Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 02:39 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times

Advertisements

Swagger's opposition is typical of most people. However, we're talking about how a person thinks and most people are reluctant to explore that area. Perhaps it's because we generally feel that our thoughts are our own. To suggest that we have been persuaded without our conscious consent is disturbing to most people and so, in light of that possibility, a defense mechanism is to be expected.

Most do not make the important connection that what they think LITERALLY manufactures the world they live in. With this completely out of mind (!), it is then very probable that a reality can be manufactured by externally forcing a large group of individuals to think along the same lines. Repeated images, sounds, and other stimuli can get the human brain wired into a small cage of thought so that the idea of anything outside of the cage/box is not considered. There are those who understand this possibility and have exploited science in order to perfect it. I would venture that the reality most find themselves in is a virtual prison. We have been robbed of our creative ability, stripped of our imaginations, and rendered essentially powerless to create an escape hatch. What incentive would you have for looking for an escape when you don't even know you're in prison?!

But there is an escape hatch. You have to think and feel it into existence. You have to awaken to the contents of your mind and turn off those thoughts that don't serve you. Resistance to the thoughts doesn't work because you're still thinking of it and giving it energy. You have to think of something completely different. So with that in mind (!), what are you going to THINK, what are you going to CREATE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
LOL! The guy starts a thread about some corporate agenda to control our minds or whatever, and then belly flops when the first challenge to his post is presented.

What a master debater.
In several threads you debase the opinion of the OP without outlining why. You offer nothing on your end. So, armed with no facts, you express an opposing view. And the others on the thread are left to argue with you about things you hardly ever divulge. If you don't believe in the existence of mind control, why not calmly offer what leads you to that conclusion instead of starting a verbal fistfight?

Old 09-01-2008, 02:52 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Exactly! This poster is already locked into the PC way of thinking. Which is to label anything that is slightly off key a conspiracy. I see no where in the Original Post where this is all blamed on some big corporate conspiracy. But the evidence that most of what we hear is dictated by higher powers is so in your face it cannot be refuted. Which is probably why swagger may have sauntered on out of this conversation. Just here to oppose free thinking and common sense. An all to common occurrence on good old City-Data.

Old 09-01-2008, 02:56 PM

423 posts, read 1,532,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
The OP needs no evidence to support what is obviously all around us. We are influenced in all facets of life by media set norms and most conform without a second thought.

Definition of propaganda;
  1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
  2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.
We are bombarded every day by our various media outlets with everything from pro America bits to how much a girl should weigh. You are told everyday how to think and feel about pretty much everything. And it is obvious. I know you know exactly what I and the OP are speaking of. You simply thought you'd come in and try to confuse the real issue here. Which seems to prove you are truly one of the many led by the system.

Thanks, that's why I ignored him and his personal attacks

Old 09-01-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Swagger's opposition is typical of most people. However, we're talking about how a person thinks and most people are reluctant to explore that area. Perhaps it's because we generally feel that our thoughts are our own. To suggest that we have been persuaded without our conscious consent is disturbing to most people and so, in light of that possibility, a defense mechanism is to be expected.

Most do not make the important connection that what they think LITERALLY manufactures the world they live in. With this completely out of mind (!), it is then very probable that a reality can be manufactured by externally forcing a large group of individuals to think along the same lines. Repeated images, sounds, and other stimuli can get the human brain wired into a small cage of thought so that the idea of anything outside of the cage/box is not considered. There are those who understand this possibility and have exploited science in order to perfect it. I would venture that the reality most find themselves in is a virtual prison. We have been robbed of our creative ability, stripped of our imaginations, and rendered essentially powerless to create an escape hatch. What incentive would you have for looking for an escape when you don't even know you're in prison?!

But there is an escape hatch. You have to think and feel it into existence. You have to awaken to the contents of your mind and turn off those thoughts that don't serve you. Resistance to the thoughts doesn't work because you're still thinking of it and giving it energy. You have to think of something completely different. So with that in mind (!), what are you going to THINK, what are you going to CREATE?
Well said!

Old 09-02-2008, 01:11 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Newsflash, pal: YOU started the thread with an accusation. If you want people to take you seriously at all, the onus is on YOU to provide some body of evidence to back up your claim.
I believe in Einstein's theory of relativity. But you're going to have to wait. I won't have the body of evidence ready until tomorrow morning.

By the way, there are a lot of things I accept as being essentially representatonal of reality, although no doubt many of them, I have based on faulty sources. Often, but now always, I make judgment based on the thoroughness of the argument that is presented, and on my perceptions of the interests of the people maing the presentation. Proving them all would waste more effort than it would be worth, so I have borrowed a tactic from the faith-based.

For example, if my credit card company slips a glossy ad in with my bill, I start out with the assumption that they are spending their money promoting a feature that benefits them, not me. Any opposite viewpoing seems inconsistent with what I believe I know about marketing and commerce. Same for assertions made by Don Rumsfeld, wherein the interests of the person making the statement seem beyond dispute. I regard this attitude as a defense mechanism against being swayed by obvious propaganda. No doubt in some cases I have evaluated wrongly, but on balance, I think a skepticism has served me well over the long run. Maybe there is 17-million dollars with my name on it in an airport locker in Nigeria, and some nice Christian lady is trying desperately to apprise me of that fact. I'll never know.

Nevertheless, Big Brother keeps talking to us, and there is no off-switch. I pay attention for amusement only.

Last edited by jtur88; 09-02-2008 at 01:26 AM..

Old 09-02-2008, 10:52 AM

Another great book is "Global Brain" By; Howard Bloom
A Evolution of mass mind thinking, We are accustomed to use are eyes only with the memory of what other people before us have thought about the object we are looking at. Pg 71

heavy revelation by those that know the truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies