Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:16 PM

532 posts, read 1,232,105 times

Advertisements

If we attack Iran before the election, I'm voting for a democrat, and I'm a republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe107 View Post
If we attack Iran before the election, I'm voting for a democrat, and I'm a republican
If Obama's neo-con foreign policy advisor Anthony Lake had been confirmed as the CIA Director in 1999, you'd already be in Iran.

So yeah, vote Obama so Anthony Lake can be White House Chief of Staff or National Security Advisor.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:35 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
If Obama's neo-con foreign policy advisor Anthony Lake had been confirmed as the CIA Director in 1999, you'd already be in Iran.

So yeah, vote Obama so Anthony Lake can be White House Chief of Staff or National Security Advisor.
You do realize that John McCain wrote a letter of support for Anthony Lake, right?

Old 09-05-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
There was a time when Cuba was a nuclear threat to the US and we were all fortunate enough to get out of it alive. Of course we didn't use any negotiation to do it, we just puffed up and beat our chest and in the end the whole world saw that ours was that much bigger
You should quit spreading lies.

Kennedy was 100% responsible for the Cuban Missile Crisis to the extent that he actually caused it. If he had listened to Eisenhower and resolved the situation in Cuba, before putting Jupiter missiles on the Soviet border to threaten and terrorize the Russians, then there would have been no way possible for the Soviets to retaliate to the blatantly aggressive US actions by putting missiles in Cuba.

What the whole world saw was that Kennedy was an incompetent bully and when the Soviets refused to play the role of evil empire, he had no choice but to stick his tail between his legs and run away.

Contrary to your misguided beliefs, Kennedy did negotiate. The US withdrew its Jupiter missiles from Turkey in exchange for the Soviets withdrawing their missiles from Cuba.

As a point of fact, the US withdrew all of the Jupiters before even one single Soviet missile in Cuba was dismantled to be withdrawn.

It was a brilliant Soviet victory.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
You do realize that John McCain wrote a letter of support for Anthony Lake, right?
So what does that tell you?

There's no way to win. Doesn't matter who you elect. Neo-cons rule.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Consider another plan:

Bush employs low-yield nuclear device in Iran,
Maybe that's the plan if Obama is elected.

There's a carrier rotation scheduled for the period November 27 - December 23. The US won't take any action before then.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I could ask you the same question. I doubt Central Asia itself figures into this equation.
That's because you're ill-informed.

Quote:
Now, the oil in the Caspian basin...hm...ding ding ding!
That is Central Asia, and as I pointed out, the oil in the Caspian Sea is controlled by the 5 State Caspian Sea Treaty.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
So what does that tell you?

There's no way to win. Doesn't matter who you elect. Neo-cons rule.
Sadly, I've come to this conclusion as well.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:09 PM

Quote:
That's because you're ill-informed.

That is Central Asia, and as I pointed out, the oil in the Caspian Sea is controlled by the 5 State Caspian Sea Treaty.
Central Asia itself isn't oil.

Oh and treaties are rarely broken.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:10 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,483 times
Quote:
You should quit spreading lies.

Kennedy was 100% responsible for the Cuban Missile Crisis to the extent that he actually caused it. If he had listened to Eisenhower and resolved the situation in Cuba, before putting Jupiter missiles on the Soviet border to threaten and terrorize the Russians, then there would have been no way possible for the Soviets to retaliate to the blatantly aggressive US actions by putting missiles in Cuba.

What the whole world saw was that Kennedy was an incompetent bully and when the Soviets refused to play the role of evil empire, he had no choice but to stick his tail between his legs and run away.

Contrary to your misguided beliefs, Kennedy did negotiate. The US withdrew its Jupiter missiles from Turkey in exchange for the Soviets withdrawing their missiles from Cuba.

As a point of fact, the US withdrew all of the Jupiters before even one single Soviet missile in Cuba was dismantled to be withdrawn.

It was a brilliant Soviet victory.
Lol, I'm not sure you caught my sarcasm I understand what happened pretty well. I was pretty much trying to say that there is a time and a place for chest thumping, in that instance if we would have puffed our chest and tried to be big and bad it would have turned out much different than it did. Likewise, I think that in our present situation, chest thumping and gun-slinging should be the last option, not the first like many would like to see. Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies