Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg Slaps Down Criticism of Painkiller Restriction Plan | Politicker

I love this, now idiot New Yorkers are reaping the rewards of electing a piece of ass wipe like Bloomberg.
What do you think the next thing he will outlaw will be? King Bloomberg knows what is best for you so bend down and kiss his robes you New York peasants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM

159 posts, read 263,804 times
like Sheep in a herd!

Old 02-27-2013, 03:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

I love this, now idiot New Yorkers are reaping the rewards of electing a piece of ass wipe like Bloomberg.
What do you think the next thing he will outlaw will be? King Bloomberg knows what is best for you so bend down and kiss his robes you New York peasants.
Well, I don't live in New York, but I hope they vote this guy out, so I can visit it one day.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:40 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Didn't realize Bloomberg was a doctor and that he knows what is best for me and my doctor doesn't.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Bloomberg knows what's best for everybody.
New Yorkers seem to love it. The guy tells them what to eat, what to drink and now regulates their pain killers.
Next he'll be telling them when to go to bed, when to wake up and what to wear for the day.

New Yorkers must love being taken care of so much.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM

524 posts, read 400,483 times
Ha Ha! Just wait until Obamacare fully kicks in! I am a veteran and currently use the VA Hospital for my healthcare. They have recently implemented a policy stating that no one that receives treatment in the ER can receive any type of medication except in life threatening emergencies (diabetes, high blood pressure, ect.). Now, you might not think its that bad, except it takes me over four months to get an appointment to see my doctor. If I got sick today and called to schedule an appointment, it would take me about four months. My other option is to call and make a medication request; sounds good right? Well, that takes about three weeks for my doctor to review it, and this is only for medications that I take on a regular basis. Half of the time, the nurse does not document it properly and it never gets reviewed, so I call again about a week later which puts it at four weeks. By the way, the average wait time to speak to said nurse: one hour.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
I am so laughing at NYC. They have exactly what they deserve. I wouldn't even visit, much less live in that sinkhole cesspool.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post

Isn't he limiting free pain killers? I don't think this appiles to private hospitals treating private insurance holders. I think this is for the county hospitals. I would think that conservatives would applaud this.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Isn't he limiting free pain killers? I don't think this appiles to private hospitals treating private insurance holders. I think this is for the county hospitals. I would think that conservatives would applaud this.
Prescription painkillers. He's fighting the "war on addition" because addition is that bad in NYC.
And it's only the city hospitals because the limits of his power stop there.

Maybe they'll just give a script for 2 pills and a stick to bite for the rest of the pain.

NYC is in pretty bad shape between their obesity epidemic and now an addition problem.

From the OP link:
Yesterday, Mayor Michael Bloomberg and city officials unveiled a new initiative to limit supplies of prescription painkillers in the city’s emergency rooms as a way to combat what they described as a growing addiction problem in the region.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale cooper View Post
i am so laughing at nyc. They have exactly what they deserve. I wouldn't even visit, much less live in that sinkhole cesspool.
+1000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies