Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2010, 02:15 AM

202 posts, read 353,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romus View Post
I'm sorry for reviving this abandoned topic, but I just couldn't resist.

Omg I can't believe you just said that.. Crappy economy ? Dump? Seriously? You obviously have no idea what a dump is. Your economy is just experiencing some temporary difficulties, it's still strong.
Have you even seen how the rest of the world lives? Hard to get a job? You think in other places it's easier? You americans are so spoiled, you just dont even realize how good you have it and take things for granted. You people eat at restaurants, drive cars and watch tvs while there are places where it's considered luxury. You have all modern conviniences and opportunities at your disposal and even if you lose some, it's not the end of the world. Getting fired is not the end of the world too. You still have brain to think of something.. Even when you lose everything, which I doubt is likely to happen, you can find a way out, just show some perseverance and make an effort. Dont watch news all the time, it's killing you mentally. Every little difficulty is a crisis for you, but the fact is - there is no crisis. They use this word to make you watch yet another news channel. It's just the way they attract viewers. They lead you to believe that things are worse than ever, when it's not even close to true. Because if they were showing only good news, nobody would be watching it.. S

My point is, USA is a very rich and amazingly resourceful country. You probably won't understand than until after you've lived in eastern europe. I guess it's just the way it is.

Here's some some excerpts from the article of the guy who has lived in other places, and this is true, because I live in one of those currently and I can confirm...:
I would imagine that the majority of the people criticizing America or complaining, actually are the ones that HAVE been in other parts of the world and Have Seen how others live. I have also witnessed firsthand the ignorance of those living outside of the U.S. in poorer countries and having this cloud nine illusionous vision of the US that does not at all match with reality - like believing that all americans are rich and live the life of luxury when in reality the majority of us are either living an illusion ourselves that has only recently come crashing down (illusion of wealth but smoke and mirrors created by massive debt that can or never will be able to be paid off) or work our butts off and struggle with illnesses that come along with stress and a feeling of unfulfillment because its all about work, eat, sleep, pay bills, work, eat, sleep, pay bills.

I don't deny that there are places in this world where there is much more suffering on a larger scale than I have ever witnessed here, but there are also many other places in this world where quality of life is much greater, material wealth a mute point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 06:11 AM

294 posts, read 351,576 times
It's like one of those HGTV shows where they're searching for a house......... They come in, complain about the paint on the walls, the carpeting and the drapes, but in the end they'll go for the value of the property and all it has to offer. It would fall on deaf ears, but we only hear about how wonderful of a job Fidel has done with the place, the overloaded boats and the fact that we aren't seeing a ton of new innovations coming out of Cuba is just the product of American opression. The message isn't being told properly, or was that some other leader?

Old 11-25-2010, 06:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain """

Ya, those "I don't wanna pay any taxes I want everything for free " Republicans and teaBAGGERS sure are whiners!!! And don't do anything but whine about Obama and obstruct passage of any bill to help middle class Americans.

""""and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

This is really no different than marriages that go bad...if it is that bad, LEAVE and start over where the grass is greener.

Just wondering if others noticed this trend.
DUH! It cost money to move to another country....lotsa MONEY.

So only the rich can afford to, but they don't have to 'cause they're rich...

Old 11-25-2010, 06:37 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,566 times
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

This is really no different than marriages that go bad...if it is that bad, LEAVE and start over where the grass is greener.

This is clearly targetted to liberals, we do not hate America, we simply do not like at all the hatred , fear, ignorance, illogical and anti-people agenda of the Republican Party. GOP does NOT stand for Americans, does NOT uphold the Constitution of the United States of America & Bill of Rights, and does not reflect the Declaration of Independance. GOP stands for corporatism, NOT the American People, and it is this corporatism (another word for fascism) that we hate.
PS I am going to make my traditional American turkey dinner now, Happy Thanksgiving to all :-)

Old 11-25-2010, 06:43 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
People continue to live in America even though they may hate it -for one simple reason....America is one (if not the only one) of the greatest countrys in the world-where else can you complain and whine and nothing will happen to you? Where else can women drive, work, vote, and be equal? Our country may have problems but I'm thankful every day that I live somewhere where I'm free. Would I live somewhere else? Maybe..but I know what my great grandparents did to get here and I know what other my family members fought for-so I'm proud to say I'm an American. I may not be proud of what my government does sometimes but where else can a citizen EXPECT their government to take care of them (welfare,food stamps)? The next time you hate your county look at places like Haiti-

Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
People continue to live in America even though they may hate it -for one simple reason....America is one (if not the only one) of the greatest countrys in the world-where else can you complain and whine and nothing will happen to you?""

Ya? Try that in line at airport security....

Where else can women drive, work, vote, and be equal?"""

LOTS of other countries.

HERE the Rrepugs voted down the Paycheck Fairness Act which would protect women from pay inequality.

""" Our country may have problems but I'm thankful every day that I live somewhere where I'm free. Would I live somewhere else? Maybe..but I know what my great grandparents did to get here and I know what other my family members fought for-so I'm proud to say I'm an American. I may not be proud of what my government does sometimes but where else can a citizen EXPECT their government to take care of them (welfare,food stamps)? The next time you hate your county look at places like Haiti-
Look at places all over the world, there are many many great places to live...broaden that NARROW view.

Unless "We're Better Than Haiti" is the new American slogan

Old 11-25-2010, 07:34 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

An old thread, I guess all Americans love their country by now

Anyway, where would they go? The times of international mass migration are over, the doors are closed.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:38 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I thnik that most opf the haters actaulyl have actually not lived in amny othyer places or have only been on vaction i other coutries. Then some live in evry rough areas . Its that always greener somewhere else really. I have always been ready to return when I have live smewhere else afetr a few months myself but actaully love my area of the country.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
People continue to live in America even though they may hate it -for one simple reason....America is one (if not the only one) of the greatest countrys in the world-where else can you complain and whine and nothing will happen to you? Where else can women drive, work, vote, and be equal? Our country may have problems but I'm thankful every day that I live somewhere where I'm free. Would I live somewhere else? Maybe..but I know what my great grandparents did to get here and I know what other my family members fought for-so I'm proud to say I'm an American. I may not be proud of what my government does sometimes but where else can a citizen EXPECT their government to take care of them (welfare,food stamps)? The next time you hate your county look at places like Haiti-
Ummm, the USA is a pretty good country, but there are lots of pretty good countries out there where women can drive, work, vote and if you think women are equal in the USA, you've got to do some research; we still make 70% what men do.
Some people in the US think women are too stupid to know what they want to do with their bodies; they want to control us by law.

You think Europe, the Pacific Rim, Australia, NZ, Brazil, etc aren't free? Really?
You need to do some research.

Old 11-25-2010, 11:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Ummm, the USA is a pretty good country, but there are lots of pretty good countries out there where women can drive, work, vote and if you think women are equal in the USA, you've got to do some research; we still make 70% what men do.
Some people in the US think women are too stupid to know what they want to do with their bodies; they want to control us by law.

You think Europe, the Pacific Rim, Australia, NZ, Brazil, etc aren't free? Really?
You need to do some research.
Well said Chiel... I love my country above all others. That doesn't mean that we don't have room to improve or that its unpatriotic to call out the faults.
Most people form an uneducated opinion of the rest of the world. Opinions based on what the media might report or what hollywood portrays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies