hard worker, but I habla pokito espanol

Old 07-29-2008, 03:16 PM

Fix some of those spelling/grammatical errors in your original post...then we'll be more apt to believe the "highly edumakated" part.

At least 10 spelling errors and way too many grammatical errors to even count. Sad.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM

1,009 posts, read 2,461,271 times
I hear it's that way in Southern Florida. If you don't have a job, broaden your horizons and search out other locations. They pay will probably be better than San Antonio to boot.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywoman View Post
Let me start by saying I am NOT racist and this is by no means implied to seem that way, but I am a white female in san antonio. It seems as though affirmative action is the most distructive law ever! I can understand equal right employments and protecting all different culters from racial discrimination, but to exclude anybody from employment becuase they have to hire a minority(which caucasion are now the minorty in san antonio) is just what affirmative action is supposed to be preventing isn't it? talk about a contridiction. I have a baby to feed and can't find a job to save my life becuase I'm not hispanic or bilingual! Which brings my to another subject...Why am I expected to know or learn spanish?? Why is everything in spanish now? This is america, not mexico. freedom of speech is one thing and that's great I will try to speak spanish with someone if I have to and it won't bother me in the least, I will take it as a learning experience, but when I get cursed at, can't advance in my job, and recieve dirty words for not knowing spanish in an english country I will get pissed. Am I alone? Any opinions? And please like I said, I am not racist my best friends are hispanic, I just feel as though Caucasion people are now getting screwed in every which way...P.s I am christian so I do believe that we should all respect one another, it's just doesn't seem to be happening that way.
Youch!!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM

164 posts, read 555,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywoman View Post
P.s I am christian so I do believe that we should all respect one another, it's just doesn't seem to be happening that way.
Just say, "I'm a Christian!" and it's all better!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:29 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manthechange View Post
Just say, "I'm a Christian!" and it's all better!
LOL. If she was an atheist then it should not matter what she thinks! Naturalistic morality is just a product of nuerons and electronis bouncing around in a skull, right? :0P At least Christians ground their morals from somewhere (God).

Now what did my comment have to do about this thread? I dunno! Wanted to type it...so mod may delete.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,746,446 times
Oh boy. And you all thought the four sides brick soap box was controversial. : )

Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Oh boy. And you all thought the four sides brick soap box was controversial. : )
Post. Of. The. Year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies