Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hollywood And Music Celebrities Are So Much Smarter Than The Average American When It Comes To Polit
Yes 12 12.77%
No 25 26.60%
I wish they would SHUT UP... 57 60.64%
They are Much Smarter Than I... 0 0%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ronald reagan and arnold swarzenegger.
i think yes.
Ronald Reagan was governor years ago [1960's] but he never promoted much other than Borax soap Schwarzenegger helped lots of kids when he was just an actor [ie special Olympics for disabled children]. And Arnold authored an initiative that would pay for "before and after-school" programs for all kids from grade school to high school. It passed overwhelmingly but has yet to be funded it's been 4 yrs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
I am sure he had his reasons, if not just principle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
More info: the city offered to give the landlord a comparable empty lot\ whole city block nearby, but the landlord wouldn't bulge. And the price wasn't just a few million a whole block [are you kidding.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:16 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,340,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
WE the people are the ones starstruck and value glamor - just look around the role of glamor in our daily lives. WE watch all the celebrity-related gossip, and WE pretend not to like it. If we did not care about them, the media would not carry their gossip/news/political views. In the meantime, they all paid taxes so they have every right to speak out.
-------------

I disagree most couldn't care less about them and want REAL news not why Paris Hilton doesn't like peas or Brittany Spears new pet monkey,etc.
lol you know what I mean.

I agree they have every right to speak out like anyone else but they do not have any credibility "higher knowledge" than anyone else.

Last edited by Luiso; 09-12-2008 at 03:33 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Thanks, but I was not a captain. I served in the Marine Corps' Combined Action Program (CAP) in Vietnam. It was a great program and was very successful. LIFE Magazine did a great article on it: LIFE*Cover (The website sells nothing.)

If someone calls me a former captain, I try to explain it. Thanks again!!
-------------

I actually disagree with 90% of your posts lol. Just not this one

Old 09-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
so a man who let poor people grow food on HIS land for free, then wanted to sell HIS land because I am sure it was valuable, and his taxes were high, and hollywood got mad? this is the exact reason why normal people view hollywood as a joke. if they were truly outraged, they would have offered the guy more money than the people who wanted to build the warehouse offered. seems simple to me. but they really didn't care that much, they just wanted to complain about the evil corporation. I also heard about how much harassment the owner of the land went through. real classy. treating someone like crap, because he wanted to sell HIS OWN property. I am so glad that out of all the idiotic celebrities that make movies in my town, only a few have chosen to live here.

p.s. where do you get your mis-information from? I am conservative, and have been to 3 movies in the last 3 years. it's called conservative, not blowing money on mindless crap.
--------------
MOST movies suck .
I have a sister who is a movie star lemming. She MUST go to a movie every weekend .
Thus 4 days a month 12 months she goes to the movie's. How much garbage can a person endure.
No wonder my brother in law filed for divorce .

I go if it's a good movie but that is rare real rare .
Nice thing about the night activities here during weekend is that going to movie is bottom of list .
People like her throw money away watching garbage and reward horrible acting and horrible plots.
She is not sure if voting for Mcain or Obama as loved what Cindy wore while back but also loved what Michelle wore .

Last edited by Luiso; 09-12-2008 at 03:42 PM..

Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
-------------

I disagree most couldn't care less about them and want REAL news not why Paris Hilton doesn't like peas or Brittany Spears new pet monkey,etc.
lol you know what I mean.

I know - I should have said "a significant percentage of us" instead of including everyone under WE.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
so there are no celebs who have used there fame to help the less fortunate? huh

obviously im not saying ALL celebs are like this. duh

also, its obvious why proudcapsailer made this post. with celebs coming out saying what a joke the palin pick was, he wants to create a blanket answer that will say "see, people said celebs dont know crap about politics"
--------------

Sure you have celebs who are incredible people they make a lot of money but they give a lot of money.
Many are hypocrites and full of it but again yes some are great and ultra generous like Sandra Bullock ,Oprah Winfrey few others.

I recall after 9-11 Rosie Odonell who also gave a lot of money said on some show how disapointed she was with her celeb friends who when asked to give did not aka Baldwin among many others.

Most only give lip service and giving has nothing to do with knowing politics but again sure some are great.

Notice who gives and who only gives lip service you might see them in a different light.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM

11 posts, read 13,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Hollywood And Music Celebrities Are So Much Smarter Than The Average American When It Comes To Politics. Do YOU agree?
Drugs and alcohol are so rampant among Hollywood and Music Celebrities, how could anyone think that with all that fried brain they could be smarter than anyone? Actors speak from a script which is someone else's words and musicians hover too close to the ceiling for me to respect about 80% of them. There are some good people out there, but they have an unfair advantage by using their celebrity to give their opinions. When my opinion gets on TV, then I might listen to the hollow whining of a bunch of over paid lowlifes.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I know - I should have said "a significant percentage of us" instead of including everyone under WE.

I don't even think it's a significant percentage. The media is garbage . You never get real investigative news instead you get celeb trash.

Most have cable to get away from reg news as tired of celeb junk . I watch Fox-CNN-MSNBC and SECOND they start with celeb "news" I go to another network.

Do you know most bilingual Hispanics will not watch Hispanic "news" .

Celebs , chupacabra and visions of God on oil stained window's is bit lame.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:41 PM

11 posts, read 13,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------

Sure you have celebs who are incredible people they make a lot of money but they give a lot of money.
Many are hypocrites and full of it but again yes some are great and ultra generous like Sandra Bullock ,Oprah Winfrey few others.

I recall after 9-11 Rosie Odonell who also gave a lot of money said on some show how disapointed she was with her celeb friends who when asked to give did not aka Baldwin among many others.

Most only give lip service and giving has nothing to do with knowing politics but again sure some are great.

Notice who gives and who only gives lip service you might see them in a different light.
The amount of celebrity participation and contribution is in direct proportion to their stardom and slipping or lacking thereof. The only time you hear from Rosie the Posie is when she wants to get back in the limelight. She's a has been. Take a look at the ones who are so blatantly vocal and usually obnoxious. Most often (don't read that as all) they are out of their genre or their careers are down the toilet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies