Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,245,461 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

This is really no different than marriages that go bad...if it is that bad, LEAVE and start over where the grass is greener.

Just wondering if others noticed this trend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 09:36 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,434 times
The answer is quite simple, indoor plumbing, quality meat and TP is better then a benjo ditch and a leaf just to name a couple.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 PM

350 posts, read 653,529 times
Because one despises the current Administration, it does not logically follow that they 'hate' the US.

And they do work to change things, some by running for office, others by volunteering for progressive causes, others by donating money for said causes, and some by doing fundraising for said causes.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Because one despises the current Administration, it does not logically follow that they 'hate' the US.

And they do work to change things, some by running for office, others by volunteering for progressive causes, others by donating money for said causes, and some by doing fundraising for said causes.
I am fine with those folks. I do not support the current administration and I do not hate America.

I am referring to the folks that just downright hate America, are not afraid to say it, and the feelings are there regardless of the current state of our nations policies. These are the same ones who are so happy to try to recruit others on the selling points of other countries that are soooo much better than America.

Truthfully, I get tired of the belly aching. Thanks for the reply!

Old 08-14-2008, 09:57 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Some people just like to gripe and complain, I hear people gripe about our government but they don't vote, it's their right to complain but it's my right not to listen to them. It's the same with everything, we have folks at work who complain all the time but they don't look for a new job, same kinda thing.

I don't think they really hate it as much as they just like to complain.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
This is why I started the poll.

I wanted to see in numbers not well thought out answers who hates America % wise.

It turned out better than I thought.

I understand the want/need for change I just wanted to make sure everyone (mostly) that I debate with has the same goals.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is why I started the poll.

I wanted to see in numbers not well thought out answers who hates America % wise.

It turned out better than I thought.

I understand the want/need for change I just wanted to make sure everyone (mostly) that I debate with has the same goals.

I was not trying to hijack your poll...sorry if it seems that way. I wanted to hear the reasons behind the whining. Most of the whiners don't do anything to make it better. Roaddog is right...they probably do not even vote.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:07 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gortamor View Post
Because one despises the current Administration, it does not logically follow that they 'hate' the US
When this current administration is gone, there will still be the crowd who blames America first. These people see bad intent behind every shadow; they see dark clouds in every silver lining; they believe the oddest conspiracy theories; they take the side of the criminal over the innocent; and will try and find the terrorist's "side of the story" before believing in their own country. To these people, no amount of money spent or effort made to help is enough, and no amount of humanitarian aid suffices.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,453,111 times
No....sorry didn't mean it that way.

I was answering your thread the best I know how.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No....sorry didn't mean it that way.

I was answering your thread the best I know how.
It's all good. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies